Play YouTube video button
The Co-operators
The Co-operators Employee Review

Sales oriented job

14 February 2020
Good company to work for but do not want sales, i wish to work behind the scenes.

Small office with lots of business so always busy which is good.

Time for a new change
Official response from The Co-operators
28 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review The Co-operators. We’re glad to hear you are enjoying working in your agency office. At The Co-operators, realizing your career potential is easier with an online job posting database that lists available positions and their required competencies. Our Advisors are self-employed and are accountable and responsible for running the agency and managing their staff. We encourage you to reach out to your leader to discuss your career path and how that aligns with development opportunities within your agency.
6 August 2019
Same location
Was on contract, manager only hired friends. Department was very clique like. Worked with lots of female co-workers where, as a male, you are expected to pay them complements or you have an attitude problem. Trainer didn’t like being asked question. But, even contractors had benefits and raises.
Official response from The Co-operators
9 August 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your experience. At The Co-operators we value and want to acknowledge your concerns and we are sorry to hear about your experience. As an employer, we strive to create a culture in which every employee feels valued, supported and inspired to do their very best. Our leaders are accountable for having regular one on one conversations with employees that support job satisfaction. We hope you had the opportunity to share your feedback with your leader or during your exit interview with Human Resources so that your concerns could be appropriately addressed.
15 February 2018
Great work environment, wonderful co-workers and very understanding surpervisors. Would highly recommend, great opportunities for advancement, and great benefits and pension plans.
17 August 2017
Same roleSame location
Multi tasking was the most important part of the day and dealing with prorities. Customer service was the first in the daily events. Dealing in the insurance world you needed to take care of the clients best interst, and dealing with delicate issues. I love the customer interaction and problem solving, gaining there trust and respect. Of course there was always the sales aspect with building the book of business and upselling/cross selling whenever possible. Knowing how to juggle the walk in business as well as keeping up with the incoming phone calls and replying promptly to the e-mails.
Pros
training
Cons
advancement
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Co-operators. Our community is ready to answer.