The Children's Place Employee Reviews

Found 245 reviews matching the search See all 3,143 reviews
Love the environment and the people!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON9 March 2019
Fast paced environment and met new employees and customers daily. Easy to time manage work and school, very flexible. Short shifts but closings are a pain. Very strategic with overall representation of the store.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Nice People
Cons
Closings
Porductivity at The Children's Place
INVENTORY STAFF (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 March 2019
I really enjoyed my work experience at TCP. It was my first time working a 12 hour shift doing inventory in a children's clothing store. I was able to grasp the training process quickly. I learnt how to use the scanner to accurately scan and sort inventory as needed.

If I had the chance to work with this company in the future doing Office Administration work I would.

The organization within the company was outstanding. From the sorting of clothing to the duties of employers.

Great company, staff and co-workers.

I can now take what I have learnt to another company.
Pros
structure
Good for sales/retail experience, subpar management
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 March 2019
This location gets messy, so your folding techniques will improve. If you’re new or not “in” w/ manager/scheduler, you will get 0-1shift/ week and they’ll most likely be closing shifts. If you’re a parent, great place to work bc of hours & discount. Decent hours during Black Friday/Winter holidays. 2 out of 6 of the managers/lead currently are cool. They try to be fair when distributing tasks as long as you work hard & are capable. Also compared to a different location, they do not properly train you. Management won’t give you hours if they want you to quit.
Pros
30% discount. The occasional 40% discount
Amazing work environment
Part-time Lead (Current Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC2 March 2019
Management is amazing. All the coworkers have great chemistry together. Not much to say except that even though we work hard, we still have time to have fun and give customers a great and easy time finding the articles they need.
Pros
Fun environment
Not very good
Seasonal sales associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 February 2019
Never gave hours, management was not good. Training was at a minimum. Very poor work environment, would not recommend. Do not bother, it is a waste of your time.
Great place to apply for students
Associée en Chef (Current Employee) –  Anjou, QC20 February 2019
If you're studying and need a part time job (about 20 hours per week) this a great place to apply. Most malls being open nights and weekends are looking to hire students.
Pros
helping dress kids is always fun. Makes one laugh to see them smile.
Cons
Unhappy parents and crying babies.
The best job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 February 2019
The children place especially the one in place vertu they are the most caring, generous and loving people you can ever work for in your life. They are a team of support and everyone gets along it is a very positive work environment.
Pros
amazing staff
Cons
only 30 min lunch break
It used to be a great company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 February 2019
This company is an extremely fast paced environment. Worked here over 5 years and loved the first 4...then it became ridiculous with the lack of hours and extremely high work load. They pay Management well but give so much stress that it isn't worth it. I gained valuable experience there and worked with amazing people. Head office expected too much with the few hours they gave. When you have to move everything in the store around at least once a week and pricing changes 1-4 times a week, something is wrong.
Pros
Salary and benefits, vacation time
Cons
You never get a day off in Management
Productive, partially good management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2019
For the most part, the Children's Place was a good job for myself part-time, as I was also a student, and management was very accommodating to that. They understood that school came first and worked around my school schedule. Upper management was very good, the only issues were with assistant managers or key holder, but it was never a big enough issue where it prevented me or discouraged me from going to work. It was an organized environment, and I learned a lot from being in that space- how to talk to different types of customers, how to lead new employees, how to be responsible, and more. The hardest part of the job was maintaining the store while helping the customers with little staff on shift, but I was able to manage for the time being. The best part of the job was meeting and gaining so many new friends from all walks of life.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Low staff
amazing team
Sales associate & shipping/inventory receiver (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC6 January 2019
i loved working there, staff was amazing they treat you like a family there, it was nice and chill and laid back as well, plus seeing all the cute ids everyday was the best part
Absolutely Horrendous
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON17 December 2018
I’ve worked in retail for nearly 25 years. To date The Children’s Place is hands down the worst environment I’ve ever worked in. Horrible management that couldn’t be bothered to train me properly, horrible atmosphere caused by nasty employees, and also during unpaid lunches you aren’t permitted to leave the store which is a ridiculous policy. There was also one occasion where a friend came in to buy a laundry list of items. Since she knew me she asked for my service specifically. After she picked out about 1/2 of what was on the list I was told my management I couldn’t assist her because I know her. The only words that come to my mind regarding my entire experience is “absolutely ridiculous”.
Pros
Cons
Management, coworkers, policies
Probably one of the worst jobs ive had
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB10 December 2018
When I was hired I was told I would be working 12 to 20 hours a week. That was not so. I went over 3 weeks with no hours at times. Some weeks i had one 4 hour shift.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Everything but location.
fun experience
Halifax shopping center NS - Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 December 2018
I always had a blast going into work because Its always different and the people I worked with were amazing. It was a great job while in school because it was very flexible.
Productive workplace
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL8 December 2018
Working as Cashier most of the day.
Greet customers when walking into store and leaving,
Help/ serve customers
Clean store
fold clothes
Restock clothing
help count cash at the end of the night.
Pros
Good hours, friendly staff.
Terrible
Part time Seasonal Sales Associate, Toronto (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 December 2018
It seemed fine at first but once you start to work there the manager is terrible to you.
Had one day of work and they decided they didn't want to keep me. They didnt have the audacity to call me, I had to go in and check. When they did give me a phone call the manager was a fake person.
Not the best place of work.
However it was nice to work there with the customers.
The work team was terrible. They ask too much when they did nothing but talk about their personal lives.
Stressful
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2018
Not enough money for how you're treated. Not a day went by where I wasn't yelled at or insulted by customers even if I kept my smile and polite attitude.
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
Terrible employee treatment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 November 2018
Was a great job and great team... I had much experience and responsibilities and I was the 3rd key to the store .But I leave Montreal and that was the fact I leave this work.
what i learnt
Cashier/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 November 2018
how to better interact with children and parents ... helped me realize thatg i wanted to take my skills i learnt and put them in a bussiness ... working at there made me realize im great with children
Pros
awsome ladies to work with amazing boss
Cons
have nothing bad to say
fun staff
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 October 2018
handled cash, debit and credit transactions, restocked clothing and accessories, organize storefront, greet customers, friendly staff, great hours, clean store
Would not recommend
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON26 October 2018
I would not recommend working at Children's place. I was always stressed and left with bad anxiety. The lack of proper managerial skills was ridiculous. The customers were often quite unfriendly, rude and should be ashamed of their behavior in public.

I would not even go there as as customer, let alone ever work there again.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Children's Place. Our community is ready to answer.