The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited

The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited Employee Reviews

Company has no vision and what management
Building Operator (Former Employee) –  Fairview, ON1 February 2019
Worked for this company twice, first experience was great. Managers actually managed you could go to your supervisors for technical advise and would get help also managers would do there best to help there tenants. My second was so bad that it made me never want to work in the operations department of any mall ever again. And when you try to reinvent the wheel for them you'll find out there good with there wheel being broken. IF you ever go to work at FAIRVIEW MALL my suggestion is RUN it might ruin you from wanting to ever work in the operation industry ever again.
Pros
Don't work for the company anymore
Cons
Horrible Management
Great company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2018
Great exposure to different things and get a platform to learn new technologies and tools. you will never get bored of anything. They are lacking flexibility otherwise great company overall.
Pros
lunches
Cons
no flexibility
Most coworkers are great, but management is poor
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 December 2018
Most of my coworkers were absolutely great to work with. Management was completely hit or miss. Was usually given one answer, but when brought up work safety legislation or industry standards, answers changed. Probably trying to take advantage of people who don't educate themselves about work safety issues. Training said one thing, management said another.
Pros
Cute benefits like free food, work parties, rewards programs, the great majority of my coworkers were fantastic and supportive people
Cons
No real benefits like health or dental, we were usually over or understaffed, company maintained taking data on amount of customer interactions was a waste of time, unsupportive management
Amazing company to work for
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 October 2018
Great opportunities to grow and learn. Talented professionals. Very good work life balance. Passionate people at all levels of the company. Highly recommend CF!
Good company to build experience
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 September 2018
Friendly people to work with and a good area to build experience. Sometimes it's easy to climb the latter and other times not so much. At the end of the day it's a fairly good company.
Really good company to work for
Maintenance/Operator (Current Employee) –  Fairview, AB7 August 2018
This is a really good company to work for, the benefits are great and pay is not bad either.
One of the only cons is it is becoming a really corporate type of workplace as opposed to a smaller company feel it used to have.
benefits
Cons
location
Good Benefit and salary but people still leaving
Part-time employee (Former Employee) –  Ontario4 July 2018
19% turn over rate. Almost Everyone that work at my department hate their job. The schedule is bad and the the training is the worst part for me: They don't offer written instruction and so there's no way to check that are you doing your job properly.
Pros
benefits, above average pay
Cons
long hours, bad training
Supportive and fun workplace with great co-workers!
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON23 April 2018
Cadillac Fairview is a great place to work! They value their employees and often go above and beyond to make sure we are all well taken care of. The co-workers are amazingly friendly and helpful with whatever you need, fostering an incredible work environment!
A great place to work at.
Life and Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2018
A good company with a great people of people who value their employees and customer alike, they offer great benefits and a great environment to work in.
sometimes chaotic work environment
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 December 2017
sometimes stressful because of crowded noisy environment

management were quite respectful and friendly

most co workers were co operative and helpful
Pros
medical benefits
Cons
crowded work environment(mall patrons)
Mall Security
Security and Life Safety Officer, Part-time (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 November 2017
Good Job at the time, appears management has all changed since I left. Changes for the best. Standard mall security, walking the halls, watching for bad people and arresting thieves.
Wow
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 November 2017
This organization was my starting point. They gave me the tools I needed to be successful as a marketing professional. Their training is second-to-none and they remain committed to corporate stewardship.
Corporate Politics
Marketing Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2017
They pay well but staff are generally puppets who do what head office tells them to do. Little creativity, lots of policies And corporate politics. They hire you to work at one property then force you to move and work at other properties. If you don't like it you can leave.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours and lots of politics
Concierge/Tenant Relations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2017
Large company with room to grow, a good salary, good benefits, and a good attitude towards work. Would recommend others to seek employment with them.
Great learning experience
MARKET RESEARCH AND ANALYST (INTERNSHIP) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2017
Coop program which allowed me to work with a bigger company. Understood the importance of communication and determining clients needs. Also learned how to make presentations in a corporate environment.
Great company for right position
Category Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 June 2017
Work environment and overall company culture is great. I was unlucky to have a manager who saw competition in me and let me go 2 weeks before he was let go.
I am just concerned about the future in retail overall and profitability of the large retail property managers like CF.
Pros
Good benfeits, good overall culture
Cons
Careless in recruiting
Excellent place to work
Lead engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 June 2017
I have found CF is a great company to work for.Their benefit is exceptional. A lot of room to grow your career. I had the full empowerment to make my decisions on big budget items.
One best company to work for.
Pros
Learning opportunity, build you career
Cons
Pay is not top rated compare to industry.
Environnement positif
Emballeuse de cadeau (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC6 June 2017
Une journée souriante et pleine de fou rire avec les enfants.
Pros
collègue simpa
Great company to work for
IT PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2017
Its a great company to work for. Culture is good and location is fun as our offices are next to the Eaton Center and just outside the financial district.
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement as with all good companies, people don't leave.
great experience
Administrative Assistant - Student Internship (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 May 2017
This was a student summer job for me. I only worked there for two months, in two different buildings. I worked with the management team of each building. This place was where i learned most of my admin skills, plus everyone was great.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
it was slow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited. Our community is ready to answer.