The City Of London

The City Of London Employee Reviews

a great team to work with. opportunity to grow. support from management great work life balance great development and learning opportunities highly recommend
Enjoyed working here in my summers, fairly easy job and fun. We had weekly meetings that were relaxed. Interview was easy but some preparation was required ahead of time.
The City of London was an amazing place to work at. The staff were very friendly and so were the managers. The overall experience was just amazing for all staff.
For the number of certifications needed and the costs to do so, the wage does not reflect that. Some shifts are much more work than others, such as a full lesson set without much of any break.
I have been with the city for 2 summer thus far and it is a good job. I have had good opportunities to learn various jobs with in that time and enjoy the learning.
Great opportunity to work in a medium sized city to drive real change. You can work with people how strive to make a difference everyday. Committed teams work together to make our city great.
I really enjoyed working for the City of London and would recommend them as an employer to anyone. I was provided with incredible on the job training to ensure my success in the position.
enjoyed working there, made many everlasting relationships with co-workers and others I may have never worked with. was able to perform a variety of different tasks from pooring concrete, repairing brick work, picking up garbage throughout downtown, repairing bike holders and many other maintenance tasks, which made the day go by quicker by always having something to do. everyone is treated with the utmost respect and safety is the main priority as they always make sure every safety aspect is maintained and kept up to date to ensure nothing happens to any of their employees. overall amazing experience working there.
I was 13 I believe when I did that it was a class I went to with my brother it was not a job to was just learning about what a job would be like it was a class put on by the city
Worked in the Recreation centre level. Casual and evening work. Enjoyed the atmosphere. They were dedicated to training and keeping their employees and people in the community happy.
i left this company because i was unable to balance work life with home life with very little help from the scheduler. there was a lot of politics that effected the personal support workers. as caregivers we got into this role to help people but unfortunately i found myself doing more charting or running back and forth than actually caring for my residents
very enjoyable, got along with everyone . was a team work place of employment. very productive place of employment go to start off and as young person
Good corporation to work for, can be super busy sometimes as the main customers is the public. Management is good, no pressure at all. It is really hard to move or to grow withing the corporation to a higher position.
great workplace to start and lots of members to talk to and good connections . busy environment to work in golf industry as city owns 5 courses. and very competitive.
A typical day at work was scheduling clientele for daily interviews, meeting and interviewing clients, typing notes, filing. I learned how to provide social services to the public. The workplace culture was cooperative and casual. Hardest part of this job was maintaining the caseload. Most enjoyable part of this job was the staff.
Pros
numerous courses
Cons
work load was high
It was great, I have no complaints about working there.
Pros
Exercise
Cons
Too long outdoors
Would work there in a heart beat and was one of the best working experiences I’ve ever had. Plus you work in the Guildhall! Amazing management, good pay and benefits.
I loved working at the City of London. I was hired for 4 months in a contract position. I had a terrible experience with my manager there, he was a new hire and had come from a Child Care Program. He knew nothing about the job, and he didn't train me. At the same time, the staff there were not allowed to train me. (Union Rules) As happy as I was to have this position, I ended up quitting the job because of the manager and his disposition.
Love working for the city, always am happy going into work knowing that my fellow coworkers and my higherups are all great people. Good and consistent hours, with the chance to speak to a supervisor about what schedule works best for you within certain limits. Training is always really long and sometimes seems overboard but it does leave you feeling prepared for anything that may occur and provides you with a plethora of resources for a multitude of scenarios you may find yourself in.
Good employers. Felxible hours and a salary that can go up. There is potential for growth and mobility within jobs as well. Bosses were understanding to school schedules.
Amazing experience working as a 1:1 Inclusion support counselor, meeting new faces and integrating campers into new camp activities made each day different and exciting.
  1. Employee reviews