The Deck Store

The Deck Store Employee Reviews

Overall great environment to be in

Once I started working I immediately felt at home. The bosses I worked for the most were very understanding and fair the entire time I worked. When I made silly mistakes, they always had my back and guided me through the solution, making me a better worker in the process. A very strict but fair environment, but it is something I thoroughly enjoyed in my eight months of work.

Pros

Great Coworkers

Cons

Customers are sometimes aggressive

Yard supervisor terrible to work with

If you like working somewhere that is supposed to be organized this is not the place for you. Orders are to be picked with little to no products available. Yard supervisor is a dictator type leader.

Stressful, fast-paced, aggressive and petty management, TOO MUCH DRIVING

The Deck Store upon discovery is a good place to work for anyone who wants to get into sales. However, they have multiple locations and expect an unrealistic commute. Furthermore, it is expected that you will close clients and retain ALL clients. Not only this, but you are required to bug and annoy clients until you are told not too. Many of the locations are in out-of-the-way places and have NO foot traffic. Due to this, your lack of client retention will cause stress from higher-ups. It can be a rewarding job, but it is very stressful. The management is focused mainly on their bottom line. Also, there are no commissions.

Pros

Pretty office

Cons

Long hours, opening multiple locations (in different cities)

Freindly

I was only there for odd jobs but it was fun. All the people get along great and there was always someone around to ask any questions that came up. Great experience.

average

always a group meeting, go over the day, organize day, set up orders for delivery. fun group, group lunches, company bought lots of dinners, very close group

Mlm Tactic weilding con men-- wearing the mask of Fine Religious People

If you were ever involved in an MLM scheme and really enjoyed it, you will love these scoundrels. Whether you are a builder, designer or salesperson you will have to negotiate well. Before the job, during, and after it is finished. Keep in mind you will never actually get paid in full.

no good

don't waste your time. unless you enjoy being laid off for 5 of the 12 months a year. if so you are going to love this job (while you are on layoffs)!

Proffesional and nice place to work

I worked at The Deck Store for a summer and it was a very pleasant and professional experience. Hours are awesome, you're expected to be kind and professional with customers and meet their needs. Management is also great and you're treated like family.

Pros

Good pay, nice work environment

Cons

None to add

Working here for 4 years has been a great experience. I have gained a family being here and do not regret it. The management is good but there are some flaws as with any other company. Job security here is like walking on thin ice, you're never sure what will happen.

Pros

Good people and management that cares about you

Cons

Job security is thin ice

Loved this job

A typical day involves talking and loading customer with their deck packages that they pre-ordered or just called in. Being able to find the material quickly and effectively is a key component to this job. Great boss and management team.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Hot summer days

Productive and challenging place to work

Co-ordinate and control the movement of all materials, provide inventory support to sales team, audits material list for company building projects, evaluation of material requisitions, Initiate and direct supply activities of requisitioned materials and products including procuring, consolidating, packing, inspecting, schedule and shipping

Wonderful,clean, professional work environment

Since being here in March I've continued to excel because of the excellent management always encouraging employees to learn more and be the best they can be. As a team we all communicate effectively and that is very important in any business. This is a very professional, fun, work environment and I've really appreciated every day here. I look forward to the others to come.

Pros

Great hours

Cons

Sometimes the printer doesn't work

Great place to learn and advance in knowledge in the construction trade

My review of the deck store is that they were very good to me as an employee. Making sure that I understood everything that I did before going into it. I learned how to be flexible with the work you're doing, how to work hard, long days. Also, that what you reap is what you sow in the construction trade, that you need to be a good worker to be successful. My co-workers were very knowledgeable on what they were doing and would offer help whenever they could. The hardest part about the job was trying to pick up different activities each day, you definatley had to be flexible with that you did in the day. Although, the easiest part of the job was being in the yard just helping out with general labor duties like cleaning wood, making sure everything was in neat piles, putting together delivery orders for the guys that needed them.

Pros

Postive work enviroment, straight forward work, people were easy to work with

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Deck Store. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement