The Brick Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Good Manager bad place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 July 2018
As a Sales representative you can expect to work under the pressure 24/7. You work only on commission and if you wanna make more than minimum wage you have to work more than 40 hours week. Tipically the top sales people work every single day.

However, even working on commission you cannot define your schedule. It’s expected from you working 8 hours and 30 min a day. You have to get there 30 min earlier to clean your area. After that you can start working.

The environment is very competitive, and you feel underpaid for the kind of job. There are so many unrealistic goals to achieve that you will feel you are a horrible sales person even when you are doing great.

The only positive thing was my store manager, who is a nice guy.
Pros
The manager
Cons
Almost everything
Fun but tiring
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ontario23 March 2018
The people who work there make it a good and fun environment, if you need to know knowledge you're always welcome to ask questions and they do their best to make the environment uplifting.
The down sides however is that the job is commission only therefore you never know how much you're getting paid and whether or not it's enough to pay all your bills. The brick does make sure you are paid minimum wage, but only when your commission is not enough. Also, on the VIP days, you are required to work a full 12 hours, whether you regularly have the day off or not, and are not given another day off.
Pros
Work environment and Coworkers
Cons
Long days and little pay
Don’t waste your time
Sales (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 March 2018
Worst place to work if you are an honest person .
Liars and manipulative people will do well here !
Very little appreciation of sales people from management and head office.
Not much incentive for targets hit , very ego driven .
Just my experience, some people may fit right in with the rat race this company is trying to Implement
Pros
Couches to sit on
Cons
Poor commission and bonus structure
Treat employees like kids high turnover Slimy management
Appliance/Electronic Sales (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC9 January 2018
hated working there , made good money, but hated the way management treated sales people...that thrived on intimidation. Catered to getting customers credit more that getting them the right products
Pros
did well at commission
Cons
awful work environment
Big Company Poor service
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Langford, BC9 December 2017
Clock in and walk floor checking sales flyer items are displayed and know location. Sale merchandise, ask customers for a Brick Card.
Clean assigned area daily. Keep client contact list, and prospect always.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Terrible training and relationships with customers
Very nice place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 August 2017
Friendly co-workers and great management staff. I learned good team work principles. And developed good sales techniques. Very good pay for a work I love to do
Pros
Great management
Cons
A day in the life on a sales representative employee
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 February 2017
As a sales representative employee the whole setting was very competitive. I am not a very competitive person so it wasn't a very suitable place for me. I would welcome employees into the store, then basically had to follow them around and try to sell furniture, appliances, or electronics. The hardest part of my job was dealing with competitive co-workers and annoyed customers. Co-workers were very competitive because it was a commission-based job and everyone wanted to make extra money. Customers would get annoyed because whenever they would walk in we were expected to greet then then basically follow them around the store and persuade them to buy something. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I would have a customer that would actually talk to me and let me help them, but that rarely happened.
Pros
Making more money with commission.
Cons
Very competitive.
poor company, poor quality products.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 January 2017
This is the worst company I have worked for in my life. Too much pressure being a sales , the head office always steal money from the poor sales. Just like thief.
You literally pay to be there!
Sales accociate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB12 July 2016
This job pays straight commission but if you don't sell enough to make minimum wage then they give you the money to reach the minimum only to take it from you the next pay check. Absolutely stressful and degrading! How they get away with it I don't understand but its a real morale killer. Management is always negative and is incapable of finding the positive in anything. The longer the employment the worse the employee. Straight commission in this manner is a real poison. Not to say i haven't made some life long friends in being employed there but we all left quite frustrated by the ineptitude of the corporate senility that has effected every position from top to bottom. I learned a lot but an unnecessarily torturous manner. That business needs to start again at a small store level to regain Bill Comery's true vision. I wonder just how much more successful we could have been if we were treated better and not micromanaged to such a high degree.
Pros
Friends I made
Cons
Being micromanaged and ruled by children.
Salesman
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, QC29 December 2015
Salesman in the funrniture and matress department. Cater to customers needs , try to upsell customer by selling warranties and kpi on customer purchases
Fun work place
Top Sales (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB9 October 2015
Product knowledge. Management is a great team to work with along with co-workers. I loved meeting new people. Hardest commission
Pros
Sales insentive
Cons
Commission Sales
The Brick ( Richmondhill ) Store Manager complaint .
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON18 February 2015
Managers will tell you to not clock in & work for free so the #'s look better to head office.The Brick is very dishonest to employee's as well as there clients.They force employee's to write un true comments on products to excuse discounting to protect managers & to stop returns even know the data is a lie.They Force -ppp- on new brick credit cards and force us to add it on to customers credit card with out there knowledge or approval.it can cost any where from 2-3$ per day for customer & its very hard to remove it from credit card with out faxing stuff.Managers can fire you for no reason/cause of any means with out write ups or verbals of any kind.Human resources protects the company & not the employee in any shape or form.The brick is a sketchy -dirty company who lies and rips off customers.This company needs to be investigated & the labour board needs to shut them down.

I will never shop at this company hope the market place rates them.

presidents club champion ...review
Pros
Nice employees, richmondhill, store manager, needs to be fired, as well as who ever is accepting this behaviours
Cons
Managers - harassment -ppp forced -fake notes on products for fake damage.
good place to make money
Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC17 September 2014
clean work environment
work with people
good management
lots of opportunities to grow
flowing scedual
Excellent training
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 January 2014
I came from a legal background, and received excellent training. It is an extremely competitive place of emloyment, so you learn to toughen up. The best part of the job is going above and beyond to obtain someone credit whom would not have been able to purchase.
Pros
Having one weekend off per month
Very competitive sales
Sales (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 September 2013
Walking The Brick from end to end helping customers with purchases guiding them towards what the intended on buying.
Working at The Brick thought me how to be aggressive yet not overpowering on the customer, it was great to learn sales.
Nice and enjoyable
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC10 May 2013
8 hrs on your feet
how to sell
working on commisson
working with great people
Productive workplace with a caring team environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga19 September 2012
The Brick is one of the leading companies in Canada with several locations across the country. My job as a Sales Representative allowed me to interact with customers and provide them with the information they needed when it came to purchasing appliances and electronics. With a strong management team, I was consistently learning about new products and building skills for myself which assisted me as a Sales Representative.