Play YouTube video button
The Co-operators

The Co-operators Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Calgary, AB16 reviews
Featured review
The Co-operators selected this as a representative review
Great company to work for with many opportunities for advancement. The company provides all training and covers all costs for training. Great benefits package.
28 March 2019
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We agree with your positive comments. At The Co-operators, we value the time our employees spend with us and work hard to support their personal and professional growth. We are also proud of our unique culture which makes this “a BETTER place to work".
Good company to work for , fast paced, can be stressful, but never boring. Incentives are great too.
Benefits were good.

Changes in the industry became very stressful, as we had to deal with clients not being happy about increases in premiums, this was an issue with all insurance companies not only the cooperators

Building long term relationships with clients is key to being successful
24 June 2020
Thank you for your review. Our advisors are self-employed and are accountable and responsible for running the agency and managing their staff. We are glad to hear about your positive experience working in the agency office including the incentives and benefits.
I would not recommend working here. Management is hard to work for. No work life balance. No advancement opportunities. Very low paying. It was hard to get rime off due to low staffing.
12 November 2019
Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to hear you did not have a positive work experience in your agency office. Our advisors are self-employed and at minimum are required to pay market rate to their employees. They are accountable and responsible for running the agency and managing their staff. At The Co-operators we value and want to acknowledge your concerns so that we may grow, and we hope you had the opportunity to share your feedback with your former leader so that your concerns could be appropriately addressed.
As a direct writer Cooperators has many advantages over the broker model. However, the fascination with becoming an investment dealer, selling out dated and incompatible products and poor leadership make it a tough place to work.
Pros
Brand
Cons
Leadership; Products; Compensation
12 November 2019
Thank you for your review. At The Co-operators, we welcome feedback so that we can push boundaries for improvement. Our ability to fulfill our purpose, providing financial security for Canadians and their communities is dependent on the engagement of our clients, members and staff. Financial planning services strongly aligns with this purpose. We plan to significantly grow our advice-based lines of business to ensure we remain relevant and to mitigate risk. Mutual Funds are an important enabler of our Wealth Strategy making up 90% of the retail investment market in addition to many clients having mutual funds holdings of some type. The Co-operators future state envisions every agency offering mutual funds as an option to meet their clients’ needs.
Pros: Good pay comparing to other customer service positions in Calgary.

Cons: non-university educated people supervising you;

Very bad communication between the Coaches and the managers;

Shifts starts at 7am

45 minutes lunch break + 15 minutes coffee break (you cannot have 1 hour break at the time;

You always have to check if you can go to the washroom or wait for someone to cover the Queue.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Non-flexible
12 September 2018
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are open to receiving feedback from former employees as we realize there is always room for improvement.

As an organization, we are consistently looking for ways to support and coach our people leaders so that they can effectively support their teams. To supplement external education, we offer a number of leadership programs that create an opportunity to learn, receive mentoring, and ensure our supervisors are equipped with the skills necessary to be successful in their roles.

Supporting the needs of our clients across Canada is also extremely important to us. To be able to provide a seamless and personalized experience for them, we require our Client Service Representatives to work rotational shifts outside of standard business hours. Offering this flexibility to our clients not only supports our goal to be a leader in Client Engagement but also helps to set us apart from other organizations.

Should you wish to discuss your feedback in greater detail, please don’t hesitate to reach out to HRSharedServices@cooperators.ca.
Good benefits. Work place culture was good. Hardest part of job was to meet deadlines. Nice co-workers. Lots of team work. Some managers can be shady and biased if they take a dislike to you.Overall I would probably work there again.
It's insurance, it's all about money and they don't care about people. I left due to mental health issues ten years ago and was never offered help. Management knew I was suicidal at the time and let me walk out the door. I obviously made it through but could have found help sooner with a little support.
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
we called each other claims monkeys knowing we were very dispendable.
Tremendous company with a great reputation.
Great people and training environment.

A wonderful training program.

A place great work environment and with great support.
Amazing company
Quick response with client concerns and claims

Benefits was amazing

Great tools to learn and build skills
It was an okay place to work but work life balance was not great. Very little room for gaining confidence in your work due to many and constant audits.
it is a fun company, with some issues with Management.
have seen a lot of changes some for the good and some for the worse. Long hours
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
not always the best for the eye of the employee
this place was a fabulous place to work. Had a great atmosphere and the people around the office were great. the hardest part of the job was dealing with angry clients that think the world revolve around them and the most enjoyable part of my job was working under a great boss. as an administrative assistant I would recommend this job to any one.
A typical day at work was fun but also a heavy work load.
I learned a lot as this was a big change in my career. Learned a lot more time management and organization as it is needed in the role so that you don't fall behind.

The management was supportive, caring, helpful, hard working and professional.

My co-workers were all supportive and helpful and enjoyable to work with.

The hardest part of the job would some days be the work load, but with time and patience you learn to manage the work.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be the culture of our department. Every part of the job was incredible and the work life balance in the company really makes for a happy team.
Pros
Quiet rooms, Treadmill, Ping-pong table, amazing benefits
The above work places was fun especially the staffs.We did a lot of group outside and inside activities. A table tennis table was available to all staff and also an exercise machine.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
shift schedules
Definitivamente el aspecto comercial fue lo más interesante para mi. Tratar con dueños de compañías en diversas industrias y poder abordar sus necesidades particulares con diferentes estrategias, la negociación y el contacto con la gente fue fantástico.

La dirección de la agencia no fue óptima y redujo las posibilidades de la posición enormemente. Faltó capacitación y tiempo por parte de la gerencia.

El aprender las necesidades y los detalles de diversos negocios fue quizás lo más valioso, y me gustó poder usar mis idiomas en la negociación y presentación de recomendaciones.
Pros
Crecimiento, trato con clientes, libertad para manejar mi tiempo
Cons
Oficina, gerencia, capacitación
We had a quota to meet every day and every week we had different task to do.

I learned to analyzed and reconciled credits report that I really enjoyed doing. I also learned how to used another house system that was different from my previous employer.

The hardest part of the job was when I was sitting in front of the computer doing repetitive work all day long.
Pros
Longer hours to have every 2nd Monday off
Cons
Not enough variations in the day
Great company culture. Great benefits. Easy to climb the company ladder.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Co-operators. Our community is ready to answer.