Play YouTube video button
The Co-operators

The Co-operators Employee Reviews

Canada212 reviews
Featured review
The Co-operators selected this as a representative review
Great Company
Great company to work for with many opportunities for advancement. The company provides all training and covers all costs for training. Great benefits package.
28 March 2019
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We agree with your positive comments. At The Co-operators, we value the time our employees spend with us and work hard to support their personal and professional growth. We are also proud of our unique culture which makes this “a BETTER place to work".
Highly collaborative with strong product development teams.
The team at the Co-operators were a pleasure to work with. Highly collaborative, forward-thinking and respectful of work-life balance.

The location was ideal, in the heart of Guelph, so it remains to be seen how the COVID-19 pandemic will effect that.

I would certainly consider working there again in the future.

Good overall experience!
Collaborative, productive environement
Relaxed, yet productive and fun working environment. Collaborative team work, friendly management and trustworthy. Challenging tasks, large scale applications with clear direction.
Time off to travel
Travel allowed me to feel well rested
did not last long but the time off helped

I enjoyed the people I worked with

I had the opportunity to train and provide them with the knowledge of the years of my experience
Good company to work for
Different departments have different management, but so far had no issues at all. Job load was up and down - so be ready to relax when you can and work hard when is needed
Good company
Good company to work for , fast paced, can be stressful, but never boring. Incentives are great too.
Benefits were good.

Changes in the industry became very stressful, as we had to deal with clients not being happy about increases in premiums, this was an issue with all insurance companies not only the cooperators

Building long term relationships with clients is key to being successful
Professional caring company
Lots of opportunities to advance. This is a career company with opportunities with many career paths - sales, claims, actuary and many more A 100% Canadian co-operative with opportunities across Canada
okay place to work with nice co-workers
Okay place to work with nice co-workers. Good for work life balance. more emphasis on improving quality of services. Overall positive experience at here.
Pros
Good Work Life Balance
Good Company with starting the Carrier
Great company and awesome people. Management also take care of their employees , people are willing to help as long as you are willing to learn. Full timers has one flax day during the two weeks.
Best Employer Ever!!
Family owned location branch. Incredible treatment of staff and clients. Too many pro's to list in one paragraph. If I had remained in the Bonnyille area I would have stayed with the company for the rest of my career.
Pros
Family is a priority
Cons
Located in Bonnyville
Avoid
This is a great place to work, but has tyrannical management practices . You are extremely vulnerable as a contractor if you are not willing to play along with your manager's petty politics. This is a toxic work environment. Avoid!
2 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write us an Indeed review. At The Co-operators, we are open to hearing feedback from current/former employees and contractors on their experience in our workplace as we recognize there is always room for improvement. As an organization, we consistently look for ways to support and coach our people leaders to effectively support their teams. We are committed to creating a positive work environment and observe the highest level of ethical practice. We welcome you to reach out to judy_gouveia@cooperators.ca so that we can address your concerns appropriately.
Good place
Good place to work, Guelph is long commute, location is not ideal for Toronto or East end based employees. It works better if you are located in the Kitchner Waterloo area
4 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write an Indeed review for The Co-operators. We're sorry to hear the commute to work was not ideal to your situation. We value work-life balance and offer a number of benefits to support employees in balancing their work, family and community commitments. Just as our co-operative values guide how we run our business, they are inherent in the way we treat our employees making this "a BETTER place to work."
Receptionist
Working at the cooperators is absolutely a fantastic Experience, the work culture is fantastic but the pay is absolutely garbage. Above minimum wage but below average in the industry, they expect a lot and pay little. And in the screening interview was told if I didn’t fit in, they’d just get rid of me same day, they don’t care about paying you out. . No raises in sight
1 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review The Co-operators. It is wonderful to hear that you are having a fantastic work experience. With a focus on sustainability and the communities we service, we have achieved a truly caring and warm culture. In addition, our salaries are reviewed on a regular basis to ensure they're competitive with similar positions within the insurance industry and local markets. We encourage you to reach out to your leader to discuss your concerns regarding salary in greater detail so they may be addressed directly.
okay
it was an insurance office
i worked here selling icbc

people in bc hate icbc and there is no choice so people hate it\

i got over being the long arm of the governmetn
The Co-operators is a great place to work. Everyone is helpful and working towards a common goal to give our clients the best experience we can. I would highly recommend looking applying for any job that come sup within the company
Good place to work, Collaborative environment, colleagues are helpful and very supportive, ample opportunity is provided for learning, development and growth.
1 May 2020
Thank you for your Indeed review. We are lucky to have someone that is as passionate about The Co-operators as you are! As a Co-operative, we have a distinct culture rooted in our co-op values, which is reflected in our commitment to learning and development, our collaborative spirit and our approach to supporting Canadian communities.
Sales oriented job
Good company to work for but do not want sales, i wish to work behind the scenes.

Small office with lots of business so always busy which is good.

Time for a new change
28 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review The Co-operators. We’re glad to hear you are enjoying working in your agency office. At The Co-operators, realizing your career potential is easier with an online job posting database that lists available positions and their required competencies. Our Advisors are self-employed and are accountable and responsible for running the agency and managing their staff. We encourage you to reach out to your leader to discuss your career path and how that aligns with development opportunities within your agency.
Environnement de travail génial
Collaboratif, environnement stimulant, supers collègues, AVP et VP proches des employés
13 March 2020
Nous sommes heureux que vous ayez pris le temps de nous faire part de vos commentaires sur Indeed. En tant que coopérative, notre culture distincte est ancrée dans nos valeurs coopératives, lesquelles se reflètent dans notre engagement à l’égard de l’apprentissage et du perfectionnement, dans notre esprit collaboratif et dans le soutien que nous offrons aux collectivités canadiennes. Nous sommes fiers de figurer sur la liste des Employeurs de choix au Canada établie par Kincentric. C’est un honneur qui nous touche tout particulièrement, car cela prouve ce que nous savons depuis toujours : Co-operators est réellement une entreprise de choix.
Best Company
This is a great company to work for, they really care about their employees. Management is very understanding, Greta morals and a great environment for growth and development. Everyone is very friendly. Only downside is that it has a lot of family connections, someone’s kid will get a job over you because they are someone’s kid
1 May 2020
Thank you for your Indeed review. The Co-operators invests in the development of employees to support their learning and career enrichment. In addition, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a consistent and equitable recruitment and selection process. We are committed to a systematic approach to recruitment and selection in order to attract, select, and appoint the best people through a fair process.
Low Pay, high workload
For the amount of learning, knowledge and servicing involved with being an Insurance Advisor, the pay and benefits are a sad match No pension plan, no health spending account, no sick days
Pros
Training
Cons
Low Pay, No sick days
20 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Our Associate Insurance Advisor is a key player in the support and development of the agency operation. Our advisors are self-employed and at minimum are required to pay market rate to their employees. They are accountable and responsible for running the agency and managing their staff. We encourage you to share your concerns with your leader so that they may address them directly.
Excellent Place to work!
The Co-operators are very good to all staff, work life balance is very important. The work is well distributed among people with the right skill set, training is provided if needed.
30 April 2020
Thank you for reviewing The Co-operators. We agree with your positive comments! We value work life balance and believe in the career development of our people. Our dedication to our employees continued development shows in our investment in training programs, paid tuition and leadership programs. The ongoing efforts and dedication of our employees in the office and the community make this a great place to work and set us apart from other organizations.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Co-operators. Our community is ready to answer.