The Co-operators Employee Reviews

Mediocre Environment
Advisor, Personal and Commercial Lines (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON16 May 2018
Environment was good until current office owner took over. Questionable ethical red flags. Salary does not match work load. Great training program. Work is good.
24 May 2018

At The Co-operators, we value and want to acknowledge your concerns and take them seriously so that we may continue to grow. Our advisors are self-employed and at minimum are required to pay market rate to their employees. As contractors who are self-employed they are accountable and responsible for running the agency and managing their staff. Please reach out to Fabiola_tonizzo@cooperators.ca if you would like to discuss further.

Summer Student Job
Customer Support Representative - Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 April 2018
Typical day at work included filing, data entry, assigned projects
Management was easy to approach and understanding of work life balance
I enjoyed the people I worked with everyone was so friendly
Pros
Free Coffee, Tea, and Hot Chocolate, Flexible Hours
1 May 2018

Thank you for your positive review. At The Co-operators, we do our very best to create a work environment where our employees feel supported in balancing their work, family and community commitments. We are also very proud of the caring and collaborative culture we have created, which greatly contribute to the reasons our organization is an enjoyable place to work.

This is really great place to work
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK17 April 2018
I am very fortunate and happy employee at the Cooperators. Amazing people, supporting management and tons of opportunities to learn something new every day. I would encourage anyone who is looking for a great employer to look at current career opportunities at the Cooperators.
Pros
Group Benefits, every second Friday off, flexible hours.
Cons
I don't think there are any.
18 May 2018

Thank you for recommending The Co-operators as an employer of choice. We believe we are an insurance company unlike any other and are proud to be named as one of the Best Employers in Canada by Aon Hewitt. It's an honour we take very seriously, because it proves what we've always known; that The Co-operators truly is a better place to work.

Always meeting new people
Receptionist/Security (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 April 2018
I get to meet a lot of new people and faces. Interaction with employees, customers, clients always puts a smile on my face. They are very friendly and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is handling difficult or upset customers. Overall it is a good experience and love to explore more.
Pros
Free food, friendly team
Cons
Sitting for long periods of time
19 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are happy to hear that our external contractors value the warm, caring and engaging culture that we strive to create at The Co-operators. Our co-operative values not only guide how we run our business, but are inherent in how we treat each other making this "a BETTER place to work."

productive work place and fun
Policy Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 April 2018
Good benefits. Work place culture was good. Hardest part of job was to meet deadlines. Nice co-workers. Lots of team work. Some managers can be shady and biased if they take a dislike to you.Overall I would probably work there again.
Cheap company
Financial and Insurance advisor (Former Employee) –  Canada27 March 2018
I have worked the biggest agency in Canada at Co-operators. I would tell you for sure that this company is a very cheap in terms of paying salaries, benefits! Compare this company with Intact, Desjardins and you will see that salary difference from 5 000$ up to 15 000$. The Management always are crying we don't have enough money and we had a lot of lost but reality is different and Co-operators is making million $ profit. Check how many companies they have acquired last 10 years and you can see that I am right! Don't waste your time at Co-operators
Pros
Learning and work experience
Cons
Poor Managment and Salary
A good place to work
Licensed Insurance Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 March 2018
The co-operators is a good place to work. A lot of opportunities to do different things within the company and very good training. Benefits and pay are in line with positions in the industry.
Work Experience at Cooperators
Associate Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Blairmore, AB5 March 2018
I truly enjoyed working at Cooperators Insurance. The training was excellent and my co-workers were a pleasure to work with. I learned valuable skills in sales and customer service.
Pros
Learning about the insurance industry
n/a
Asssociate Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  windsor, on21 February 2018
good company to work for, good benefits decent salary, staff great, advisors great, growth opportunity, claims, agency, service, hr, appraisals, cleri
1 of Canadas top 200 Employers
Policy Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB15 February 2018
Great work environment, wonderful co-workers and very understanding surpervisors. Would highly recommend, great opportunities for advancement, and great benefits and pension plans.
Great work/life balance
National Special Investigator (Current Employee) –  Alberta14 February 2018
Flex days, decent salary and benefits. 3 days personal days to take whenever you want.

Option to work from home, office or both. Business credit card for expenses.
This place was the best
Level 3 Endorsement Clerk (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK31 January 2018
Loved it here, the people were like family.

Helped both agents and clients with there insurance policies, explain what they needed to meet their needs and what each coverage does in fact cover. Contact was via phone and email.

I was with this company for 15 plus years, there isn't really anything I can say bad about this company. They took care of us.

Cried like a baby when they downsized 140 of us got let go they moved us to Ontario.
Pros
Loved it
Cons
there are none
See below
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON30 January 2018
The co-operators is a fantastic place to work

Unfortunately it is in Guelph and I have to move back to Oshawa for personal reasons.

If I had a change to stay and the time, I was negotiating to stay full time.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
The only con for me is that they are located in quelph
Very slow paced
Insurance Advisor III (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 January 2018
Great company
Good benefits
Slow paced environment
Not a wonderful place to build a career if you are young. Especially here in winnipeg.
No commissions
Great Place
Office Administration/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE22 January 2018
Great people to work for. Many different spots so you can transfer between places. I you can get a job with them I would stay. Great benefits ,Great people
Pros
Great place tow work
Cons
Overall good place to work
Licensed Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 January 2018
Employees are treated very well by the company. However, most positions are rather repetitive. Overall my experience with the company was very good. Any sort of negativity was brought about during client interactions.
Great worklife balance
Group Benefits (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2018
Great people to work with. Slow with innovation. Technology needs updating, everyone works well to succeed however limitation on the technology front.
interesting workplace
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 December 2017
pulling information for adjusters files. scan and photocopy incoming mail. accident, fire and theft claims. it was a temp position but I loved this job
not about there employees
Office Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 December 2017
company paid well but all individually owned offices and it was luck of the draw on the agents. Upper management only listens to agents however service works did the most work
Pros
money
Cons
care for employees
A place to practice the Insuance Knowledge
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  North York, ON30 November 2017
I enjoyed the inbound calls and initiated outbound prospect sales calls
I were happy to assist and encourage clients on insurance matters for auto, property, commercial, life and travel and recommend solutions and answered inquiries to ensure clients’ satisfaction.
I provided the best advice to help the clients make informed decisions when purchasing an insurance policy
Pros
busy
Cons
low salary