The Brick
Happiness score is 43 out of 100

The Brick Employee Reviews

Never ending learning opportunities

The job isn't hard, but it isn't easy. It can be very physically demanding and mentally. If you like to stay busy, this is a perfect job. The hourly rate could be better.

Pros

Always something to do

Cons

One of the worst companies to work for!

If you want to suffer and break yourself slowly, don’t look anywhere else but The Brick as employers don’t take care of their workers well.The work environment and conditions are just beyond horrible and at its worst condition at the best time. Some people literally make free money while others break themselves for a few dollars per hours. Can you guess which group I belong to?Some workers don’t even do the work, as you’d be surprised (or not) that they do nothing literally when they knew what they were supposed to be working on. It’s happening on the daily basis. Only a very few number of great workers carry the warehouse around. It doesn’t have to be that way but it’s a fact.Considered yourself warned when you consider working for the Brick. Unless you’re more than willing to put yourself through gruelling tasks on daily basis for lower pay check, don’t bother applying or be one of those ones who do nothing to make free money off others who actually do the actual duties. Choices are yours.

Pros

None. Food isn’t even that close.

Cons

Long hours, Lowest pay check, Lowest Morale.

don't bother

You are overworked, stressed and yelled at by customers all for bad pay. They do not care about their employees at all. I worked for 4 years and each year it progressively got worse and I got more miserable.

Pros

nothing really

Cons

long hours, little pay, stress and disrespectful/entitled customers

If you enjoy feeling like the bullied kid in highschool, then this is the place for you.

If you have a life outside of work, and cool with commiting every evening and every weekend to work, then this may be for you. In my experience, there were only a handful of amazing staff members, the others were extremely catty.

Tres bonne ambiance

Une entreprise qui prend soin de ces employés et qui est facile à travailler

It’s a good experience

I had a interview today the brick at point aux-trembles. I was very excited to see this place Nice people nice environment for work. The place is too clean . I waiting for a reply to get this job. Even I can’t work full time here but I will work part time 🥰I think here relax relax relax

Sales representative review

The brick is a great place to work with great people. Sales makes good money and there is a lot of teamwork. More like working with a family. The hours can be tricky for some but are not as bad as most.

Pros

Team

Cons

Evenings and weekends

Workplace Experience

The Beginning went well. Got along with Co-Workers and everyone and did my job. Was in a 3 Month Training Process. They taught me most. But for instance and this did happen. I couldn't build anything. They didn't teach me how to yet expected me to do it still. Overall. If its your kinda job go for it. But its definitely not a positive workplace Most of the time. Its not up to me to explain why exactly.

Pros

Nice Co-Workers, Respectable Staff

Cons

Poor Management, Crowded Warehouse, No Air Conditioning or fans in the Summer when over hot, Came Home sick a few times from Conditions, Innapropriate Comments

Stressful

Stay away from this company. Does not provide sufficient training. No time to relax. Always over worked. does not provide sufficient training. No way you can escalate your problems.

Pros

Cons

Make you work for other 2 departments.

Poor Management to old school

Foul language used by General manager.Co-workers are rats and back stabbers.4 days of training and thrown to the wolves no helpDon't produce PPP/KPI/Warranty you get firedManagement needs over haul be gone

Please don't apply here

I worked as shunt driver, delivery driver, line haul driver, worst experience. Bad management, you are just number, they need someone who can say Yes. No one listens you, seniors give you hard time.

Pros

Free BBQ

Cons

Worst management

Good work environment get to meet a lot of people internal and external

Long hours sometimes and when u are new days off are Monday and Thursday.Extremely heavy lifting everyday also have to keep a fast work flow to finish or else u would be out doing deliveries in the night.

Pros

Lots of knowledge and experience to gain.Salary not bad if u are willing to work extremely hard.

Cons

Long hours and heavy lifting

One of the worst places to work

First you go through video training which is so boring that you have a hard time staying awake and then the manager comes to check on you if you are still awake. After a couple of days of torturous training they just throw you out on the sales ground and push you to sell the products in the store, pushing the emphasis on selling the product insurance more then on the product it self. If the customer was window shopping then you get in trouble for letting them walk out of the store without buying anything. The worst part of the whole experience is when you get your payday and see how miserable it looks as it is not a salary plus commission job but a commission based minimum pay, so that means if your sales didn't get to the unrealistic standard that the high management want, then they have to pay you your minimum provincial hourly pay and if you don't get your sales up somehow without customers in some (magical way) then you get fired exactly before 3 months of work, so that you would not get any benefits. That is why the turnover of employees is so huge there.I do not recommend this job to anybody that is not desperate to find A JOB, any JOB.

Bad management

There is no passion for customer service and employees choose to play on their cell phones rather than take a call. Employees come in up to 2.5 hours late on a regular basis leaving the new person alone to man the customer service desk. Twice a salesman called me pretending to be an irate customer thinking it was funny. This caused me unnecessary stress and wasted my time (company time) while real customers waiting for their calls to be answered. Management supported this type of behavior and I was let go because I didn't fit into the work culture. I was never late..never called in sick and never used my cell phone on company time. I certainly didn't fit into this work culture as it goes against my work ethic.

Pros

Cons

Bad management

High Stress for the pay, and Bad management

It was fairly easy to ge the job, and the starting pay is above minimum wage but for the stress it was not worth it. Management had extremely high expectations and is passive aggressive/rude if you do not meet said expectations. Constantly understaffed because of the high turnover rate due to a bad workplace environment. They also do not pay you for training new employees.

Pros

Cons

Understaffed/overworked, management.

Managment doesnt care about anything other then business

Make you work with covid symtomsThreaten to fire you for having to take time off for family mattersManagment doesnt care about anything but the business but claims doors are always open to come talk about situation.

Pros

Money is okay

Cons

Long hours get treated like slaves and talked to like garbage

An okay place to work

Working as a customer service rep at The Brick was not the worst job in the world. The pay was pretty bad considering the amount of computer programs, policies, and duties I had to be aware of. Also as a CSR you will be at the mercy of the salespeople. They will straight up lie to customers and you will have to deal with the fallout. Management and fellow CSRs were great to work with, but the salespeople are some of the most entitled people you will meet. A fellow CSR quit after a salesperson blew up at them for some idiotic reason and the salesperson did not even get a reprimand.

Pros

Decent working conditions

Cons

Salespeople are pr*cks

Productive , days feel short

I loved working at the brick, I met some of the best people working there and we all had a strong family bond. The busy times during the holidays or when they do tent sale can be a bit hectic but that was for a short period of time and then after that most days go by quickly. The sales staff always seemed greedy and ask a lot do everyone while they sit down most of the day

Pros

Most holidays off. 9-5 kinda job.

Cons

Boxing Day is a long day. The sales staff are greedy

The worst place to work

Poor and inexperienced management (Park Royal). Fires people over the phone and takes advantage of new comers who work there that don’t know employment law by not paying any severance when he fires them. Low pay, favoritism, no work life balance. Not recommended.

Pros

Cons

Poor management

The worst company I have worked for

I should've known from day one that this job was going to be a nightmare. The company on a whole was the absolute worst company I have ever had the displeasure of working for. The job culture constantly felt tense and toxic. Everyone was out for themselves in management. I would liken it to rats fleeing a sinking ship. Every day felt like your department was going to be cut because of who was actually in control of The Brick. The department I worked in was full of over worked, over stressed, under paid toxic personality traits that you had to work in close proximity with every day. No one cared except for maybe one of my co-workers and in the end was the very first job I had to take a sick leave from due to stress and the toxic work environment that was created by the people I worked with and the company itself. Would not recommend anyone work there if they can help it.

Pros

"Bistro" in the building (garbage food however)

Cons

Toxic work environment, bad management, no support.

Very low salary

Low salary, not benefits for the part time workers, nobody cares about nobody, back pains and long hours, after 3 years no increase salary and not benefits at all.

Cons

Very bad place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Brick. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement