The Canine Social Company

Pet Groomer1 review
Toronto, ON1 review

Found 1 review matching the searchSee all 3 reviews

Great place to work!

I’ve worked here as a groomer now for just over 3 years. A large majority of employees have worked here 3 or more years, with some being here since the store’s opening. That should say something about the work environment. Staff are paid fairly and legally. The owner and management team are very aware of the damage burnout can have in this industry and try to work with their employees to make a schedule that works for everyone. They are also extremely accommodating to life and the many changes and difficulties that can come from it. I recently returned from maternity leave and all through my pregnancy and even into my leave I could not have hoped for a more supportive team. I have never felt pressured to do more than I can handle and always feel comfortable bringing concerns to my manager or the owner. I’ve worked in a few grooming shops both private and corporate, The Canine Social Company is by far the best employer I’ve ever had, and I plan to stay with them for as long as they’ll have me.

Insights into The Canine Social Company

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement