Play YouTube video button
The Co-operators

The Co-operators Employee Reviews

Canada213 reviews
Featured review
The Co-operators selected this as a representative review
Great company to work for with many opportunities for advancement. The company provides all training and covers all costs for training. Great benefits package.
28 March 2019
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We agree with your positive comments. At The Co-operators, we value the time our employees spend with us and work hard to support their personal and professional growth. We are also proud of our unique culture which makes this “a BETTER place to work".
The Co-operators are very good to all staff, work life balance is very important. The work is well distributed among people with the right skill set, training is provided if needed.
30 April 2020
Thank you for reviewing The Co-operators. We agree with your positive comments! We value work life balance and believe in the career development of our people. Our dedication to our employees continued development shows in our investment in training programs, paid tuition and leadership programs. The ongoing efforts and dedication of our employees in the office and the community make this a great place to work and set us apart from other organizations.
Call center environment surrounded by great people. I had great pay and great benefits, was surrounded by great people and we had weekly activities which included games and prizes. It was a very fun environment to work in but there was a lot expected of us as we had to make sure we were taking care of existing clients needs and also obtain new clients.
Pros
Bonuses and group activities
Cons
Long commute to work, sitting in traffic for 3.5 hours a day
30 April 2020
Thank you for your Indeed review. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed your time working at The Co-operators. Our organization supports a total rewards approach and supplements your compensation with a generous company-paid benefits program. Our group benefits plan includes group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, health insurance and dental insurance. Our financial strength and stability is sustained by the people we employ, and we're committed to creating a work environment in which our employees feel respected, valued, recognize and rewarded for their efforts.
Produit non connu du publique
Direction mal gérer et pas dialogues

possible avec la direction.

Un salaire très peu compétitif
Good company with management that puts money where mouth is in regards to work life balance. Pay could be better but in line with other positions of same criteria.
20 February 2020
Thank you for your review and for sharing that you have good work life balance in your agency office! Our culture is caring, innovative and collaborative, and we value work life balance. Our advisors are self-employed and at minimum are required to pay market rate to their employees. They are accountable and responsible for running the agency and managing their staff.
It is a great place to work but can be very demanding you need to know and keep up on your work and if you’re not licensed you need to make sure you know what you legally can and can’t say
20 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write your Indeed review. We are a proud Canadian Co-operative. Our heritage and values shape our approach to business, resulting in a different and better client experience. At every level of our organization, we see people who are deeply committed to their work, who share our corporate values and whose professionalism and dedication fuel our success as an organization.
Great company to work with, benefit program is robust, vacation days plentiful, wonderful opportunities to move around within the company, especially of you happen to be at one of the larger office office
20 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review The Co-operators. At The Co-operators, we are committed to ensuring our total rewards package is highly competitive. In addition to base pay, we offer a wide range of benefits and other reward programs. In addition, development planning is an integral part of our performance planning process. Employees partner with their leader to establish development goals. These are just a couple of the ways that makes The Co-operators a better place to start or advance a career.
The problem with cooperators is that they randomly let people go, add tons of work to your position while salary is decreasing(less bonus etc)

This company use to be amazing here in Quebec, but in recent years.

There’s too much favoritism amongst the management, and really no diversity amongst the managers and directors.

The sad part is that cooperators is not really advancing but just playing Catch up at their employees expense. I would not recommend working here as you can make more money doing the same job elsewhere
12 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience. The Co-operators supports a culture of collaboration, respect, integrity and teamwork, and we continually look for ways to support and coach our people leaders to effectively support their teams. Our leaders are accountable for having regular one on one conversations with employees in an effort to support job satisfaction and career development. We value your feedback and want to acknowledge your concerns so that we may continue to learn and grow, and we hope you had an opportunity to share this feedback with your former leader. Should you wish to discuss your feedback in greater detail, please do not hesitate to reach out to HRSharedServices@cooperators.ca.
The Co-operators was once a top company to work at, but the climate has changed a lot in recent years. Management is obsessed with reducing expenses at all costs, workload has increased for employees and stress is high. There is no union to protect employees, and they have done layoffs at times that hit longtime employees. They do have some perks, with a generous vacation schedule and every second Friday off.
14 November 2019
Thank you for your Indeed review. At The Co-operators we welcome feedback so that we can continue to push boundaries for improvement, and we want to acknowledge your concerns. As an organization, we have strategies and tools that promote a culture of appreciation in addition to policies and resources that support work-life balance, including paid and unpaid "time-off" programs that enable employees to manage their life and work priorities. At every level of our organization, we see people who are deeply committed to their work, who share our corporate values and whose professionalism and dedication fuel our success as an organization. As an existing employee, we encourage you to share your concerns with your leader or HR Consulting so that they may address them directly.
Good life work balance if you work hard you are compensated.
Holidays are fair, benefits included.

Great teamwork and good atmosphere.

Thankful for having a job close to home
22 November 2019
Thank you for your review. We’re glad to hear you are enjoying your workplace including the work environment, location and total rewards. Our advisors are self-employed and are accountable and responsible for running the agency and managing their staff. We value your feedback and encourage you to share this positive feedback with your leader.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Co-operators?
it has a very productive environment, and the work culture is very friendly.
The management has strong leadership and strategy approaches. Great people overall who are open to collaboration and innovation. The Co-operators is a positive, supportive place to work. Leadership is approachable, which was important to me. The co-operatives' values are something that separates the Co-operators from other employers because they are fair, transparent and provide a positive space for development. This is a great place to work!
29 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review The Co-operators on Indeed. We agree with your positive comments! We are proud to be named on the Best Employers in Canada list by Kincentric. It's an honour we take very seriously, because it proves what we've always known; that The Co-operators truly is a better place to work.
I have nothing but good things to say about this workplace. The benefits are great, the management cares that their employees have a proper workplace balance, and there are clear expectations for any position you have.
29 January 2020
Thank you for your Indeed review. The Co-operators is a different insurance company. We are part of the co-operative business sector. Our business is built on the values of honesty, caring, hard work, family and community. Just as our co-operative values guide how we run our business, they are inherent in the way we treat our employees making this "a BETTER place to work."
Co-operators is very involved in the community and support volunteering within the communities we live in. They strive to provide back to the community.
4 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to review The Co-operators. We provide each employee with 2 paid Volunteer Days each year to meet our commitment to being a socially responsible employer, and to positively impact the communities in which we do business. The ongoing efforts and dedication of our employees in the office and the community make this a great place to work and set us apart from other organizations.
Fair salary with paid vacation. There was also commission on certain sales of policies. Many team building events and incentives to be a team player..
22 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience. Our advisors are self-employed and are accountable and responsible for running the agency and managing their staff. We hope you had the opportunity to share your positive feedback with your former leader.
I would not recommend working here. Management is hard to work for. No work life balance. No advancement opportunities. Very low paying. It was hard to get rime off due to low staffing.
12 November 2019
Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to hear you did not have a positive work experience in your agency office. Our advisors are self-employed and at minimum are required to pay market rate to their employees. They are accountable and responsible for running the agency and managing their staff. At The Co-operators we value and want to acknowledge your concerns so that we may grow, and we hope you had the opportunity to share your feedback with your former leader so that your concerns could be appropriately addressed.
Very passionate company, loved my experience. Very supportive and fun/dynamic atmosphere. Lots of training and resources to gain information to help facilitate insurance sales.
22 November 2019
Thank you for your positive review. We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience in your agency office. The Co-operative values that inspired our founders over 60 years ago continue to guide our organization today; you can see that in our culture and our people. There is a direct link between the way we do business and the healthy, balanced culture we have achieved together.
A mess. Unorganized. Severely poor management. Extremely difficult systems nothing is simple. Horribly glitchy systems always errors or down.

It’s making me type more than i want in this box which is why I’m typing this.
12 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are open to receiving feedback which helps us continue to learn and grow. At The Co-operators, our advisors are self-employed and are accountable and responsible for running the agency and managing their staff. Please be advised that feedback with regards to our systems has been brought forward and is currently being addressed, however, we also encourage you to reach out to your leader or Fabiola_tonizzo@cooperators.ca to share your concerns so that they may address them directly.
Staffing was a major issue during my time here. Head office was over 7 hours away and it often felt as though the branch was left in the dust.
Great place to learn anything you would ever need to know to future proof yourself. I now have vast insurance knowledge I will carry with me for the rest of my life.

Customers can be very rude, they have to spend money on something they NEED but don't want. You definitely get to work on your customer service skills.

Personally, I will always get insurance through them. They are amazing when it comes to covering insurance claims!
Pros
Discounts on products
Cons
Medical, retirement plans are sad considering its an insurance place
12 November 2019
Thank you for your Indeed review. We are pleased to hear you had a great learning experience working at your agency and that you had experienced great client service as well! Associate Insurance Advisor’s are key players in the support and development of the agency operation. Our advisors are self-employed and are accountable and responsible for running the agency and managing their staff. We value your feedback and hope you had an opportunity to share with your former leader.
The company does not pay well compared to other insurance companies for the same position. Also the company is always deciding to do restructuring which means that people get demoted often. The management does not speak to upper management enough or at all. They don't care abut employees
21 October 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide your review on Indeed. We’re sorry to hear the company did not meet your expectations and we hope you had the opportunity to share your feedback with your leader or during your exit interview with Human Resources. At The Co-operators, we are committed to creating a work environment in which our employees feel respected, valued, recognized and rewarded for their efforts. Our values foster a commitment to transparent, effective, two-way communication among all employees and with organizational leaders and our salary and incentive plans are reviewed on a regular basis to ensure they are competitive within the insurance industry and local markets. These are just some of the ways that we look to make The Co-operators “a BETTER place to work."
Pros:
Work-life balance

Flex days

Helpfully teammates

Day pass by fast

Truly better place for you and clients

Cons:

Career growth not clear

Pay lower than competition
11 November 2019
Thank you for your positive review! The Co-operators is an insurance company unlike any other. We support a balanced, performance-oriented work environment and offer a number of benefits to support employees in balancing their work, family and community commitments. Having a highly engaged workforce is extremely important to our organization. It means that employees support our mission and are willing to make extra efforts to help us achieve our strategic objectives. At every level of our organization, we see people who are deeply committed to their work, who share our corporate values and whose professionalism and dedication fuel our success as an organization.
Management and work culture is becoming more progressive and company is transitioning to Agile.
The best aspect of the Company is that it promotes sustainability and supports mental health initiatives. Also, dress code is - dress for your day so if you are not client facing, you can wear jeans everyday!
11 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. At The Co-operators we believe that sustainability encompasses the social, environmental and economic priorities that guide our day-to-day work. We demonstrate our commitment to a mentally healthy workplace by mobilizing our workplace to be part of the solution for creating positive well being. With a focus on sustainability and the communities we serve, we all work hard to further develop an inspiring organization and an enjoyable place to work.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Co-operators. Our community is ready to answer.