The Canine Social Company

3.0Pay & Benefits
5.0Job Security & Advancement
Great place to work!
Dog Groomer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2019
I’ve worked here as a groomer now for just over 3 years. A large majority of employees have worked here 3 or more years, with some being here since the store’s opening. That should say something about the work environment.

Staff are paid fairly and legally. The owner and management team are very aware of the damage burnout can have in this industry and try to work with their employees to make a schedule that works for everyone. They are also extremely accommodating to life and the many changes and difficulties that can come from it. I recently returned from maternity leave and all through my pregnancy and even into my leave I could not have hoped for a more supportive team. I have never felt pressured to do more than I can handle and always feel comfortable bringing concerns to my manager or the owner.

I’ve worked in a few grooming shops both private and corporate, The Canine Social Company is by far the best employer I’ve ever had, and I plan to stay with them for as long as they’ll have me.
Over wrk under paid messy conditions
Groomer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 July 2019
I found this place underpaid the groomers rude and snotty I would not recommend working here these women are unprofessional and they under pay their employees
Fun workplace.
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2015
A typical day would be wiping down the walls of the daycare, to keep it sanitary for the dogs, constantly picking up after the dogs and mopping after them as well. Minimal grooming is included as well, such as: brushing and spray conditioner. (This is just to make them smell good before they go home, and to keep their fur in tact.)

I learned how to be more responsible with dogs - how to tame them and what not.

My co-workers were really supportive and helpful being that this was a co-op placement and I had never worked in a dog daycare before, even though I had worked with dogs for many years before.

I'd say the hardest part of the job was wiping down the walls, because there were boards that you specifically had to wipe, and there was a lot; but the job did get done.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the dogs themselves.
Pros
Play time with the dogs.
Cons
Long co-op hours.