Play YouTube video button

The Co-operators Employee Reviews for Insurance Advisor

Insurance Advisor31 reviews
Canada31 reviews
Featured review
The Co-operators selected this as a representative review
Great company to work for with many opportunities for advancement. The company provides all training and covers all costs for training. Great benefits package.
28 March 2019
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We agree with your positive comments. At The Co-operators, we value the time our employees spend with us and work hard to support their personal and professional growth. We are also proud of our unique culture which makes this “a BETTER place to work".
Good company to work for , fast paced, can be stressful, but never boring. Incentives are great too.
Benefits were good.

Changes in the industry became very stressful, as we had to deal with clients not being happy about increases in premiums, this was an issue with all insurance companies not only the cooperators

Building long term relationships with clients is key to being successful
24 June 2020
Thank you for your review. Our advisors are self-employed and are accountable and responsible for running the agency and managing their staff. We are glad to hear about your positive experience working in the agency office including the incentives and benefits.
Okay place to work with nice co-workers. Good for work life balance. more emphasis on improving quality of services. Overall positive experience at here.
Pros
Good Work Life Balance
24 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your experience.We’re glad to hear you are pleased with the work-life balance in your agency office, and that you are having a positive work experience. We encourage you to share this positive feedback with your leader.
Family owned location branch. Incredible treatment of staff and clients. Too many pro's to list in one paragraph. If I had remained in the Bonnyille area I would have stayed with the company for the rest of my career.
Pros
Family is a priority
Cons
Located in Bonnyville
19 June 2020
Thank you for your positive review! As part of the co-operative business sector, The Co-operators is built on the values of honesty, caring, hard work, family and community. Our advisors are self-employed and are responsible for running the agency and managing their staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time working in an agency office and hope you had the opportunity to share your positive feedback with your former leader.
The Co-operators is a great place to work. Everyone is helpful and working towards a common goal to give our clients the best experience we can. I would highly recommend looking applying for any job that come sup within the company
19 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to recommend The Co-operators. Our ability to fulfill our purpose, providing financial security for Canadians and Canadian communities is dependent on the engagement of our clients, members and staff. This simple fact drives a continuous focus and priority on the engagement of all of these important stakeholder groups.
For the amount of learning, knowledge and servicing involved with being an Insurance Advisor, the pay and benefits are a sad match No pension plan, no health spending account, no sick days
Pros
Training
Cons
Low Pay, No sick days
20 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Our Associate Insurance Advisor is a key player in the support and development of the agency operation. Our advisors are self-employed and at minimum are required to pay market rate to their employees. They are accountable and responsible for running the agency and managing their staff. We encourage you to share your concerns with your leader so that they may address them directly.
Good company with management that puts money where mouth is in regards to work life balance. Pay could be better but in line with other positions of same criteria.
20 February 2020
Thank you for your review and for sharing that you have good work life balance in your agency office! Our culture is caring, innovative and collaborative, and we value work life balance. Our advisors are self-employed and at minimum are required to pay market rate to their employees. They are accountable and responsible for running the agency and managing their staff.
I would not recommend working here. Management is hard to work for. No work life balance. No advancement opportunities. Very low paying. It was hard to get rime off due to low staffing.
12 November 2019
Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to hear you did not have a positive work experience in your agency office. Our advisors are self-employed and at minimum are required to pay market rate to their employees. They are accountable and responsible for running the agency and managing their staff. At The Co-operators we value and want to acknowledge your concerns so that we may grow, and we hope you had the opportunity to share your feedback with your former leader so that your concerns could be appropriately addressed.
Staffing was a major issue during my time here. Head office was over 7 hours away and it often felt as though the branch was left in the dust.
Great place to learn anything you would ever need to know to future proof yourself. I now have vast insurance knowledge I will carry with me for the rest of my life.

Customers can be very rude, they have to spend money on something they NEED but don't want. You definitely get to work on your customer service skills.

Personally, I will always get insurance through them. They are amazing when it comes to covering insurance claims!
Pros
Discounts on products
Cons
Medical, retirement plans are sad considering its an insurance place
12 November 2019
Thank you for your Indeed review. We are pleased to hear you had a great learning experience working at your agency and that you had experienced great client service as well! Associate Insurance Advisor’s are key players in the support and development of the agency operation. Our advisors are self-employed and are accountable and responsible for running the agency and managing their staff. We value your feedback and hope you had an opportunity to share with your former leader.
not a good place to work the wage is terrible for what they expect of you and the management is horrible and the life work balance is terrible. No morals or values followed at all.
Pros
Cons
Horrible place to work
16 August 2019
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. At The Co-operators we are open to receiving feedback as we recognize there is always room for improvement. Our advisors are self-employed and are accountable for managing their agency and at minimum are required to pay market rate to their employees. We welcome you to reach out to fabiola_tonizzo@cooperators.ca to address your concerns appropriately.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Co-operators?
stressful environment and unreasonable demands. salary is very minimal considering the asset we are to the company. management doesn't seem to realize the amount of time consuming workload we have. The company pushes for big growth and the company is good at keeping us in the "know" of upcoming changes
26 July 2019
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The Co-operators is a different insurance company. We are part of the co-operative business sector. Our business is built on the values of honesty, caring, hard work, family and community. Our advisors are self-employed and at minimum are required to pay market rate to their employees. They are accountable and responsible for running the agency and managing their staff. We encourage you to reach out to your leader or Fabiola_tonizzo@cooperators.ca to share your concerns so that they may address them directly.
The job itself isn't bad and I really enjoyed all the different aspects of the role. I liked that I was given the opportunity to grow into an expert about various lines of insurance. I did not like the overall company structure where I can be trained for more work then the person working beside me and be given more responsibility and then be paid less with no explanation as to why. I enjoyed all the skills that I was able to gain from this role and I appreciate that the company was willing to let me grow into a role that I wanted even though that meant potentially leaving them.
15 April 2019
Thank you for taking the time to review what it is like working at The Co-operators.   Our goal is to attract, select, retain and develop the best candidate for each position vacancy. We foster open and transparent communication and strive to create a culture where every employee feels valued, supported and inspired to do their very best.  We are happy to hear you have been able to gain valuable skills and experience at The Co-operators!
The branch I worked for was a horrible environment. Management was a joke and teamwork was non-existent. Coworkers were very vindictive and would steal sales from you at every opportunity.I worked my butt off and was not compensated fairly or treated with ANY respect.
23 August 2018
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It is unfortunate that you feel the organization is not meeting all your expectations. We value and want to acknowledge your concerns so that we can continue to push boundaries for improvement. Should you wish to discuss your feedback in greater detail, please don't hesitate to reach out to Fabiola_tonizzo@cooperators.ca.
I have worked the biggest agency in Canada at Co-operators. I would tell you for sure that this company is a very cheap in terms of paying salaries, benefits! Compare this company with Intact, Desjardins and you will see that salary difference from 5 000$ up to 15 000$. The Management always are crying we don't have enough money and we had a lot of lost but reality is different and Co-operators is making million $ profit. Check how many companies they have acquired last 10 years and you can see that I am right! Don't waste your time at Co-operators
Pros
Learning and work experience
Cons
Poor Managment and Salary
I truly enjoyed working at Cooperators Insurance. The training was excellent and my co-workers were a pleasure to work with. I learned valuable skills in sales and customer service.
Pros
Learning about the insurance industry
Cons
good company to work for, good benefits decent salary, staff great, advisors great, growth opportunity, claims, agency, service, hr, appraisals, cleri
Great company
Good benefits

Slow paced environment

Not a wonderful place to build a career if you are young. Especially here in winnipeg.

No commissions
I enjoyed the inbound calls and initiated outbound prospect sales calls
I were happy to assist and encourage clients on insurance matters for auto, property, commercial, life and travel and recommend solutions and answered inquiries to ensure clients’ satisfaction.

I provided the best advice to help the clients make informed decisions when purchasing an insurance policy
Pros
busy
Cons
low salary
No two days are ever the same - you have to understand the people you are speaking to, to best provide them with the service that meets their needs and budget
Pros
Lots of new and regular faces - always learning something new
 Licensed Insurance Advisor: Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO)
 Facilitate in binding and servicing auto and home insurance policies

 Prepared and composed over 200 client review summaries to cross sell and upsell auto, home and life insurance packages; led to surpassing the district yearly goal by 10%

 Recognized clients through phone calls, emails and in person to provide insurance related information and simultaneously fulfill client’s insurance needs.
Cooperators is one of the Best insurance companies around today. All employees and All Management are the fairest and smartest people around. Equal opportunity for everyone. Very good benefits.
Pros
On the job training and free information.
Cons
Hard work and lots to study
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Co-operators. Our community is ready to answer.