The Bridge Youth & Family Services

The Bridge Youth & Family Services Employee Reviews

Rewarding

As high stress as this job was, I enjoyed it so much, it was an amazing experience and I would definitely work here again in the future. Management was extremely supportive, and co-workers were amazing.

Every level of Management is utterly tone deaf.

The direct Managers are shockingly inept while offering zero backbone to stand up to their Middle Management's direct orders. Each direction is money driven and while company promotes a client centered approach, staff are told when and how to speak at all times.

Pros

If your legal team is assembled this is a truly amazing place to win during litigation complaints.

Cons

Logic is not used at any time from any level of management.

I went from valued and included in hiring new people to a warm body

I initially interviewed for a part time position that wasn't very clear in the online posting. The job description they gave me in the interview was completely different than what I had applied for online. There was no discussion about wage in the interview. They offered me the position within a week and I instead opted to take a casual position. I appreciate their flexibility with me because I worked a full time job elsewhere and would cover evening shifts whenever I was finished my primary job. The clients were fantastic, helpful and taught me a lot. A typical shift for me started in the evening at one location where I was available to the clients for counselling and wellness checks. I would do computer work and input costs into a spreadsheet, and could write up notes and observations pertaining to clients. I would sanitize common surfaces, and had the option to hang out with clients in common areas or arrange activities or outings, before going to another location where I would stay til shift end. At exactly 3 months of working casual, I was terminated without cause. In the last month I was covering shifts for a part time employee, and was asked to sit in on an interview for their replacement. I declined because I had a prior engagement. I never received any positive or negative feedback about my job performance before my termination. I realized after the fact, that I was being taken advantage of and was just filling a space until they could find someone available to fill those shifts permanently. Despite advocating and empowering clients and building rapport, I was not -

Pros

flexibility, easy access to supervision

Cons

low pay, potential client conflict or endangerment

A great learning environment.

A challenging work place, with amazing frontline staff and clinical counsellors. The diversity of clientele is which makes for a great learning opportunity.

Pros

Great frontline and clinical staff

Cons

Can, at times, be taxing mentally, emotinally, and spiritually

Excellent from start through process or hiring, employment and respectful resignation when I moved. Highly recommend this organization.

One of the best organizations I have worked for excellent interview process and training, respectful all the time, opportunities and growth opps provided often, education, team minded

Good

I would have kept working there as long as I could have thank you so much. My time spent there I learned a lot I was unfairly dismissed from the cooking part of it and I worked on two environment Child Care Youth Development as well as cooking unfortunately it's who you know in that business even though everyone's really nice at still how do you spell unfortunately

The Bridge offers a lot of different programs and caters to all sorts of needs. They are great to work for and are often as flexible as you need them to be while working elsewhere or going to school.

great place to work

It was a good place to work although due to government cutbacks the program was closed. It had great management and a great wellness program. It had good benefits and wages.

Pros

wellness grant

Cons

could have had higher wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Bridge Youth & Family Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6Job security/advancement