THE BYNG GROUP

THE BYNG GROUP Employee Reviews

Canada60 reviews
Productive and busy place
This was a temporary assignment. The culture was quite different to where I worked previously. However, it gave me chance to deal with trade invoices and vendors. It was a good experience and gave me the opportunity to use my skills in the different Accounting Modules to complete the full accounting cycles from matching, batching, coding and then the processing of checks.
Productive and fast workplace
It is good to be work as a team member and learn basic techniques. It is a multicultural workplace that enhances your communication skills. It has skilled and fun-loving guys.
Terrible work environment
STAY AWAY!!!!!!! This this company thrives on sucking your blood. It is impossible to believe this company is still on the map.
They do NOT respect employees and take advantage of every situation to get you to work for free. No work life balance. Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time

Thieves sittinbgreadytohifandfffifire.thwre who
Waste of time. Terrible main management
Never really new what to do. Your title in this company means nothing. They will give you a fancy title or management position yet you are not allowed to manage. Basically the company is run by one loud mouth operations manager. She constantly drops the F- bombs on everyone and one I guess "main" manager who has no life. Basically he is married to this place and expects 60 plus hours a week from you. Also not good at teaching or guiding. Miserable jealous individual.

s
Work with out a pressure .payment on time
Follow work instruction
Do my best

Management is there when you need

We don't have direct contact wlth management

The most enjoyable part is get the job well done.
Meh
place is dirty and they cut your hours and dont tell you. People there are rude and dont care. They have you working like a slave but dont pay you the right amount of money.
Never knew what you were to do!!!
Working for this company is fine as long as you have nothing to do with management. As soon as you become management you sign your life over. Your always getting blamed for things you didnt even know were your responsibility. Your job title and duties changed by the hour mainly when upper management needed someone to blame your responsibilities would change to whatever they needed to blame you for. They hire you for a position but dont give you what you need to do that position properly. They say your a manager but give you no authority to make decisions, you would 15 approvals to change a toilet paper roll for example. All in all the idea of the company is amazing, the potential they have is huge but cant tap into it, the workers they have are hard workers but are treated as their job is always on the line. My advice for them would be to let the people they hired do their job not just what you think is right. Upper upper management needs to back off a little and let their managers run with it, why else do you hire them.
Pros
amazing workers, good salary, consistent work
Cons
long hours for junior managers, upper management, treats employees like robots, very high turnover rate
Company has not Changed
So glad to see this company has not changed . Taking them to Labour Board didn't change a thing . Anyone starting work for them is real in trouble. They dont care about their employee , and use and abuse them
Warning warning warning ,
Stay away from this place noting is good about this company ,
They do steal your money , for no reason always back charges

It's better to be unemployed
routine troubleshooting
overall its a good company if you are willing to take care of everything in the environment. IT environment needs a lot of upgrade but overall I loved being there
Terrible Place
Worked here for 3 years over three locations. Paid poorly, treated poorly and promised the world. Management treat their employees like replaceable numbers. Don’t appreciate the long hours and weekends employees put in. Treat contractors poorly, sub-human. Material used is cheap and half fast. Anybody thinking of applying here, don’t waste your time. Your name will be forgotten as soon as you walk out the door and a new, poor soul will drain their soul.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
was only there for a couple months and got laid off
The managers were ok. I wasnt there long enough to really give a good description. The company lost a big contract and I was laid off. It didnt seem like a bad place to work
Not bad
They had a big turn over of staff and trades making it had to build a good Repor with the trades u had to sign jobs to and inspect there work in all not bad
Pros
Driving and Communicating with staff at site
Cons
Not great scheduling
Poorly Managed
Higher ups do not care if you have any issues. All the progress from that company is the lowest level of employees. (Production/warehouse.)

A few good people but mostly stuck up upper management that could care less about the time and effort you put in.
Pros
Decent Pay for entry level
Cons
Long hours, lack of respect from upper management.
Reconsider your decision to join this company.
I resigned from a secure position to join The Byng Group, I was interviewed and hired by the Director of Operations, a woman who portrays herself as confident, strong and empowering to other women in business. My first day I witnessed chaos, yelling and screaming by many staff members and management frantically attempting to reactively rectify errors and meet deadlines. As the days and weeks passed, the chaotic atmosphere seemed to be a way of life at Byng, with little or no time for orientation, answers to questions and direction from management. The general unhappy and stressful mood that emanates from this company is toxic and it is wearing on the mental well being of its staff, causing a high rate in staff turn over.

To combat the stress (again a reactive remedy instead of proactive attempt to alleviate/eliminate it) there is a family physician on staff who makes his rounds to specific (not all) people to offer advice and moral support. Everyone else is left to deal with their stress on their own, which in turn has caused a disjoint between the staff. There is no sense of teamwork or bonding amongst the staff but rather a great deal of rivalry and finger pointing.

Work demands, and duties increase steadily with calls and emails at all hours of the day, night and weekends. Although business hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday there is a level of expectation to be there well past 6:00 pm or 7:00 pm. Weekends are consumed with email requests and phone calls to perform duties with expected “immediacy” to their directives at any time of day or night.
 - more...
Pros
Cons
No work/life balance, guidance or leadership
fun workplace great people and welcoming
had a great experience really enjoyed it as well as the staff the management is really nice and people help out when they see you need help. Fast paced work
they stole you money
dont try to work for them , all the time they looking for justification for get so money from you, They treat the installators very badly. they are racist, and they treat the installators as if they were an employee, and they do not like to pay, the project managers make a lot of mistakes, when you go to install the material they give it to you with errors, all the buildings that you go the superintendent does not like to work with that why they lose a lot of the contract, I recommend that you do not work for them
Pros
no work for them
Cons
free hour
Do not work for them
Horrible Management. Incompetent management. Horrible Culture.
No work life balance. Must clean up the mess of every department. Every employee takes no accountability because management never takes accountability.
poisoned environment
Environment is poisoned and filled with half truths and misleading information. Make's promises to client with no intention of up holding them. Billing clients before job is complete and short paying Contractors.
Pros
salary
Cons
ownership
Former Painter
I worked at the Byng Group for 5 years. Great company, always steady work, no chasing customers for money like when you're on your own. They pay every 2 weeks and have a schedule for cheques, some guys didn't like this but I was happier knowing I was getting a huge amount every cheque. They kept us all busy.

Staff very nice too. Always ready to help. They have a department that hires and helps all workers which has gotten much better over the years, sweet ladies. Project Managers are great, understanding and always willing to help if you work hard....nothing comes easy!

Stopped working because I went back home for a while, I will forsure go back when I return to Canada!
Pros
Early days, get work done in a day, materials supplied
Working at the Byng Group is a pleasure, the environment is fresh and fun, not to mention my co-workers are easy to get along with.

Management is a good group of people as well they are very upbeat and there personalities make it easy to talk to.

I enjoy what I do here everyday and the growth is incredible since being here I have been able to move into different and higher position throughout the company. I would definitely recommend this company to everyone
Pros
the people & environment
Cons
N/a