Play YouTube video button
The Co-operators

The Co-operators Employee Reviews in Moncton, NB

Moncton, NB9 reviews
Featured review
The Co-operators selected this as a representative review
Great company to work for with many opportunities for advancement. The company provides all training and covers all costs for training. Great benefits package.
28 March 2019
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We agree with your positive comments. At The Co-operators, we value the time our employees spend with us and work hard to support their personal and professional growth. We are also proud of our unique culture which makes this “a BETTER place to work".
Good company to work for but do not want sales, i wish to work behind the scenes.

Small office with lots of business so always busy which is good.

Time for a new change
28 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review The Co-operators. We’re glad to hear you are enjoying working in your agency office. At The Co-operators, realizing your career potential is easier with an online job posting database that lists available positions and their required competencies. Our Advisors are self-employed and are accountable and responsible for running the agency and managing their staff. We encourage you to reach out to your leader to discuss your career path and how that aligns with development opportunities within your agency.
Was on contract, manager only hired friends. Department was very clique like. Worked with lots of female co-workers where, as a male, you are expected to pay them complements or you have an attitude problem. Trainer didn’t like being asked question. But, even contractors had benefits and raises.
9 August 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your experience. At The Co-operators we value and want to acknowledge your concerns and we are sorry to hear about your experience. As an employer, we strive to create a culture in which every employee feels valued, supported and inspired to do their very best. Our leaders are accountable for having regular one on one conversations with employees that support job satisfaction. We hope you had the opportunity to share your feedback with your leader or during your exit interview with Human Resources so that your concerns could be appropriately addressed.
Great work environment, wonderful co-workers and very understanding surpervisors. Would highly recommend, great opportunities for advancement, and great benefits and pension plans.
Multi tasking was the most important part of the day and dealing with prorities. Customer service was the first in the daily events. Dealing in the insurance world you needed to take care of the clients best interst, and dealing with delicate issues. I love the customer interaction and problem solving, gaining there trust and respect. Of course there was always the sales aspect with building the book of business and upselling/cross selling whenever possible. Knowing how to juggle the walk in business as well as keeping up with the incoming phone calls and replying promptly to the e-mails.
Pros
training
Cons
advancement
They truly care about their employees. Benefits are great. Very flexible in work hours, depending what area of insurance you are in. Very friendly and approachable. Advancement is a little difficult.
Overall great benefits and great company to work for, as well as supportive management. Great opportunities in Moncton as the company has been constantly recruiting a lot of employees in the last two years and there is potential for growth for ambitious individuals.
I worked with the cooperators for 6 months and it is a fantastic company to work with. Every person truly does matter and everything changes fast and there are lots of opportunities to grow and develop. I feel the Coaches and Supervisors really want to see you reach you full potential and they are willing to help if they can.

I worked with phone support for other agents of the cooperators and also did data management. I really enjoyed the job.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Most positions are only offered on contract
A productive,encouraging work environment in which you are given clear expectations of the work required of you with encouraging and supporting management and coworkers.
A demanding rewarding role with the ability to multi task while managing changing priorities.
Pros
well respected organization
Cons
opportunity for advance is limited
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Co-operators. Our community is ready to answer.