The Co-operators Employee Reviews

Summer Student Job
Customer Support Representative - Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 April 2018
Typical day at work included filing, data entry, assigned projects
Management was easy to approach and understanding of work life balance
I enjoyed the people I worked with everyone was so friendly
Pros
Free Coffee, Tea, and Hot Chocolate, Flexible Hours
Cons
productive work place and fun
Policy Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 April 2018
Good benefits. Work place culture was good. Hardest part of job was to meet deadlines. Nice co-workers. Lots of team work. Some managers can be shady and biased if they take a dislike to you.Overall I would probably work there again.
Cheap company
Financial and Insurance advisor (Former Employee) –  Canada27 March 2018
I have worked the biggest agency in Canada at Co-operators. I would tell you for sure that this company is a very cheap in terms of paying salaries, benefits! Compare this company with Intact, Desjardins and you will see that salary difference from 5 000$ up to 15 000$. The Management always are crying we don't have enough money and we had a lot of lost but reality is different and Co-operators is making million $ profit. Check how many companies they have acquired last 10 years and you can see that I am right! Don't waste your time at Co-operators
Pros
Learning and work experience
Cons
Poor Managment and Salary
A good place to work
Licensed Insurance Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 March 2018
The co-operators is a good place to work. A lot of opportunities to do different things within the company and very good training. Benefits and pay are in line with positions in the industry.
Work Experience at Cooperators
Associate Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Blairmore, AB5 March 2018
I truly enjoyed working at Cooperators Insurance. The training was excellent and my co-workers were a pleasure to work with. I learned valuable skills in sales and customer service.
Pros
Learning about the insurance industry
n/a
Asssociate Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  windsor, on21 February 2018
good company to work for, good benefits decent salary, staff great, advisors great, growth opportunity, claims, agency, service, hr, appraisals, cleri
1 of Canadas top 200 Employers
Policy Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB15 February 2018
Great work environment, wonderful co-workers and very understanding surpervisors. Would highly recommend, great opportunities for advancement, and great benefits and pension plans.
Great work/life balance
National Special Investigator (Current Employee) –  Alberta14 February 2018
Flex days, decent salary and benefits. 3 days personal days to take whenever you want.

Option to work from home, office or both. Business credit card for expenses.
This place was the best
Level 3 Endorsement Clerk (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK31 January 2018
Loved it here, the people were like family.

Helped both agents and clients with there insurance policies, explain what they needed to meet their needs and what each coverage does in fact cover. Contact was via phone and email.

I was with this company for 15 plus years, there isn't really anything I can say bad about this company. They took care of us.

Cried like a baby when they downsized 140 of us got let go they moved us to Ontario.
Pros
Loved it
Cons
there are none
See below
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON30 January 2018
The co-operators is a fantastic place to work

Unfortunately it is in Guelph and I have to move back to Oshawa for personal reasons.

If I had a change to stay and the time, I was negotiating to stay full time.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
The only con for me is that they are located in quelph
Very slow paced
Insurance Advisor III (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 January 2018
Great company
Good benefits
Slow paced environment
Not a wonderful place to build a career if you are young. Especially here in winnipeg.
No commissions
Great Place
Office Administration/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE22 January 2018
Great people to work for. Many different spots so you can transfer between places. I you can get a job with them I would stay. Great benefits ,Great people
Pros
Great place tow work
Cons
Overall good place to work
Licensed Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 January 2018
Employees are treated very well by the company. However, most positions are rather repetitive. Overall my experience with the company was very good. Any sort of negativity was brought about during client interactions.
Great worklife balance
Group Benefits (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2018
Great people to work with. Slow with innovation. Technology needs updating, everyone works well to succeed however limitation on the technology front.
interesting workplace
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 December 2017
pulling information for adjusters files. scan and photocopy incoming mail. accident, fire and theft claims. it was a temp position but I loved this job
not about there employees
Office Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 December 2017
company paid well but all individually owned offices and it was luck of the draw on the agents. Upper management only listens to agents however service works did the most work
Pros
money
Cons
care for employees
A place to practice the Insuance Knowledge
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  North York, ON30 November 2017
I enjoyed the inbound calls and initiated outbound prospect sales calls
I were happy to assist and encourage clients on insurance matters for auto, property, commercial, life and travel and recommend solutions and answered inquiries to ensure clients’ satisfaction.
I provided the best advice to help the clients make informed decisions when purchasing an insurance policy
Pros
busy
Cons
low salary
Dedicated workplace to the customer's satisfaction and financial (insurance) needs
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Andrew, AB16 November 2017
No two days are ever the same - you have to understand the people you are speaking to, to best provide them with the service that meets their needs and budget
Pros
Lots of new and regular faces - always learning something new
Incredible Environment
Licensed Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 November 2017
Incredible environment to work in. I really enjoyed my time here. The executives and leadership in this company foster an open and creative environment for young people to thrive. They also really care about the development of their staff.
My company for 30 years that offered every perk and training available.
Policy Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON6 November 2017
This company had it's own in house system which was regularly updated. Training and review were a regular part of working there. I learned every facet of the administration centre for this company with great people and top notch management and trainers. I actually did training in my later years with The Co-operators. There was always a lot of good times with service award celebrations, Christmas events...they really valued the dedication and service of their employees. We were a family.
We were always encouraged to learn new things and were well rounded in moving through the different departments.
A great place to work. It was dissolved due to technology and taking insurance administration to the front line brokers.
Pros
Good job perks, social events, bonus programs, great pension plan, excellent training teams.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Co-operators. Our community is ready to answer.