The Children's Place

The Children's Place Employee Reviews

Canada345 reviews
Fairly relaxed workplace with very good people
Very nice and understanding people mixed with very flexible work hours. As long as you do your job to the best of your ability there won't be any problems.
fun
you meet new people every day so be prepared. It was amazing, you wouldn't get too tired as you are often not been exhausted from what you are capable of.
Excellent employeur
Une des plus belle place pour travailler. La direction est compréhensive et c’est un employeur pour qui la famille passe avant tout.
Enjoyable place to work
The Children's Place provided me with great experiences that I will carry with me into future careers. The management I experience was also very accommodating since I was a student at my time of employment with the company.
Challenging workplace
The Children's Place is a good place to start as a sales associate. You learn everything from being a cashier to visual merchandising. It is quite challenging and fast-paced.
Amazing
The Children's place is an amazing place to work and everyone is very friendly and helpful. If you are looking for a fast paced job that keeps you busy work here!
Enjoyable work environment
Keeping the store neat and organized at all times could sometimes be a challenge. Learned a lot about product display and organization and how to create an attractive display using limited space. Learned about various techniques on approaching people without appearing intrusive and annoying, but rather informative and as a guide.
Correcte
Chez childrens jadore leurs travail dequipe ,et jai beaucoup apris labas
Not Enough Hours
No job security, room for advancement, no benefits, poor hours. Poor manager and regional manager. Unrealistic sales targets and no rewards for good work.
Great work atmosphere with a sweet employee discount!
Management was great, and the staff were wonderful to work with! If you are a mom looking for a few hours of adult conversation, this place is perfect. You spend the day getting paid to fold clothes, instead of doing at home and not getting paid. Plus, you get to see all the new product come in!
Pros
Did I mention employee discount?
Cons
standing for hours
Bad experience
It was a really bad experience. Not enough hours. Felt like I was higher to cover up for the Black Friday sales period. Only got one warning no shift received after that day
La compagnie se fou de ces employé
La Compagnie se compense pas ces employé, il n'y a jamais de reconnaissance, jamais rien de fait correctement, jamais de merci ou de félicitation, peu importe les efforts et heures de mis au travail.
Aussi, 0.75$ de plus par heure pour un poste d'assistante gérante que les employé sur le planché, malgré toute les responsabilités et tâche de plus à faire.
Very fast paced and customer service oriented
Team was essentially just a second family. Lots of experience can be gained from working at children's place but the overall hustle is worth the effort. Amazing people and amazing customer service skills can be gained through working here.
Perfect first job
The manager was good and knew what to do all the employees treated each other like friends the work environment was good and friendly and the job was easy
Overall Great Experience
The work environment was a great one the effort of the workers was amazing. I enjoyed working there for the time I was there. Overall great experience
Un travail parfait pour l’été
C’était un bon travail pour l’été, il était proche de mon domicile et les personnes qui y travaillaient étaient très chaleureuses. Il y avait beaucoup de tâches à faire en une seule journée, mais avec toute l’organisation ça se faisait rapidement .
Great place!
Really great place to work. People are nice and are willing to help you if you have trouble. Everyone was like a family with one another. Also really flexible work schedules for students.
DO NOT work at this location
When I first started at The Children's Place, the Manager was transferring locations leaving the Assistant Manager (AM) in charge. The AM (I hope she still isn't there) was one of the worst people I've ever had to deal with. I was a full-time university student with limited availability but still worked 3-4 times a week. Unfortunately, a lot of my availability was night time, and the AM would knowingly schedule myself to close with her for a ride home.. which by the way I never wanted to offer but felt obligated to do as I wanted hours. She lived about 20 mins out of the way, and she would purposely count the tills slow so she would miss her bus. In about 3 months, I probably drove her home 10 times.

Now, when you weren't dealing with customers, you were expected to keep busy. One Saturday, I was scheduled on cash, no one was there so I decided to start folding/organizing. The AM very loudly and rudely yelled at me over the headset, in front of a staff size of maybe 8-10, belittling me and calling me inappropriate names.

When I discussed this with other staff, apparently I wasn't the only one having issues. We then all brought this to the attention of the DM who had a discussion with the AM and told us that if this happens again, report it.

Soon after I left without warning or notice, anywhere would be better than that store at that location.
Productive and fun workplace
I just worked in Children's place for like almost a month but I could say that my experienced was great as I was able to make and have new friends. Although it was very busy in the workplace I still managed to have fun while working because of my workmates.
Fun and enjoyable place to work
A typical work day would be depending on shift. Service and cash out customers. Team Leaders would delegate job duties for your shift.

One of the duties would be to unpack the stock that was delivered and to place product in its appropriate location.

Some of the duties including reworking a particular display in the store to accommodate the new incoming stock or season.

The evening shifts would require you to clean and refold the entire store before closing along with cleaning floor, emptying garbage, Windex fixtures etc. Keep the backroom clean and up to Loss Prevention Requirements.

I learned how to manage my time more efficently and what makes a display attractive to customers.

Management was always willing to help you understand and give you new challenges.

The workplace environment was very friendly and everyone helped everyone.

The workplace culture was very team oriented as well as family oriented

The hardest part of the job was the closing shifts if we were busy, trying to service customers as well as the requirements for closing, But it always worked out and everyone helped everyone.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and talking to the customers and working on cash. I enjoy that the most and have been told I am very good at it by my fellow team members.
Pros
Discount on childrens clothing, worked around my husbands shifts
Cons
Not enough hours
Sales associate (seasonal)
As a seasonal sales associate, you learn a lot when going to work as from a typical day as a sales associate is making sure your particular section is in good condition making sure everything is sized, having clothing in the right areas, or having the clothing folded nicely for the customers to see. In the Vaughan Mills location, is a very big department store, the management does a great job educating employees and making sure they're doing the right job. The best part would be helping customers on what they need or even from working as a team at children's place.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Children's Place. Our community is ready to answer.
1.2K