The Children's Place Employee Reviews

Found 237 reviews matching the search See all 3,080 reviews
amazing team
Sales associate & shipping/inventory receiver (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC6 January 2019
i loved working there, staff was amazing they treat you like a family there, it was nice and chill and laid back as well, plus seeing all the cute ids everyday was the best part
Absolutely Horrendous
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON17 December 2018
I’ve worked in retail for nearly 25 years. To date The Children’s Place is hands down the worst environment I’ve ever worked in. Horrible management that couldn’t be bothered to train me properly, horrible atmosphere caused by nasty employees, and also during unpaid lunches you aren’t permitted to leave the store which is a ridiculous policy. There was also one occasion where a friend came in to buy a laundry list of items. Since she knew me she asked for my service specifically. After she picked out about 1/2 of what was on the list I was told my management I couldn’t assist her because I know her. The only words that come to my mind regarding my entire experience is “absolutely ridiculous”.
Pros
Cons
Management, coworkers, policies
Probably one of the worst jobs ive had
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB10 December 2018
When I was hired I was told I would be working 12 to 20 hours a week. That was not so. I went over 3 weeks with no hours at times. Some weeks i had one 4 hour shift.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Everything but location.
fun experience
Halifax shopping center NS - Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 December 2018
I always had a blast going into work because Its always different and the people I worked with were amazing. It was a great job while in school because it was very flexible.
Productive workplace
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL8 December 2018
Working as Cashier most of the day.
Greet customers when walking into store and leaving,
Help/ serve customers
Clean store
fold clothes
Restock clothing
help count cash at the end of the night.
Pros
Good hours, friendly staff.
Terrible
Part time Seasonal Sales Associate, Toronto (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 December 2018
It seemed fine at first but once you start to work there the manager is terrible to you.
Had one day of work and they decided they didn't want to keep me. They didnt have the audacity to call me, I had to go in and check. When they did give me a phone call the manager was a fake person.
Not the best place of work.
However it was nice to work there with the customers.
The work team was terrible. They ask too much when they did nothing but talk about their personal lives.
Stressful
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2018
Not enough money for how you're treated. Not a day went by where I wasn't yelled at or insulted by customers even if I kept my smile and polite attitude.
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
Terrible employee treatment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 November 2018
Was a great job and great team... I had much experience and responsibilities and I was the 3rd key to the store .But I leave Montreal and that was the fact I leave this work.
what i learnt
Cashier/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 November 2018
how to better interact with children and parents ... helped me realize thatg i wanted to take my skills i learnt and put them in a bussiness ... working at there made me realize im great with children
Pros
awsome ladies to work with amazing boss
Cons
have nothing bad to say
fun staff
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 October 2018
handled cash, debit and credit transactions, restocked clothing and accessories, organize storefront, greet customers, friendly staff, great hours, clean store
Would not recommend
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON26 October 2018
I would not recommend working at Children's place. I was always stressed and left with bad anxiety. The lack of proper managerial skills was ridiculous. The customers were often quite unfriendly, rude and should be ashamed of their behavior in public.

I would not even go there as as customer, let alone ever work there again.
Cons
It started off good...but then...
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario26 October 2018
I worked at children’s place for about 6 months. Prior to this I was told that i wouldn’t like it and that I should look elsewhere. I am the type of person that I need to experience stuff on my own before following others advice: they start off by giving you a lot of hours, acting like they like you, but behind your back they would talk the most bs about you. I even caught them!! When new people come in, they take all the hours, when I thought it was based on seniority. Sometimes I went months without working because they “didn’t have enough hours” yet there was new people who got 40 hours every week!! EXCLUDING management. I truly believe there shouldn’t be favouritism in the workplace unless you actually own that company but if you’re working under someone who are you to have favorites?! Extremely annoying. Especially the management. I hope this place gets shut down for good.
Pros
30% employee discount, some good co workers
Cons
Short to no hours, favouritism and management
Customer service
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 October 2018
Busy days steady nothing a quite moment get teaching skills really nice management awesome employees hardest is back to school season and holiday but really awesome customers.
very fast pace work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 September 2018
its a very fast pace work environment with fun. Management is good and if your a hard worker you are a keeper. The hardest part is when expectations are more with the lesser payroll. Overall, its a fun working environment.
Cons
long standing hours
cashier
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 September 2018
typical day at work is with another manger sometimes two. usually cleaning the store and when its busy helping customers around the store. end of shift i make sure everything is clean and the way it should be placed.
Pros
getting discounts
Cons
working 4.50 hour shift with out a 15min break
Fun and rewarding workplace with kind and caring coworkers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON19 September 2018
A great place to work for anyone who likes to chat with customers and see cute kids! Great employees who are kind and made the workplace amazing. Would recommend.
Pros
Amazing coworkers
Cons
Loud children and mean parents sometimes.
It's retail
Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 September 2018
It's retail, what more can be said. Store management was great, upper management wasn't. Super frustrating to be given goals with no support to reach them.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
the public
Amazing group of gals
Sales Associate/ Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS4 September 2018
It's your typical retail experience just selling kids clothes versus adults.

As challenging as retail work can be; the staff at TCP were absolutely amazing. You really start to bond with one another and they are always there to help when you need it.

Management were always supportive in making sure you can put your studies first then work. They made your schedule flexible to what you needed.

The hardest part of the job was having to leave. I loved my TCP family, i just wish everyone can have the same experience I had.
Pros
Colleges are amazing!
Good workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON28 August 2018
A typical day at work includes folding clothes, organizing everything, and cashing out customers. The hardest part of the job is having to problem solve with unhappy customers.
Pros
Gains retail experience
Good Work Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC23 August 2018
I really enjoyed working at Children's Place. I got close to my co-workers and they made work even more enjoyable. It is a good work environment. Sometimes there are a lot of work to do and we were only two people to do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Children's Place. Our community is ready to answer.