The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited

The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited Employee Reviews

Canada81 reviews
Productive and fun place to work
Working at Cadillac was a very nice experience, good team members.
They are always willing to help. There is a balance between job and family and coworkers are very talented.
Productive and Healthy Work Environment
I learned a lot as an intern at Cadillac. It was a my first experience in a professional environment and their team was very open and supportive of me.
Abusive and unsupported
I was a Manager for 8 years, they hired a convicted criminal and he harassed me, I reported it to my General Manager, he did nothing and one day he fired me. No cause , no negative reports in my employée file,
Just fired me.

I wrote my superiors and no response from them.

Dont work here, go to another property management company.
Fun workplace
I enjoyed working with the people. very friendly and comfortable to be around with.They were very helpful in every aspect. willing to help you to be better/.
guest service experience
cadallic fairview lacks diversity in there guest service department compared to there competitors like oxford properties they do not hire many minority people, even with face experience. Co workers are friendly and job tasks are easy, however, the lack of diversity and inclusion in such a big company drives people away.
The best job I ever had!
Nothing beats having managers that trust your abilities and give you the freedom to take decision. I'm able take the initiative knowing my mangers have my back.
One of the Best companies to work For
CF is one of the best company everyone would wish to work for . Has best benefits in the country . Casual Culture with great atmosphere to work . Very Flexible.
Awesome organization
Fantastic place to work.. I worked at the HQ as a Network Engineer.. the place was awesome.. first class treatment of their employees... Highly recommend them
Trash
A REAL REVIEW :
Want a company that fired 125% more than they hire?

A company more interested in how they may look on social media, then following our charter of rights & freedoms ...

A company that requires you to render medical assistance for overdoses on property, without you being allowed to carry Naloxone (downtown Ottawa)

A company with an HR Manager that has little proper knowledge of the law & the Human Rights council .

A company that’ll promote a sloppy, lying, insecure, brown nosing guard (we all know one) to supervisor with terrible interpersonal skills , who makes patrons (and tenants of stores) feel uncomfortable, with terrible rapport with most individuals they interact with on a daily ...

Subordinates who dread his presence..

(Besides them, the other supervisor are incredible)

A manager who seemingly does all they can, but according to the majority of the guards, should’ve been fired ten times over.

A company who’ll pair you with negligent, overly agressive, unprofessional & unclean guards with chronically stained uniforms who will have no issue risking your immediate safety...

5+ year old vests used by at lease 4 people, that will cause a rash leaving you with scars .

As for Ottawa’s Rideau Centre, run by Cadillac Fairview overall; it is an In House that run like a contract company ...

RECOMMENDED: Apply at The Shaw Centre or The Hotel; they’re both co-joint yo the mall.
The group environment was good. People were welcoming and nice
I did not feel like I had enough training or resources if I had questions. Xmas time was very stressful, did a lot of hours and was burnt out at the end of it.

Since I was the only one responsible at the time I often would have to reschedule vacation times in order to accommodate changes in the team.
Would recommend
CF has an amazing atmosphere that is always welcoming. Management is attuned to the needs of their employees and is always willing to help get the job done.
Stressful Environment with Unreasonable Colleagues
there is absolutely no work life balance. Most deadlines require collaborative group work however most of the Revenue team do not cooperate. The team gossips about each other and dont think twice to throw blame.
Great fun place
Cadillac Fairview is heaven..Wish I had never left... Beautiful head office, great perks .. they treat their staff fantastic... Nice people and again great work culture
Fun Place to work
Its a good place to work and learn so much in the field of building operator. They also suppport your education for more advancement and they pay for your training.
Productive and fun place to work.
Great corporate culture, team oriented and respectful work environment. Dress for your day, good benefits and pension package. Currently re-branding and refreshing corporate values and focusing on innovation, open to new ideas.
Wasn't a good work environment, the work load versus the hours in the work day do not add up, and the expectations are unreal. There are two may grey areas.
Good luck to you if you work there
I don't know where to start honestly. I work Shopping center and it's the most disorganize department I’ve ever seen doing stuff that is not security-related. Managers want u to follow all the Cadillac policies while expecting you to do your job Which is not possible if you do you will be called in a meeting and getting yelled at for doing your job. Almost every week We were Dealing with bums, assault, overdoses, on top of they are hiring security guards with no life experiences in the field.
Pros
Good schedule
Cons
Underpaid, understaffed, management doesn't care and promises things that they don't do
They are very supportive
This workplace does a lot for worker happiness. They make sure that we are always doing well and have everything we need. Everyone seems to get along, and the managers are really good at listening to issues that arise
Great salary and benefits, but static roles with no future
The good - high salary, excellent bonus, company shutdown over the holidays, RRSP matching (you pay 6% and they will pay 9%!!), private cubicles, extremely quiet office, perks aplenty including free food 2 or three times a week (salmon filets and wild rice, not leftover pizza lol)

The bad - so many long time staff who have not been trained in doing anything else for decades that have become institutionalized into not wanting to rock the boat with new ideas. IT department prefers to buy a solution rather than build one. When it does build one, it must be developed quickly and matching the 15 year old technology of other in-house apps. Mgmt is sold new systems by salesmen and then tells staff to make it fit with their other systems.
Pros
free lunches from very fine restaurants, 17% bonus, 9% RRSP match
Cons
no company direction, mgmt prefers status quo, many lifers here doing the same job because $ is so lucrative
The work is different
Electrician is make the PM work end the call service
Take decision for situation for the different problem

Surveillance for HVAC systeme

Repair the troubleshooting

Transfer the information in the look book
Pros
time pause 1H is on
Company has no vision and what management
Worked for this company twice, first experience was great. Managers actually managed you could go to your supervisors for technical advise and would get help also managers would do there best to help there tenants. My second was so bad that it made me never want to work in the operations department of any mall ever again. And when you try to reinvent the wheel for them you'll find out there good with there wheel being broken. IF you ever go to work at FAIRVIEW MALL my suggestion is RUN it might ruin you from wanting to ever work in the operation industry ever again.
Pros
Don't work for the company anymore
Cons
Horrible Management
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited. Our community is ready to answer.