The City Of London

The City Of London Employee Reviews

Canada72 reviews
Fun Summer Job
Enjoyed working here in my summers, fairly easy job and fun. We had weekly meetings that were relaxed. Interview was easy but some preparation was required ahead of time.
Amazing place
The City of London was an amazing place to work at. The staff were very friendly and so were the managers. The overall experience was just amazing for all staff.
Fun, but not enough pay
For the number of certifications needed and the costs to do so, the wage does not reflect that. Some shifts are much more work than others, such as a full lesson set without much of any break.
Great opportunity for advancement
I have been with the city for 2 summer thus far and it is a good job.
I have had good opportunities to learn various jobs with in that time and enjoy the learning.
Collaborative Workspace making real change
Great opportunity to work in a medium sized city to drive real change. You can work with people how strive to make a difference everyday. Committed teams work together to make our city great.
Excellent company to work for
I really enjoyed working for the City of London and would recommend them as an employer to anyone. I was provided with incredible on the job training to ensure my success in the position.
good atmosphere, new challengning tasks
enjoyed working there, made many everlasting relationships with co-workers and others I may have never worked with. was able to perform a variety of different tasks from pooring concrete, repairing brick work, picking up garbage throughout downtown, repairing bike holders and many other maintenance tasks, which made the day go by quicker by always having something to do. everyone is treated with the utmost respect and safety is the main priority as they always make sure every safety aspect is maintained and kept up to date to ensure nothing happens to any of their employees. overall amazing experience working there.
I'm 15 i have not work there before?
I was 13 I believe when I did that it was a class I went to with my brother it was not a job to was just learning about what a job would be like it was a class put on by the city
Casual work teaching
Worked in the Recreation centre level. Casual and evening work. Enjoyed the atmosphere. They were dedicated to training and keeping their employees and people in the community happy.
n/a
i left this company because i was unable to balance work life with home life with very little help from the scheduler.
there was a lot of politics that effected the personal support workers.

as caregivers we got into this role to help people but unfortunately i found myself doing more charting or running back and forth than actually caring for my residents
good
very enjoyable, got along with everyone . was a team work place of employment. very productive place of employment go to start off and as young person
Good Corporation
Good corporation to work for, can be super busy sometimes as the main customers is the public.

Management is good, no pressure at all. It is really hard to move or to grow withing the corporation to a higher position.
good work place environment
great workplace to start and lots of members to talk to and good connections . busy environment to work in golf industry as city owns 5 courses. and very competitive.
Cooperative and goal focussed
A typical day at work was scheduling clientele for daily interviews, meeting and interviewing clients, typing notes, filing. I learned how to provide social services to the public. The workplace culture was cooperative and casual. Hardest part of this job was maintaining the caseload. Most enjoyable part of this job was the staff.
Pros
numerous courses
Cons
work load was high
Fun
It was great, I have no complaints about working there.
Pros
Exercise
Cons
Too long outdoors
One of the best!
Would work there in a heart beat and was one of the best working experiences I’ve ever had. Plus you work in the Guildhall! Amazing management, good pay and benefits.
I was hired for Child Care Subsidy Office, City of London
I loved working at the City of London. I was hired for 4 months in a contract position. I had a terrible experience with my manager there, he was a new hire and had come from a Child Care Program. He knew nothing about the job, and he didn't train me. At the same time, the staff there were not allowed to train me. (Union Rules) As happy as I was to have this position, I ended up quitting the job because of the manager and his disposition.
Positive and inclusive environment
Love working for the city, always am happy going into work knowing that my fellow coworkers and my higherups are all great people. Good and consistent hours, with the chance to speak to a supervisor about what schedule works best for you within certain limits. Training is always really long and sometimes seems overboard but it does leave you feeling prepared for anything that may occur and provides you with a plethora of resources for a multitude of scenarios you may find yourself in.
Productive and easy work
Good employers. Felxible hours and a salary that can go up. There is potential for growth and mobility within jobs as well. Bosses were understanding to school schedules.
Inlcusion and Supportive
Amazing experience working as a 1:1 Inclusion support counselor, meeting new faces and integrating campers into new camp activities made each day different and exciting.
Unorganized intense place to work with complicit management
Council needs to go back and read municipal act and focus on what they can achieve versus focusing on motherhood statements that accomplish nothing, pander to the loudest voices and create administrative headaches.
Administration needs to stop worrying about a public perception that they have no control over as its council that sets the tone. They need to put realistic plans in front of these one term losers and explain exactly why they aren’t going to spend time or dollars researching folly and frustrating staff from keeping them from what they should be doing.

Administration also needs to stop the nepotism, failure to performance manage their peers and take responsibility for their choices.
Pros
City with potential
Cons
City with no progress in over 30 years