The Burger's Priest Employee Reviews

Management Will Take Advantage of You
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2019
Managers will do anything they want to you and there is no where to look or ask for information for employees to know what their rights are and what managers can and cant do. Would not recommend working here. Employees are also not equipped with the tools needed to do the best possible job.
Pros
Cons
Management, staff, and pretty much everything
Super fun place to work
Line cook (Current Employee) –  Adelaide Street17 December 2018
Honestly, I think each location varies due to management but I have worked at a couple location now and I can honestly say I have had some amazing managers. Upper management comes in fairly often as well and both area managers are the nicest people ever. Like every workplace, there are office politics from time to time but there is also a lot of great people who work here. Everyone is very welcoming, and staff build great friendships with one another. Truly a great place to work.
Pros
Cheap food, flexible schedule, ability to pick up extra hours when needed
Cons
All your clothes will get greasy
Do not bother working here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Upper James31 October 2018
Management, terrible. Coworkers, worse. Nothing but unnecessary drama, and the management amps it on! One manager started drama and got employees to turn on eachother just for a promotion. Ridiculous.
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
Worst place I have ever worked at
Cashier/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 September 2018
Was a great environment to work in until they decided to switch up the management completely, which lead to the lose of so many employees. New management has no respect for the employees that were there before them and want them to all quit. Do not waste your time here, they interfere with your personal life and make you feel miserable.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
No hours yet they keep hiring more staff members
Amazing work environment
Cashier/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 August 2018
I have worked with this company for almost 3 years and at multiple locations and I have loved working at all of them. you really create a bond with all your co workers and management are very sweet and understanding. usually if there is an issue they fix it pretty quickly. I have had some pretty bad experiences working for other companies but I would recommend working at Burger's Priest to everyone.
Worst place I ever worked at
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 July 2018
You definitely do not want to work at burger priest, toxic environment to work in, the management sucks, it gets cold. biased management, they don't train you properly and expect you to know what needs to be done. They give some employees free food and expect others to pay. Just a really bad place to work at. Rude coworkers, all they do is stay in the kitchen and gossip all day long and even when you complain to the manager he can't say anything because he is unfair and biased
Pros
There were no pros working here
Cons
Very cold to work in the winter
what a bad company to work for ...
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  queen street west , toronto23 June 2018
i worked for this company for 3 weeks or less and got fired for no reason . here's few facts about this place

1 - Management is bad ( there's so many mangers at once and each one of them is giving you an order and want you to do things in a their own way, that leaves you with so much stress at all time )

2 - Not telling you how much $$ you make and not providing a pay-stab which i believe it's super illegal

3 - Bad Team Building Skills and lack of diversity in the work place
Fun workplace with great food.
Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 April 2018
Great workplace with a good staff and amazing food. Great management and nice schedule. Straightforward training and likeable managers who give you the opportunity to try other positions.
Pros
Cheap Lunches
Cons
Small work area
Tiring but fun
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 April 2017
A busy restaurant that caters to all ages, the job is repetitive, but the people I work with are fun. The hardest part of the job is trying to comply to all corporate demands about maintaining the restaurant. the most enjoyable part is the service we provide, and the people we work with.
Pros
Fast paced, fun atmosphere
Cons
low level employees don't get benefits
Very busy and successful burger joint
Part-time employment (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2016
Burger Priest when i worked there we would have lines out the door and usually huge orders too. I was uncharge of all the fries and i would have to cut the potatoes with the machine to make them into fries and them fill them up in big buckets of brine. then i would drain the fries batch by batch to blanche the fries. Then when we get the order i cook them till they we golden brown. We usually sold out of food before the end of the day. It was an experience to remember.
Fun and exciting environment to become involved in.
Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2016
I enjoyed my time working here. Was a very fun and exciting position to explore in the different parts of working in a kitchen with lots of different personalities.
Pros
Discount of lunches.
Cons
Short Hours.
fun workplace
cashier (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON20 December 2015
co-workers are amazing, always supporting each other and working as a team. Get through the rushes quickly and orderly as a team, great environment at all times
bad place to work at
Team Member- the Burger's priest (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON5 December 2015
Avoid. Terrible managment
long shifts (14-17hours a day)
Lifting heavy objects
nice co-workers but that was about it
nothing enjoyable.
Pros
Horrible work
Cons
Horrible environment
Labour intensive but great co-workers.
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2015
Management allows slackers to do as they please as long as someone will pick up after them. There are co-workers who've worked years without raise. Promised raises are never given.
Pros
Tips
Cons
slackers are allowed
Lost within themselves
front line (Current Employee) –  toronto4 May 2015
this company has no clue what direction its headed in, half the time the original owner has his own idea, and the corporation another and all the upper level management are only concerned about their job security. everything is a high level problem, positive coaching and reinforcement have been substituted by dangling your own job security over your head.

when your doing something good, you will always be told your wrong. and if they say it, they don't meant it cause then they go to the next resto and talk smack. i work at their busiest location and management would come in daily and change ideas, never clear focus and more concerned about their own social lives and whining to the staff about life problems then keeping the environment fun and relaxed, they preach fun when they hire you and talk trash and chirp you day and night and act holier then thou.

i could go on and on about this place and all its backward tactics, even if they read this they will never take it upon themselves to wonder why and fix it..only say oh this guy doesn't know what he is talking about and he is just jealous...its that attitude that will carry them down to the ground
Enjoyable establishment with great employers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2015
One of the things I love most about working at the Burger's Priest is the staff- from coworkers to management. Everyone is extremely friendly and easy to get along with, as well as hard working. The managers have been extremely flexible and understanding throughout the years especially with my school schedule. All in all, it's been a pleasure working within this establishment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Burger's Priest. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8