The Deck Store

The Deck Store Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
average
always a group meeting, go over the day,
organize day, set up orders for delivery.

fun group,

group lunches,

company bought lots of dinners,

very close group
Mlm Tactic weilding con men-- wearing the mask of Fine Religious People
If you were ever involved in an MLM scheme and really enjoyed it, you will love these scoundrels.

Whether you are a builder, designer or salesperson you will have to negotiate well. Before the job, during, and after it is finished. Keep in mind you will never actually get paid in full.
no good
don't waste your time. unless you enjoy being laid off for 5 of the 12 months a year. if so you are going to love this job (while you are on layoffs)!
Proffesional and nice place to work
I worked at The Deck Store for a summer and it was a very pleasant and professional experience. Hours are awesome, you're expected to be kind and professional with customers and meet their needs. Management is also great and you're treated like family.
Pros
Good pay, nice work environment
Cons
None to add
Working here for 4 years has been a great experience. I have gained a family being here and do not regret it. The management is good but there are some flaws as with any other company. Job security here is like walking on thin ice, you're never sure what will happen.
Pros
Good people and management that cares about you
Cons
Job security is thin ice
Loved this job
A typical day involves talking and loading customer with their deck packages that they pre-ordered or just called in. Being able to find the material quickly and effectively is a key component to this job.
Great boss and management team.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Hot summer days
Productive and challenging place to work
Co-ordinate and control the movement of all materials, provide inventory support to sales team, audits material list for company building projects, evaluation of material requisitions, Initiate and direct supply activities of requisitioned materials and products including procuring, consolidating, packing, inspecting, schedule and shipping
Wonderful,clean, professional work environment
Since being here in March I've continued to excel because of the excellent management always encouraging employees to learn more and be the best they can be. As a team we all communicate effectively and that is very important in any business. This is a very professional, fun, work environment and I've really appreciated every day here. I look forward to the others to come.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Sometimes the printer doesn't work
Great place to learn and advance in knowledge in the construction trade
My review of the deck store is that they were very good to me as an employee. Making sure that I understood everything that I did before going into it. I learned how to be flexible with the work you're doing, how to work hard, long days. Also, that what you reap is what you sow in the construction trade, that you need to be a good worker to be successful. My co-workers were very knowledgeable on what they were doing and would offer help whenever they could. The hardest part about the job was trying to pick up different activities each day, you definatley had to be flexible with that you did in the day. Although, the easiest part of the job was being in the yard just helping out with general labor duties like cleaning wood, making sure everything was in neat piles, putting together delivery orders for the guys that needed them.
Pros
Postive work enviroment, straight forward work, people were easy to work with