THE COBBLER

THE COBBLER Employee Reviews

nice

One of the typical days is when a machine we were using to hold glue almost spoiled the shoe. This taught me that I should ask every time to avoid mistakes. The management was supportive all the time. Teamwork was very important. The means of transport was very difficult. The job needed one to be creative and innovative which I like so much because it keeps my brain active all the time.

No job security.Unnessary favourism given to the people by management. Line manager hires people only from her country of origin which is not fair.

Overall negative experience but the cobbler as a company teach a lot of things which will enhance my career.Unnessary favourism given to some people..

Pros

Nice work mates

Cons

Poor management system

Great environment for growth

quite competitive environment,excellent management.I learnt on how to interact with the employees and customers at all levels.its a great company for growth.

Challenging work environment with good ergonomic constraints

I work in a workshop that constantly changes their processes to achieve the best possible result in services provided to enhance customer satisfaction. It is challenging since we need to elevate ourselves according to the changes that is brought upon and it happens constantly. Also, we have to be able to adapt and learn fast as well. The hardest part of the job is the physical strain since you need to be on your feet from morning till evening and it could sometimes be hours before you even sit for a while. The management is young and dynamic and tries to challenge staffs to reach their maximum potential. I have learned to adapt myself with the environment and seize the opportunity when you get it and also learned to take decisions based on facts and leave emotions out of work, however I do believe in a positive work environment that helps people grow. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the people I work with, because they make a work day worth it just by being there, plus we all learn everything together and have a good bond.

Pros

Lunch hour is 1 hour, which I think is a bonus

Cons

Long hours and hard to go for annual leave unless there is a replacement in hand

Best company to gain expertise in leather goods.

Working at Cobbler provided me with the expertise in the field of leather goods specially shoes. I learnt the art of patina and how to treat and nurture leather. Learnt a lot in terms of client management. The management is humble and welcomes your ideas. Its a family atmosphere at Cobbler. The most challenging aspect could be the long hours, but that is the nature of work.

fun workplace

Fun workplace and an ideal job for someone in education to work their whilst continuing to study and learn more for their future.

Privately owned Shop

Six to eight hour shifts at the Cobbler seemed to go by in a flash. As a tradesmen i naturally love to work with my hands but this job gave me a different perspective on how a almost dead trade can be so useful. The owner of the establishment is a hard working man and doesn't take anything less than perfection on any of his projects. The hardest task on the job would be to meet the satisfactory needs of the customer as well as the owner. But the best part is defiantly seeing the customer walk out with a smile and satisfied.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at THE COBBLER. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement