The Bridge Youth & Family Services

The Bridge Youth & Family Services Employee Reviews in Penticton, BC

2.8Job security & advancement

Found 1 review matching the searchSee all 8 reviews

I went from valued and included in hiring new people to a warm body

I initially interviewed for a part time position that wasn't very clear in the online posting. The job description they gave me in the interview was completely different than what I had applied for online. There was no discussion about wage in the interview. They offered me the position within a week and I instead opted to take a casual position. I appreciate their flexibility with me because I worked a full time job elsewhere and would cover evening shifts whenever I was finished my primary job. The clients were fantastic, helpful and taught me a lot. A typical shift for me started in the evening at one location where I was available to the clients for counselling and wellness checks. I would do computer work and input costs into a spreadsheet, and could write up notes and observations pertaining to clients. I would sanitize common surfaces, and had the option to hang out with clients in common areas or arrange activities or outings, before going to another location where I would stay til shift end. At exactly 3 months of working casual, I was terminated without cause. In the last month I was covering shifts for a part time employee, and was asked to sit in on an interview for their replacement. I declined because I had a prior engagement. I never received any positive or negative feedback about my job performance before my termination. I realized after the fact, that I was being taken advantage of and was just filling a space until they could find someone available to fill those shifts permanently. Despite advocating and empowering clients and building rapport, I was not -

Pros

flexibility, easy access to supervision

Cons

low pay, potential client conflict or endangerment

Jobs at The Bridge Youth & Family Services