The Bridge Youth & Family Services
View all The Bridge Youth & Family Services reviews

The Bridge Youth & Family Services

The Bridge Youth & Family Services Employee Review

Supportive environment with team members and management.

Everyone is a true team member. We all bring unique personalities and life experience. We are loved by management for being so supportive and caring of one another. The only environment where its a gossip free environment.

Pros

Ongoing education and education expenses every year.

Cons

Set pay when you make the max amount.

5.0Job security/advancement

Every level of Management is utterly tone deaf.

The direct Managers are shockingly inept while offering zero backbone to stand up to their Middle Management's direct orders. Each direction is money driven and while company promotes a client centered approach, staff are told when and how to speak at all times.

Pros

If your legal team is assembled this is a truly amazing place to win during litigation complaints.

Cons

Logic is not used at any time from any level of management.

Rewarding

As high stress as this job was, I enjoyed it so much, it was an amazing experience and I would definitely work here again in the future. Management was extremely supportive, and co-workers were amazing.

I went from valued and included in hiring new people to a warm body

I initially interviewed for a part time position that wasn't very clear in the online posting. The job description they gave me in the interview was completely different than what I had applied for online. There was no discussion about wage in the interview. They offered me the position within a week and I instead opted to take a casual position. I appreciate their flexibility with me because I worked a full time job elsewhere and would cover evening shifts whenever I was finished my primary job. The clients were fantastic, helpful and taught me a lot. A typical shift for me started in the evening at one location where I was available to the clients for counselling and wellness checks. I would do computer work and input costs into a spreadsheet, and could write up notes and observations pertaining to clients. I would sanitize common surfaces, and had the option to hang out with clients in common areas or arrange activities or outings, before going to another location where I would stay til shift end. At exactly 3 months of working casual, I was terminated without cause. In the last month I was covering shifts for a part time employee, and was asked to sit in on an interview for their replacement. I declined because I had a prior engagement. I never received any positive or negative feedback about my job performance before my termination. I realized after the fact, that I was being taken advantage of and was just filling a space until they could find someone available to fill those shifts permanently. Despite advocating and empowering clients and building rapport, I was not -

Pros

flexibility, easy access to supervision

Cons

low pay, potential client conflict or endangerment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Bridge Youth & Family Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6Job security/advancement

The Bridge Youth & Family Services Reviews by Location

• The Bridge Youth & Family Services
  • Supportive environment with team members and management.