The Clorox Company

The Clorox Company Employee Reviews

Good place to work your treated fairly well and lots of ot very nice lunch room with TV free coffee. People are very friendly and willing to help you learn the job
10 November 2020
We are glad to hear that you had a great experience working as an Operator in our Orangeville plant in Canada. We wish you all the best for your future professional endeavors. Take good care!
It’s been a number of years now but I respect the people that manage this company. Even though management has changed, they are all quality individuals that have been brought in.
13 March 2020
We appreciate you taking the time to share your input re your good experience as a Clorox Employee and your perspective regarding Clorox leadership.
I was not the type of person to work in a factory environment. I tried it and gave it a couple years to adjust to the shifts but they took their tol on me.
Pros
pizza
Cons
12 hour days and nights
12 hour shift work is very hard on the body and your mind. It's not for everyone. I found I had anxiety all the time and physically getting sick. The pay was good but my health and wellbeing is more important so I quit.
Pros
Pay, free products, recognition dinners.
Cons
12 hour shifts. 2 weeks of day and 2 weeks of nights. Day shift management can be too political.
13 June 2019
Thank you for providing this feedback regarding your time with The Clorox Company. We encourage you to reach out to HR@clorox.com to discuss your feedback in greater detail.
Very well established policies, very professional environment. All employees are amazingly helpful, cooperative and caring. Very convenient location. Flexible timing.
Pros
Flexible timing
Cons
nothis
26 December 2018
Thank you for providing your insight on Clorox. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience.
Great culture, competent management, work life balance. Not too much room for advancement given the size but you get exposed to all areas of the business so it's a great learning experience.
26 December 2018
Thank you for providing your feedback about The Clorox Company. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience.
Clorox is the great place to learn about retail business and grow. The work environment, ethics, culture of Clorox company is amazing. balance between family life and work. Hardest part of the job - Clorox known for acquisition which is more assigned task for each employee. Enjoyable part of the job - working as team and honor of company, Investigating the root of problem and taking step to solve a problem as arrive,
Awesome work life balance. Various functional managers needs improvement. Not the best management style Peers are very inclusive and makes working there fun and rewarding.
9 November 2018
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your positive work experience at Clorox.
From a temporary perspective the company was good for it was. It's factory work, lots of repetition, long nights, long days. The hardest part would be the shift work going back and forth between nights and days. The people are good though, tough but good.
Cons
Long hours, repetition
9 November 2018
Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience working at Clorox.
Excellent working environment. Work life balance, friendly employees, great leadership. US parent company with small CDN division. Diverse portfolio - cleaning, food and beauty.
I remember my very first day...it was when a large part of Ontario went black. I showed up for my first shift only to find that the plant was closed (power had been restored at this point) the plant was asked to remain closed for a couple of days after the blackout. I got paid for that ! It is or was the only company that made you go to the company Christmas party. why you ask ? if you didn't go then you didn't get paid . Yup you got paid to go to the party and it didn't cost you anything to go. Win Win
Great company to work for. Summer hours and days off between Christmas and New Years. Hard work but great company culture. The most enjoyable part were the wonderful people I worked with.
excellent company overall, great people to work for they do a lot for their employees. never had a single problem during my time working there. I would recommend
as long as you can enjoy continental shifts, The Clorox Company is a great place to work. Unlike some companies I have worked for, at Clorox your fellow employees are very welcoming and kind as long as they see you are there to work.
Lots of boxes and maintaining of the machines as they would jam for silly reasons. Dry environment, repetitive work environment with a laid back atmosphere
Pros
not hard
Cons
Want to do the same job every day for the rest of your career? Then look no further, Clorox is for you. Do you like leadership that focuses on every single move you make, scrutinizes your behaviour and ensures it is told to you at the end of the year? Again, look no further and come to Clorox. Worst career move you could make if you are a high performer, achievement oriented and want to advance. Leadership is seriously old school. The good things are salary, pension and summer hours and it's an informal culture you can wear jeans to work every day if you want. Be prepared to get picked apart all the time and sales can do no wrong. Very bad experience.
Pros
Salary, pension, work life balance
Cons
No career growth or advancement, leadership
You are expected to know the whole process of the job in a short time,no training program at all.Other employees expect you to know how the equipment works even though you have never been shown how to start it.
Pros
Benifits were ok.
very good pay and they did fun stuff like wonderland when I was there
Pros
free lunches
Cons
12 hr rotating shifts
This job was particularly fun where i saw the real example of hard work, when i saw a 60 year old man doing work so enthusiastically. The working environment was very fun and the instructions were given properly
Having never worked in a factory before I was really nervous about being able to keep up with the physically demanding job. But I can honestly say that while there I learned the power of team work and how to push myself and challenged myself every day there and I enjoyed all of it!