The Diamond/Harbour/Bell Group

The Diamond/Harbour/Bell Group Employee Reviews

Canada19 reviews
Test Test Test
very pleasant coworkers but very poor ownership/management
as large of a company as this one is, i enjoyed my day to day workday with my direct coworkers and leads. I was introduced to the union and was able to learn a great deal. With this company i was able to expand on what i know and was even granted the ability to complete my education through my own support. The issues began to arise about 6 months into my employment, and the true lack of leadership showed through the fears of big changes and empty promises. the negative impacts were felt up until my last day of work. it is understandable, that during this time, many companies and businesses are going through an unprecedented time, but i felt that as an employee, the general quality of my well being of myself and my safety was not prioritized even before the fact that the day to day work was beginning to slow down. i understand this time is difficult for employers to keep workers busy, however, i don't believe that termination of workers should be one of the first procedure in place to resolve an issue that may have many other resolutions that benefit both employee and employer.
Poorly run admin department
Management does not care about their office staff. We were told that we do nothing but cost the company money. Despite asking for more work repeatedly they refused to help their staff improve. They pay well but it is a toxic environment. The management are related to the owner and don't care about anyone but themselves and the bottom line. They used sneaky tactics to lay off the admin staff so they can hire new people and pay less
Pros
Busy company, decent pay
Cons
Toxic environment, management are petty and manipulative
C'est trop cool
C'est très bien, car vous avez ouvert des ateliers, et le pourcentage de chômage ou votre ouverture sur le monde vous ont réduit d'idées et contribué au développement des entreprises. Merci beaucoup.🙂🙂🙂
great learning opportunitys
I very much enjoyed my time working there and learned a great deal that came to be necessary in my own shop working tasks every day. would like to thank all people and journeymen mechanics that i came in contact with over the years for helping me. i highly recommend this company as a great starting point.
was excited to start work there but was sadly disappointed in management.
was excited to work there ! found it a struggle to get clear answers or movement when communicating with mangers . whats missing that would make a difference is strong leadership with integrity .
this day in age when employees become just numbers when they actually want to be a contribution and make a difference. be nice if a space was created where voices that have great contribution are heard .
Poorly managed company. Owner doesn't care
Don't bother applying for a job here. Tainted from upper management down. They don't care about the employess that work here. All they care about is the bottom line.
like to work and keep busy
liked going to work every day and a great bunch of guys to work with management was fair but ferm on rules. lots of training available. and never had a worry with job security.
Good place to work.
A typical day at work would involve getting a work order for a truck, waiting for parts, or approval, or finance to go through. what I've learned, working on highway unit is challenging which is something I like, jobs that are easy are welcome, but can get boring after a while. management has its ups and downs to say it simply. workplace culture is incredible, the crew that I work with is amazing and wouldn't trade them for anyone. the hardest part of my job would have to be keeping my opinion to myself. if I see that there is a better way to do a job, a more efficient/easier way to do the job, its hard to keep it to myself. I believe that if people work smarter and not harder, everyone can benefit from the outcome and not just the higher ups. the most enjoyable part of my job is as I said before the crew that I work with, and as well the feeling I get when a job is done-and done right I will add-and it doesn't came back for a re-work. it assures you of a job well done.
Good company.
This is an excellent training ground for apprentices as International has an exceptional in house training program. The International warranty program is top notch, thus demanding the best out of each technician. This job demands a high level of production & technical knowledge from each mechanic.
Pros
Great in house Training & good wages
Cons
High stress environment
poor on the payroll side
take time off time cards every day when caught wont reimburse
bad attitude by immediate supervisor working environment is very crowded and cluttered
Cons
bad attitude of service writer
Great place to start a career
I only spent a short time with Diamond International, but was incredibly happy with the company. It seems like a place where management is truly trying to find the balance between financial success and workplace happiness.
Pros
Cons
International Engines
people are wonderful to work with
I love the atmosphere here. Everyone is easy going and are wonderful to working with.
hard work long hours but atleast i seen my family
go to work at 7 am get work orders and repair big trucks
i learned how to repair big trucks as a 1st year apprentice

management was ok a little cranky at times but he was under allot of pressure

co workers were ok some i got along with some i just ignored

the hardest part of my job was trying to get a truck fixed by a certain time as i had to wit for parts

the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing that truck leave knowing you just fixed it
Pros
really good hourly wage and i got to see my family
Cons
sometimes allot of overtime
A typical day at diamond is fast paced and very mentally straining, You have to be quick paced and can work under pressure. You are constently on your feet and moving. My co-workers where amazing and treated me kindly. Everyone was so friendly and understanding. The hardest part of the job was the constant moving around on your feet all the time you could sit for a few minutes but that at most. I really enjoyed this job because it let me meet new people and really let me get a look into how life as a parts person really is.
Pros
getting to know new people
great place
learned lots, just got slow and got layed off, very insecure employment
Pros
managment
Cons
almost like a flat rate shop
fun environment
enjoyed the look of delight on a customer face after purchasing a piece of jewelry is a delight,meeting new people from different country,when ever a cruise ship dock.
Pros
receiving a bonus whenever you make a sale
Cons
not enough hours
It was the start of my career as a Journeyman Heavy Duty Red Seal Technician.
A typical day would consist of learning the finer points of being a Journeyman Technician such as overhauling engines. During the course of my employment I learned the technical overhaul of many types of engines. The management at Diamond International Trucks treated me with respect and professionalism. I was fortunate enough to work with a great team of Journeyman Technicians that taught me new skills and different approaches. Being the perfectionist I am I found it hard to satisfy mangement. An example of this occured when I was beating warranty time and yet they asked me to further my speed, doing this I found myself comprimising my work. I took pride in the education I recieved from my employment, and found it was a worth while experience.
Pros
working with other journeyman technicians improved my own abilities therefore improved bussiness.
Cons
the cons of my employment were little room for advancement.