Play YouTube video button
The Co-operators

The Co-operators Employee Reviews in Mississauga, ON

Mississauga, ON18 reviews
Featured review
The Co-operators selected this as a representative review
Great company to work for with many opportunities for advancement. The company provides all training and covers all costs for training. Great benefits package.
28 March 2019
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We agree with your positive comments. At The Co-operators, we value the time our employees spend with us and work hard to support their personal and professional growth. We are also proud of our unique culture which makes this “a BETTER place to work".
People are nice to work with, advancement is always present, good benefits and the company itself believes in your capabilities and they give chances to people who are determined no matter how hard you fall because that’s their version of success.
Pros
Advancement
14 July 2020
Thank you for your review! When you work for The Co-operators, you’ll be part of a culture that’s warm, caring, engaging and rewarding. This outstanding cultural character didn't just happen; it's been guided by solid leadership and the collaborative contribution of every member of our organization, past and present. You’ll be part of a team that works hard to develop an inspiring organization and an enjoyable place to work
Call center environment surrounded by great people. I had great pay and great benefits, was surrounded by great people and we had weekly activities which included games and prizes. It was a very fun environment to work in but there was a lot expected of us as we had to make sure we were taking care of existing clients needs and also obtain new clients.
Pros
Bonuses and group activities
Cons
Long commute to work, sitting in traffic for 3.5 hours a day
30 April 2020
Thank you for your Indeed review. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed your time working at The Co-operators. Our organization supports a total rewards approach and supplements your compensation with a generous company-paid benefits program. Our group benefits plan includes group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, health insurance and dental insurance. Our financial strength and stability is sustained by the people we employ, and we're committed to creating a work environment in which our employees feel respected, valued, recognize and rewarded for their efforts.
Great company to work with, benefit program is robust, vacation days plentiful, wonderful opportunities to move around within the company, especially of you happen to be at one of the larger office office
20 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review The Co-operators. At The Co-operators, we are committed to ensuring our total rewards package is highly competitive. In addition to base pay, we offer a wide range of benefits and other reward programs. In addition, development planning is an integral part of our performance planning process. Employees partner with their leader to establish development goals. These are just a couple of the ways that makes The Co-operators a better place to start or advance a career.
I enjoy working at the Co-operators. I work full time. The management team is respectful and values your opinion. I always enjoy working with my colleagues.
3 September 2019
Thank you for taking the time to review The Co-operators. Our values foster a commitment to transparent, effective, two-way communication among all employees and with organizational leaders. With a focus on sustainability and the communities we serve, we all work hard to further develop an inspiring organization and an enjoyable place to work.
typical day at work spent in front of a computer answering calls. you must perform to audit standards or risk termination. The people who work there are great and the culture is fun.
Pros
work life balance, training
Cons
pay
15 July 2019
Thank you for taking the time to post a review with us on Indeed. We’re glad you are enjoying your time working at The Co-operators. We support a balanced, performance-oriented work environment and offer a number of benefits to support employees in balancing their work, family and community commitments. With a focus on sustainability and the communities we service, we have achieved a truly caring and warm culture.
The Cooperators is a wonderful company who truly care about their employees. They provide a great work life balance and they work with their employees on developmental opportunities within the company.
4 February 2019
Thank you for your insightful and positive review about our work environment.  As an employer, The Co-operators strives to create a culture in which every employee feels valued, supported and inspired to do and be their very best.  We are proud of our unique culture  which makes The Co-operators “a BETTER place to work.”
Great Job culture, excellent work life balance. Lots of opportunity to grow and learn. Supportive of different designations (ex. CHRP, CIP, RIBO). Ability to learn/sell/manager insurance related products.
2 August 2018
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. As an employer, we strive to create a culture in which every employee feels valued, supported and inspired to do their very best. We're so happy to hear you're enjoying your time working at The Co-operators!
Typical day at work included filing, data entry, assigned projects
Management was easy to approach and understanding of work life balance

I enjoyed the people I worked with everyone was so friendly
Pros
Free Coffee, Tea, and Hot Chocolate, Flexible Hours
1 May 2018
Thank you for your positive review. At The Co-operators, we do our very best to create a work environment where our employees feel supported in balancing their work, family and community commitments. We are also very proud of the caring and collaborative culture we have created, which greatly contribute to the reasons our organization is an enjoyable place to work.
I get to meet a lot of new people and faces. Interaction with employees, customers, clients always puts a smile on my face. They are very friendly and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is handling difficult or upset customers. Overall it is a good experience and love to explore more.
Pros
Free food, friendly team
Cons
Sitting for long periods of time
19 April 2018
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are happy to hear that our external contractors value the warm, caring and engaging culture that we strive to create at The Co-operators. Our co-operative values not only guide how we run our business, but are inherent in how we treat each other making this "a BETTER place to work."
The co-operators is a good place to work. A lot of opportunities to do different things within the company and very good training. Benefits and pay are in line with positions in the industry.
Employees are treated very well by the company. However, most positions are rather repetitive. Overall my experience with the company was very good. Any sort of negativity was brought about during client interactions.
Incredible environment to work in. I really enjoyed my time here. The executives and leadership in this company foster an open and creative environment for young people to thrive. They also really care about the development of their staff.
My hours at work are usually 8-4pm . I am on the phones during those times. I work from home virtually . This allows me to have a great work/life balance. I enjoy dealing with clients even on hectic days . The most enjoyable part of working with the company is my colleagues . The hardest part of my job is that sometimes I may miss the face to face interaction. Overall, great company to work for.
-Servicing clients with their claims needs

-Management needs to provide trust and freedom to their team and not micromanage

-Culture is overall diverse and polite

-Being content with repetitive work

-Interacting with colleagues
I love working for this company. I just feel as though I am stuck in a position in which I have no opportunity to move. The atmosphere at the cooperators is amazing. Everyone is so open and accepting. Everyone is always willing to help one another.
The job is different depending on your calls that day. However, the job can be quite repetitive and mind-numbing at times if your calls are very straight forward.

There's a lot of inner competition for development roles. Management usually does a good job of choosing who to promote but the limitation of available positions leads to great workers moving elsewhere.
This is good company. The people are friendly and the company provides a lot of training opportunities. But the HQ is in Guelph.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Office is far from Toronto
insurance great business ,it gives security to people & peace of mind

iloved sales .