The Cahill Group Employee Reviews

Good work place
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Muskrat Falls2 March 2019
I worked at my trade in Muskrat falls and was on a turnaround. I did not really enjoy the turnaround life or the trade life in general. The company itself paid well and I had a good group of co-workers.
Great place to work, difficult to advance
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL24 February 2019
Great place to work, seem to have company loyalty to a higher degree than most.
Management are friendly and a great place to learn.
Takes quite a long time to advance in organization.
Pros
Loyalty
Cons
Advancement
All the same people get the jobs
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Muskrat Falls, Labrador9 February 2019
No matter how hard you work, you will not get ahead. Only the same guys get all the work, no matter how lazy they may be. To keep your job, you must be the kind of guy who can stand still and talk about trucks or ski-doos all day. There will be no repercussions for this. With this crowd, hard work will only get you more hard work. Hard work is not rewarded.
Pros
Camp jobs
Cons
Buddies get the work.
Excellent Place to Work
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB7 February 2019
This is an amazing place to work as well as the people. Warm and friendly, very team orientated. I feel very fortunate to have worked here and would love to be a permanent employee here.
Cons
Worried her to cover a Maternity Leave, would love to stay permanent
great work environment.
Journeyman Power Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Churchill Falls, NL18 December 2018
this company was great and they had a good safe work environment. Cahill treated me very fair along with great training. I would recommend them to anyone !
productive and fun
mechanical 1/ironworker (Former Employee) –  Goose Bay, NL4 September 2018
great team to work with.safety team were friendly and helpful.management was always there to help and guide the workers.i would recommend anybody to work with THE CAHILL GROUP..
Fast paced busy work
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador11 August 2018
Work was busy.
I learned more in depth about electrical systems and safety.
Management was fairly good.
Co-workers were fun on the job and also easygoing.
Hardest part of my job was not having materials on site.
Enjoyable was the coworkers.
Good experience
journeyperson red seal welder (Former Employee) –  Canada2 May 2018
fun place to work, good money, with a decent life/work balance. Tools and equipment were hit or miss at times. Sometimes job planning was questionable
Workplace Culture
SCL Work-Term (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL21 February 2018
Management, especially CEO and executives, thrive to make the employee number one ensuring that there is an exceptional work and life balance.

They provide the necessary tools to permit employees to minimize stress (gym with instructors) and team building activities.
Cahill
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Atlantic Canada6 February 2018
Found this group good to work for, much like any construction company depends on the project. Can be demanding but they also kept me employed during slow times in construction.
Great Company
4th Year Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL6 December 2017
Always a pleasure going to work with this company, Never had a problem with employer. Always great to work with and very understanding. Safety is #1 with GJ Cahill
Good place to work.
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 November 2017
Room for advancement. Company is large and provides many aspects of construction specialties. Capable of delivering large scale oil and gas projects to small scale commercial projects.
awesome place to work
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Labrador City, NL16 August 2017
Cahill is there for there workers,I loved working for this company,Very will ran company,Made sure you learned as you were working ,Awesome place to get lots of experience
Site Administrator
Administrative / Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB18 June 2017
During this project it was my responsibility to ensure that all project materials were purchased and tracked. Administrative duties consisted of Payroll, Purchasing, invoicing, vouchers etc.
Excellent salary and professional coworkers
Material and Site Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Long Harbour, NL21 May 2017
Excellent salary and professional coworkers, a privilege to have worked along side of material people there. Worked on several jobs with Cahill and would certainly work for them again.
Pros
Good people and decent money
Cons
Working away from home
great company
Instrumentation Foreman (Former Employee) –  Long Harbour, NL16 April 2017
Cahill is an excellent company to work for.. only worked for a short period of time but they were well managed and organized.. Always ahead of schedule and great safety
Good company to work for
Engineering Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL9 February 2017
Learned about the basics and management of piping. Office staff and floor staff was friendly and easy to work with. Made learning enjoyable. Would recommend if interested in construction/fabrication.
Pros
Excellent Environment
Some good people
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB1 February 2017
A lot of people promoted to positions that they should not be in, and the knowledgeable people are ignored at times with ideas that will save money.
well organized(expect a lot from employees)
Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL14 January 2017
Great experience and learned a lot.Management were on top of everything which made job go smoothly.Safety was very important.
Productive and Fun Workplace
4th Year Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 May 2016
While I worked for GJ Cahill Ltd., I applied my experience in numerous electrical duties, such as, fabricating cable tray supports, installing cable tray systems, grounding cable tray systems, pulling various sizes of power/instrument cables, testing cables and terminating cables to the required devices. On top of that, I kept daily records of job tasks and reporting to the supervision on daily job tasks. Out of all of this, I learned that I can depend on working with great people, great management and great work tasks. The hardest part of the job, honestly, is having to be away from family, but the most enjoyable part of the job is what I can bring home to my family, which is a better quality of life.
Pros
Great Work Experience
Cons
Nothing To Report

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cahill Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4