Play YouTube video button
The Co-operators
The Co-operators Employee Review

Favouritism

6 August 2019
Was on contract, manager only hired friends. Department was very clique like. Worked with lots of female co-workers where, as a male, you are expected to pay them complements or you have an attitude problem. Trainer didn’t like being asked question. But, even contractors had benefits and raises.
9 August 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your experience. At The Co-operators we value and want to acknowledge your concerns and we are sorry to hear about your experience. As an employer, we strive to create a culture in which every employee feels valued, supported and inspired to do their very best. Our leaders are accountable for having regular one on one conversations with employees that support job satisfaction. We hope you had the opportunity to share your feedback with your leader or during your exit interview with Human Resources so that your concerns could be appropriately addressed.
24 October 2019
Same role
Customer Service Representative, Product Administration, Wealth Management (Current Employee) - Regina, SK
Co-operators is very involved in the community and support volunteering within the communities we live in. They strive to provide back to the community.
4 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to review The Co-operators. We provide each employee with 2 paid Volunteer Days each year to meet our commitment to being a socially responsible employer, and to positively impact the communities in which we do business. The ongoing efforts and dedication of our employees in the office and the community make this a great place to work and set us apart from other organizations.
16 July 2019
Same role
Policy Service Representative (Former Employee) - Guelph, ON
A typical day at work consisted of entering, updating or cancelling policies.
I learned a lot about the insurance industry during my time that. I had 3 supervisors during my time there and I got along well with all of them. The hours were good, flex time was available to anyone that requested it. The most enjoyable part of the job for me were the people. I made some wonderful friendship during my time there.
16 August 2019
We’re glad you shared your review with us on Indeed. The Co-operative values that inspired our founders over 60 years ago continue to guide our organization today; you can see that in our culture and our people. We consistently look for ways to support and coach our people leaders to effectively support their teams. We are also pleased to accommodate flexible work schedules that support work life balance and meet the requirements of the role, our clients and our colleagues. We are glad you had an enjoyable experience working at The Co-operators.
14 February 2020
Same location
Agency Associate Advisor (Current Employee) - Moncton, NB
Good company to work for but do not want sales, i wish to work behind the scenes.

Small office with lots of business so always busy which is good.

Time for a new change
28 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review The Co-operators. We’re glad to hear you are enjoying working in your agency office. At The Co-operators, realizing your career potential is easier with an online job posting database that lists available positions and their required competencies. Our Advisors are self-employed and are accountable and responsible for running the agency and managing their staff. We encourage you to reach out to your leader to discuss your career path and how that aligns with development opportunities within your agency.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Co-operators. Our community is ready to answer.