The Brick

Canada28 reviews

Insights into The Brick

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job

Good company good coworkers

Great company and great staff, pay should be more for the work. Alot of work on busy days such as tent sale, black Friday etc. Can be challenging at times but rewarding.

Don’t do it

The job is very demanding and the managements communication is very poor and they don’t care about you at all, no matter how hard/good you work so I definitely wouldn’t recommend it to anyone

dont waste your time

all of management doesnt care about you, disrespects you and way over works you - not surprising that the turn around is huge so if youre looking to work there and quit, good luck!

extremely negative

unless your willing to make this job your life's work YOU WILL NOT GET PROMOTED AND YOU WILL NOT GET A RAISE. Peers at this job are rude and commonly do unprofessional things that would get a person fired anywhere else. amazing mid level management though.

Large company with very low pay and poor management

Majority of new employees leave, why? as for our observation for night shifts you are not allowed to use equipment's to make the job easier, for example the forklifts. Imagine how heavy the furnitures are. Working graveyard is hard (that is acceptable given that you have to fight the sleepiness) but doing manual job when you know there is an option to make it easier...that made the difference.

Warehouse associates

Quality products. Knowledgeable sales staff. Friendly and helpful assistance. Helpful reception area. Great owner. Enjoyed working their always had guidance and new what needed to be done

Great co-workers

Most of your coworkers will work hard, especially during the busy seasons, it’s all hands on deck. Management isn’t great, mainly due to underpaying staff. Do not work here if you enjoy having your own time or any social life at all, you will be expected to live, breathe, sleep The Brick. Hardest part of the job would be how labour-intensive it is, depending on which department you are put in.

Pros

Great co-workers

Cons

Labour-intensive, less pay, no social life

Did it to pay the rent

Only do this if you have to. Save money. About 3 or 4 times a year you're going to go without work for a month. If you are choosing this over another job that seems less secure, you're making the wrong choice.

Great work environment

Loved the worked environment. Very chill and easily to get along with supervisors. Loved getting up and going to work everyday. Wasn't a very challenging job as I workout 4 times a week with heavy weights.

If you're a hardworker

The place isnt bad to work at the work is decent like any other job in this category. The management is toxic and you get treated like absolute garbage and not like a human being. This location needs an undercover boss to see how the employees actually get treated it's that bad. They also try to get you to do unsafe work.

Cons

Management, not flexable, toxic

i loved it there

i no longer work there because it came to a point where i wasn't happy and had to go for personal reasons and the boss did want me to stay but i had to go my own way, see for more info.

Not a Good Place to work

Not a good place to work. Started with lots of hours, over 30. Ended with 12 hours per week. A little hard to pay your bills. Managers play favorites. They hire relatives of co workers. Those workers are given maximum hours. Senior employees are cut back. No training provided.

Pros

Cons

few hours unless you are related to someone else in the store

warehouse

good people good atmosphere. Great TV and sales people. I loved talking to the customers and helping them furnish new homes, however I simply could not grow here.

Pros

good people

Cons

low wage

retail sales

It was a good learning experience in regards to customer service and management coordination. Handling store issues on our own basis was a good thing at the Brick mattress store

productive and fun place to work

the time i was there i really liked it , my co workers were dearly amazing . completely sweet hearts . if i could work there again i definitely wold .

Very good job

I work in brick warehouse I had started my job in August from brick I gain huge amount of experience. Now I have security license so I want to apply as security guard worker

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Over time

It was fast paced most of the time but slow periods

It was really busy when I first started but right before I left, I was having a hard time getting more than 25 hours a week.a great place to work if single

Pros

Bus pass threw work

Cons

Hours cut

good.

you do minimum work like just unloading the truck every tuesday and thursday. take sold products of the floor and wrap it up for the customer and replace that product with another one from the warehouse.

warehouse specialist

Made $14 per hour wage, moving furniture onto trucks for delivery and within warehouse. Worked with an exceptional crew nighttime in suburb of Calgary.

Just working in the back

We worked in the back, unloading trailers or building displays of products. loading customers vehicles and dealing with product transfers. Even carrying out products threw the front doors for customers.

Pros

Good staff to teach you

Cons

Lots of work done is not needed to be done and offten un done by manament

i nice place to work

i enjoyed working. it was a nice environment to work in. i didnt have any trouble with my colleagues and enjoy the customers sense of humor. so thats all i can say

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Brick. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement