Play YouTube video button

The Co-operators Employee Reviews for Insurance Agent

Insurance Agent18 reviews
Canada18 reviews
Featured review
The Co-operators selected this as a representative review
Great company to work for with many opportunities for advancement. The company provides all training and covers all costs for training. Great benefits package.
28 March 2019
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We agree with your positive comments. At The Co-operators, we value the time our employees spend with us and work hard to support their personal and professional growth. We are also proud of our unique culture which makes this “a BETTER place to work".
People are nice to work with, advancement is always present, good benefits and the company itself believes in your capabilities and they give chances to people who are determined no matter how hard you fall because that’s their version of success.
Pros
Advancement
Call center environment surrounded by great people. I had great pay and great benefits, was surrounded by great people and we had weekly activities which included games and prizes. It was a very fun environment to work in but there was a lot expected of us as we had to make sure we were taking care of existing clients needs and also obtain new clients.
Pros
Bonuses and group activities
Cons
Long commute to work, sitting in traffic for 3.5 hours a day
30 April 2020
Thank you for your Indeed review. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed your time working at The Co-operators. Our organization supports a total rewards approach and supplements your compensation with a generous company-paid benefits program. Our group benefits plan includes group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, health insurance and dental insurance. Our financial strength and stability is sustained by the people we employ, and we're committed to creating a work environment in which our employees feel respected, valued, recognize and rewarded for their efforts.
Exceptional organization to work for. CGIC is a top 50 best to work at Canadian employer for so many reasons- Examples: Security, advancement with significant opportunity to grow,
2 October 2019
Thank you for taking the time to review The Co-operators. Our advisors are self-employed and are accountable and responsible for running the agency and managing their staff. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time working in your agency office, including the job security and development opportunities you received.
I enjoy working at the Co-operators. I work full time. The management team is respectful and values your opinion. I always enjoy working with my colleagues.
3 September 2019
Thank you for taking the time to review The Co-operators. Our values foster a commitment to transparent, effective, two-way communication among all employees and with organizational leaders. With a focus on sustainability and the communities we serve, we all work hard to further develop an inspiring organization and an enjoyable place to work.
I worked 15 hours days and could not get caught up with my work. It was a position meant for ( 1 1/2) people. I did not have a life at the time, so I did not mind for a while. People would have had their insurance cancelled from a head office if I did not stay. The management is in another location, so I feel they did not have understanding of the office needs compared to a city style office. An office in the country is close enough for people to visit and ask for answers that you could not provide. I am used to having the ability to provide excellent customer service and not getting answers for people in a timely manner, made that hard to do. I loved the in office group I worked with.
Pros
Real lunch breaks
Cons
Not enough time for customers
23 August 2018
Thank you for posting a review. At The Co-operators, we welcome feedback so that we can continue to learn and grow. We hope you had an opportunity to share your thoughts with your leader about your specific workplace experience. Please feel free to reach out to Fabiola_tonizzo@cooperators.ca if you would like to discuss further.
The co-operators is a good place to work. A lot of opportunities to do different things within the company and very good training. Benefits and pay are in line with positions in the industry.
Employees are treated very well by the company. However, most positions are rather repetitive. Overall my experience with the company was very good. Any sort of negativity was brought about during client interactions.
Incredible environment to work in. I really enjoyed my time here. The executives and leadership in this company foster an open and creative environment for young people to thrive. They also really care about the development of their staff.
I love working for this company. I just feel as though I am stuck in a position in which I have no opportunity to move. The atmosphere at the cooperators is amazing. Everyone is so open and accepting. Everyone is always willing to help one another.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Co-operators?
The job is different depending on your calls that day. However, the job can be quite repetitive and mind-numbing at times if your calls are very straight forward.

There's a lot of inner competition for development roles. Management usually does a good job of choosing who to promote but the limitation of available positions leads to great workers moving elsewhere.
Continual education on Insurance changes as set out by the Government regulations.
High paced environment.

Must have excellent time management skills.

Heavy workload.

Excellent business experience.

Working with anyone from a 16yrs old person who just got their driver's license, to multi-million dollar business clients with multi- faceted needs.
Pros
continuously learning new skills
Cons
must be a perfectionist as liability wieghs on your shoulders
My position was to write new auto policies. Could be challenging at times when people thought our premiums were too high. Had to show them that our premiums may be higher although the quality of service when needed was over and above exceptional.
Employed for a short period under training. Good Learning and enough scope for development. Opportunity to learn new software applications
Overall great benefits and great company to work for, as well as supportive management. Great opportunities in Moncton as the company has been constantly recruiting a lot of employees in the last two years and there is potential for growth for ambitious individuals.
- A fair work day with loads of unnecessary work assigned by the management to create an inequality amount workers with same title so that a secure management can persist.

- Great quality of training was sabotaged by the limitation and restrictions set by higher peers.

- Abolition to your sleep pattern (a morning shift on Saturday after a late shift on Friday).

- Job culture is based on popularity where an individual can be underprivileged for not having sweet-talks with the management.

- The only good part happens around the first few years when they cannot afford to lose an employee after paying all the licensing fees and training materials.
Pros
Pay Advancement and Training in First Few Years, Good Benefit and Job Environment
Cons
Poor Management, Low Work-Life Balance, No Development, Unfair Treatment
Stressful place to work. ......micro management. ..management doesn't like to be proven wrong. ...
you don't know from one day to the next if you still have a job

they fired 60+ people to hire new staff a lower wage

not a good place to be. ....
Pros
No pros
Cons
Stressful atmosphere
• Verify and code new auto policies
• Process various endorsements

• Assist brokers with policy inquires and policy changes

• Apply payments
Pros
Great group of people
Cons
It's nice to work for a Canadian company with Canadian values.

I have learned a great deal in the insurance business since I joined the cooperators.

The most enjoyable part of my job is just getting out and talking with clients so that I can find out how the cooperators can best help them.
Pros
canadian values
Cons
extremely long training period
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Co-operators. Our community is ready to answer.