The Cheesecake Factory
Coronavirus update
Information from The Cheesecake Factory:

The Cheesecake Factory Employee Reviews

Canada21 reviews
Management picks favourites. Too busy with drama amongst staff to do anything else. If management doesn't like you, expect to get the worst shifts. Benefits kick in after a year of full-time employment. VERY busy and fast paced majority of the time which guarantees good tips. Food is great though so not many complaints from guests. Kitchen staff is very on top of their game so it makes serving a lot easier.
Pros
Good food, good coworkers, consistent cash
Cons
Terrible management, lots of customers
A typical day at work is always very busy, when you need extra help, coworkers will help you out, if it's super busy, managers will step-in to help out
Would recommend. Great benefits and lovely team. Great training offered and high level of professionalism through staff and managers. Great communication.
bad management, favoritism is a huge issue in the company. no opportunity to grow within the company. they either give you 2 shifts a week or 6 shift nothing consistent. very disapointed.
busy and fast pace work, one of the best thing about the job is the people, they make it easier for you to work there. benefits are great and is a great place for customer service.
I have had a great time working at the cheesecake factory. The team is nice and the managers try really hard to make our lives easier. The food is really good and we get a discount on the food. Hours are nice
Days and nights depend on season
Learned alot about the restaurant industry

Management is great and very friendly

workplace culture is very positive

the hardest part of the job is that the volume can be great

the most enjoyable party would be all the great staff
The Cheesecake factory is one of my favourite workplace within the hospitality industry.

I loved the working experience. Fast pace, fun, great team work, very nice management.
The staff was great and made the entire workplace feel like a very welcoming and enjoyable environment. Our management team was also very caring and really did consider the staff as family.
I got all the hours I needed but the downside is working beyond your scheduled hours. The management is great. They always make sure you are good. If you do not like the position you took, you are given the option to try other positions, if permitted. Cheesecake rocks!
Pros
Cons
Too long hours
Honestly? When I first got accepted to be a part of the team I was ecstatic. But after being treated like trash by the guests, managers and some employees? No thank you. You'd think that once you're sick and puking everywhere that a restaurant would want you to go home but not @ cheesecake! A typical day at cheesecake involves guest complaints, managers yelling and select favouritism. Cheesecake rocks am I right???? The money is definitely decent but honestly after dealing with all of that your mental health begins to suffer. I definitely feel as though I need therapy after working there.
Pros
At least you're getting paid to be treated like garbage
Cons
managers are rude, hours are whack, people aren't the nicest
Loved working here due to their strong belief in corporate culture and rigorous training. However despite the push for productivity, the boundaries set by corporate have only flustered employees even more, as the work load is too much for management to handle, and the incoming complaints and suggestions by employees are stumped at a brick wall. The benefits for full timers is great, as well as the restaurant discounts.
Pros
great work team, restaurant discounts, benefits
Cons
long hours, too corporate, no empowerment
Every Position is listed for the Toronto store, every one, That means house was cleaned all.employees either quit or got.fired No Ty....................
Pros
Cons
fired whole store
Staff is nice, some people can be a bit intense and it may affect service, specially because it's always very busy.
Salar, benefits are very good and staff perks are very good.

Work/life balance is complicated, but I guess this balance is complicated for most of food industry jobs.

If you think positive, have lots of energy, are seeking for a career in the industry and want good benefits, you should apply.
If I could I would give this place no stars, they don’t even deserve one. They more care about business than the well being of their employees. Yeah there’s some good perks, like benefits, pay, food and stuff but however the disrespect from the mediocre managers is very disappointing. (Yorkdale location)
Pros
Don’t care to say to be honest.
Cons
Management.
At the cheesecake factory, they put their guests as TOP priority. All focus is on them which means their staff is trained to have high-quality customer service skills, patience, and quick reaction skills.
It’s a fun good environment to work in. Do you like to do a lot of events in corporate challenges with their employees. Take them out for a good time and make sure that they’re having fun while working as well.
I enjoyed working at the cheese cake factory, it was a great experience and I was able to learn a lot, I would recommend this company to anyone looking to work as a cook.
It was a rush evening on 31/12/2015 the weather was blossoming it was a long but a fabulous day families kids and couples all together celebrating suddenly a young emirate guy who was also dinning in our restaurant on a large party of 11 fell down managers supervisors servers host and every staff together offered to help in one way or the other we hosts hard to make sure that all our guest remain calm until the ambulance arrived while at the same time we hard to control the front desk because we had a waiting list of about 340 guest waiting we had first had to remain calm because every eye around was counting on us to make the feel at home welcomed and calm i admire the teamwork i saw and i learned that unity is strength it was not long ago before the ambulance arrived they examine the guy and found that he had been skipping his medicine for a disease he was suffering from they took him with them and the situation went back to normal... the hardest part of our job is to get all the guest in town which we are pretty good at and the most enjoyable part of my job is getting the opportunity to speak to different types of people getting to know different cultures
Pros
free lunch service charge and bonus
Since the minute I started at The Chessecake Factory, I felt like I was at home. My manager value me and my work. My co-workers are like family. The hardest part of my job be when we are understaffed, sometimes we will be scheduled two 15 hour shift back to back. Other than that, working there is great.
Had a chance to work with great people and gain experience working with the public.
Pros
Free lunches, experience, flexible hours