The Children's Place Employee Reviews

Efficient and Enjoyable place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 July 2018
The work schedule is flexible, the responsibilities as a Sales Associate are not overbearing and very reasonable, and there are many opportunities to achieve higher positions. The management is very considerate, and easy to communicate with.
good place
Sales/Cash Associate (Former Employee) –  Maple, ON23 June 2018
good place to work at nice team and meet new people big team so you can always make new friends and everyone is very friendly there great place overall
This is like my second home!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 June 2018
You'll be expected to be always available during your shift in bouncing between cashier, customer greetings, cleaning out the changing rooms, and help re-folding/re-organizing merchandise that's been moved or misplaced by customers. The environment around high season time's (for example back-to-school) is pretty demanding and if there is any problem there is no shame in asking for assistance from other employees when things get complicated.

I'd say the most hardest thing about the job is making sure the customers feel like their voice is being heard. If the customers have a complaint or not really in a good mood it is our responsibility to be able to adjust to their needs and make them feel that they've been respected.

If any event that changes in your private life that might affect the scheduling of your work, the managers are able to adjust to your needs effciently without complications!
Pros
Able to crack jokes at each other without disturbing our work cycle
Cons
None!
productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON30 May 2018
● Take orders and inform customers of new deals and upsizing options
● Transfer supplies and equipment between storage area and work areas
● Trace and maintain inventory
Pros
productive
Cons
short hours
Productive Friendly Workplace
Co-op Student (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON29 May 2018
The employees are really nice caring people and treat you like family. The only downside is the terrible music that they play in the store. Long hours of making sure the store is looking its best by folding the graphic t-shirts in toddler and big boy.
Pros
Friendly Co-workers
Cons
Terrible music playlist
Salaire et avantages sociaux
Assistante-gérante (Former Employee) –  Joliette, QC9 May 2018
C'est une des seule entreprise de vente que j'ai vu avec des assurances pour les gérants et assistants gérants. Ce sont de bonnes assurances, les dents payés à 80% les médicaments à 80% aussi.
Pros
Vendre du linge pas cher pour les enfants
Cons
Ne savons jamais combien de temps les entreprises américaines restent au pays
fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 May 2018
The work place was a fun place to work at. the people working there were friendly. The management was good. everything was managed really good, i would refer a friend to apply there.
Productive Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 May 2018
Working at Children's Place was enjoyable yet productive. A typical day would involve cleaning, stock and customer service. The management are very kind. And it was quick for me to go from being a floor associate to cashier/sales associate. The hardest part of this job is ensuring everything is clean at the end of the day due to children running around.
managers are compensated well but do not get recognition for their hard work.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 May 2018
In retail a store must be competitive and consistently update to profit. The children’s place has the newest tech, marketing and fresh styles. Working for this company has given me tremendous amount of merchandising, management and business experience. It’s ever changing structure makes for a stressful job with an impossible workload. Although it is a very successful company, they do not recognize and appreciate their staff for their labour’s.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Large workload
Fun, free workplace with outgoing friendly staff
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 May 2018
I only worked there for a short period of time due to lack of hours so I didn't have too many shifts there. One of the things I learnt while working for them is the customer is always right. A typical day working at The Children's Place is greeting customers, assisting them if they need help, cashing customers out, folding clothes as well with cleaning store and keeping it well maintained. Also there is back room stock your duties back there would be to unload truck when it comes and to put all merchandise away in its proper spots. As well with once annually there is a whole warehouse inventory that takes place and everyone must participate. The management while I was there was awsome, such great ladies and super nice. Hardest part of my job while being there was seeing someone steal from the racks but us as employee's even my manager could not say or do anything about it but let them leave the store and call authorities. Overall, it was a great place to work for especially for my first job. I loved working with all the great staff and helping customers, and I would defiantly enthuse others to work there.
Pros
30% off items
Good job
Mississauga - Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 April 2018
This is a good job, I still currently work there and am enjoying it. Typically get 5 hours per shift and it is minimum wage. But i enjoy being in retail and the people that come into the store are typically lovely
Pros
Good environment
Cons
only get 30 min breaks if you work more than 5 hours
good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2018
good job worked there for 4 years very good staff and working environment. management caring and flexible with scheduled. typical day would be cleaning clothing displays setting up displays and servicing customers
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON21 April 2018
This job was just a part time job that i was doing while i was in school and the salary was basic at the time. Wasn't the best job to do if you have issues standing as well as if you dont manage stress very well.
Cashier and Team Lead
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON15 April 2018
Cashing out customers and making sure they were satisfied. Managing the cashier breaks and training new and old staff for changes to the program. No growth with in the company.
Super fun work environment
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC27 March 2018
I really enjoyed working here... it was so fun and the staff were great! And super colourful, laid back. Friendly environment...great atmosphere! And fun to work in
Great environment and friendly staff
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON9 March 2018
The children's place was a great part-time job to have. Management was friendly and helped with transition from the sales floor to cash wrap. Flexible with hours during school
Burgers
Senior French Escalations Agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg Beach, MB2 March 2018
Good starter job. High energy job, always something to do. Lots of different aspects of the job to learn, whether it be working cash or the grill. Good place to learn how to deal with difficult customers.
Not a pleasant place to work
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2018
The company sets unrealistic expectations and does not value individual contribution nor respect work/life balance. Most of my time was spent trying to keep my team motivated so they would perform.
small company to get great experience
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2018
great place to get experience in management and visual since it was a small company it was easy to move up. most of the management was easy to get along with until they all started to turn on each other. which made it not such a great place to work
Pros
great place to learn
Cons
the store closed down
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sault-Sainte-Marie, ON28 February 2018
I enjoyed working here, I did a co-op placement in high school. Was on my feet for long periods of time, was always given breaks. I enjoyed organizing clothes and putting out new stock.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Children's Place. Our community is ready to answer.