The Captain's Boil Employee Reviews

Server
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2019
The job is not too difficult and a typical shift consists of receiving orders from customers and bringing out food. One thing that could be better is the amount of tips being given to the servers.
Pros
free lunches
Captains boil
Cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 January 2019
can enhance skills but lack of management as a part of the team didnt really motivate maybe because they are new. having no training for advancement but good food and for family gatherings
It was a fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 October 2018
I enjoyed the people I worked with. Although, the manager that was working when I worked there was stealing a portion of our tips. There was a whole case over it, and she committed fraud.
Taught great skills set for future jobs
Chef (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2018
I was able to be even more quick and smarter on floor.
I also managed to deal with language barrier, and was very calm and great worker even in a chaotic enviroment.
Productive and fun workplace due to coworkers
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  North York, ON5 June 2018
The atmosphere was good due my coworkers and customers. We created a bond as the times went by, it didn't feel like a job but more like a hobby you do with friends. You learn a lot about how to serve customers of a busy and diverse restaurant, by making sure their needs and questions are answered, and things like greeting and seating them. The management on the other hand was poor as when problems started to occur it wasn't handled in a professional manner. The hardest part of the job as a server/hostess I would say which other servers may agree on is communication with the customers as miscommunications can occur anywhere.
Pros
Staff meals
Cons
Poor management
Overall good
SERVER (Current Employee) –  North York, ON12 April 2018
the head office is not the best but great team to work with. Got great tips and made lots of good friends. Leadership there is not so good and needs to be improved
High quality food but very unpopular
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON15 March 2018
Cool place to work but it isn't too popular making it not busy and you often smell like fish. the management team is somewhat accommodating but has difficulty understanding English.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
boring
Fun and energetic colleagues
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2018
I still work here now and I love it but unfortunately they are not able to offer me more than one shift a week because business is slow. So, now I'm searching for a new job or a second job.
Pros
free dinner
Cons
not very busy
Great compensation with unbalanced life
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  North York, ON21 August 2017
Great place to work.
Upper management were somewhat supportive.
Hard to balanced family life with food industry job as you always worked weekend and holidays.
Pros
great compensation
Cons
work weekend and holiday
Not an enjoyable place to work
Busser/Server (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON7 July 2017
I worked at the Captain's Boil for 2 months
My reason for leaving was because of work place harassment, and improper training methods. None the less one other server that I currently work with at my new placement, had experienced harassment as well.
Pros
free food
Cons
work alone, and the management team unqualified
standing up playing music for 4-5 hours
Dj (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON4 March 2017
I go to work half an hour to an hour early depending on traffic and i set up all the equipment and get the speakers ready to play and do some sound check before i start at 7pm. when i start playing music i have to be able to play music accommodate everybody that is in the restaurant like no swear words, inappropriate sounds and volume level. i only work there once a week every thursday from 7pm-11pm and sometimes i start early as 6pm-11pm. But right now looking for something a little more consistent that will work with my current job for now. i live in north york but i travel to vaughan and all around the city for different gigs and events.
Pros
free food and drinks
Cons
not enough hours
Lovely staff, and environment.
Busser (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON31 January 2017
I love this place. The employees are friendly, the workload is enough, and the hours are lovely. The managers allow us enough time to close without being rushed, and they even help close (unlike my prior places of employment).
Pros
Free food, lovely management
Cons
You smell like seafood constantly