THE CHOPPED LEAF

THE CHOPPED LEAF Employee Reviews

Canada57 reviews
Working in The Chopped Leaf requires the ability to collaborate with your team. The company does not give you a certain division, they have a system where the employees are given a rotating task. That is why teamwork is highly needed in this job. The manager was very good at training new employees.
Zero paid training. They expect you to do all training online in your personal time. Barely ANY BREAKS. Verbal abuse from beginning to end. Management continuesly breaking company rules by discussing personal affairs with staff. I was fired over the phone for no reason & left in tears. Absolutely no appreciation for hard workers.
Pros
Customers are very friendly. Operations manager very friendly.
Cons
Everything else.
in a typical day at work you are required to start at least 5 minutes early and you must prep food while taking orders at the cash registrar. I learned lots about prepping food, and about how much managers can make you want to off yourself. The head manager is horrible, and she was one of the hardest parts of the job. The workplace culture was pretty nonexistent. The owner doesn't want to spend money on that kind of thing. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of a happy customer.
Pros
50 percent off your shift meal, free t-shirt
Cons
inconsistent hours, will fire you for no reason and not pay you correctly
The Chopped Leaf is an amazing place to learn how to work in the kitchen even if your English level is not good. Co-workers are very supportive and friendly.
Fast paced friendly environment. Required to prepare vegetables and portion out proteins. We are also expected to clean and do the dishes. Must have good customer service as everyone is expected to be able to complete all of the required jobs on the line. I really enjoy interacting with the customers and all of the employees are very nice. Hardest part of the job would be having to deal with the meal time rushes, however you find ways to deal with it and help ease the stress for the future.
Manager talked about me and other employees to employees.. My personal life was talked about by the manager/owner to other employees, as well as employees talking about other employees. Bad environment. Work was fine, just a awful environment overall.
Pros
50% off food while working
Cons
the whole environment as a whole.
This was a great place to work since it provided me with essential skills such as building a positive relationship with customers and working well with others as a team to complete orders efficiently.
I love working here it's a nice place and the work environment is amazing. I would recommend indefinitely. Definitely a good starter job and a job to continue on
I had an amazing experience working at The Chopped Leaf. Management was absolutely amazing, the team I had the pleasure to work with were amazing as well. Food is delicious too! If I had the option I would still be employed here but unfortunately had to move out of province! Highly recommend!
Pros
Discounts on meals
Cons
Can get extremely busy
The in-charge manager/supervisor as rude to customers and served dried out food that was poor quality. They do not seem to care about food quality or customer service.
A typical day at chopped leaf would start with checking if everything is fully stock and then prepare a prep list if needed. Ask the prior staff if anything has changed.
My friend got me the job and I had a great time working there. The job itself is very easy and making the food is fun. I’d definitely recommend to someone looking for an easy full time job or part time job. But there are no benefits and be prepared to start at minimum wage. Really not a suitable job for anyone who needs to make a decent income.
I have worked at The Chopped Leaf in Maple Ridge for over a year and a half. The staff is great and the comradery between workers is amazing. A typical day includes customer service, prepping and serving food, cleaning, and being on cashier. I found the job to be very fulfilling and require a wide range of skills which was nice. However, you must be very self-disciplined and have the ability to manage situations. A fair warning, there is no training given and the management is TERRIBLE. The poor management of The Chopped Leaf almost made me leave my job many times. In order to stay, you have to be hardworking and see past the organizational flaws of those higher up in the restaurants line of positions.
The food was delicious. Customers were friendly. Staff was mostly young people my age or around, easy to integrate in the work environment. Miss drinking moroccan chickpea soup from there.
This location was particularly busy on the day to day basis with the exception of Sundays and Mondays. During my time there, I was under 3 different types of management so it started off great and progressively got worse with time. The people to work with made it enjoyable but as the job satisfaction decreased, employees left.
Honestly, before the last round of management came in, I really loved working here. I loved the upbeat environment, being busy to help time pass and interacting with the regular customers. To be in a position where you are not being hovered over every second of the day was awesome.

It's a fast paced environment which I love but management micromanaged and made it hard to meet our basic needs. Not enough staff to cover the day meant no staff to even cover our breaks. We relied on the restaurant's busyness to whether we could drink some water or take a bathroom break, sometimes going full shifts without a single break.
Like the title says,

-Pros-

-Job/school balance.

-Closes at 8pm.

-Friendly staff, great to work with.

-Cons-

-Pay is low.

-No growth.

-Short hoes

—No benefits.

-managements micromanage

-no trust in employees

-tips every two months, barely $150.
It's good working in chopped leaf. Learned different cuisine and menu like of salad, wraps etc. Learned how to maintain hygiene in a food service areas.
* team management
* learnt about training the employees

* leadership qualities

* managing the restaurant

* handling banking operations

* controlling the labor cost
Got an interview with the owner and was scheduled to train the following week. Went to training and she wasn’t even there. On top of that, none of the workers knew I was coming. Manager was bossy and didn’t even train me. She only made me complete certain food prep tasks and asked me to leave early even though the boss schedule me to close with them. Have not heard back from the owner ever since. I was honestly really excited to work at Chopped Leaf because I thought the owner was friendly and outgoing and the kind of boss I want to work for. Really disappointed.
I had a very nice time working there and I think others can too. The management is very kind and understanding. She will always help in any situation.
A typical day of work includes preparing food, working the line and dish, ensuring optimal customer experience. Management is a bit confusing because it is a new franchise, but the workplace culture is positive. If you are patient and can work in a fast paced environment, this job is for you!