The Brick
Happiness score is 42 out of 100

The Brick Employee Reviews for Sales Consultant

Sales Consultant50 reviews
Canada50 reviews

You get what you put in. If you’re good at sales go for it!

You get what you put in. If you’re good at sales you can make a decent income. However culture varies store to store. I was lucky and had great co workers. Relaxed atmosphere

Pros

Commissions are well structured

Cons

Competitive

Avoid it please.

Not a good company, commission sales always like this, the store manager act unfairly and become a disaster, sometimes conflict with somebody, average income is not so high.

Pros

Cons

Commission sales

Insights into The Brick

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job

Good people, bad managers

No accountability if you're in the inner circle. Management takes sides with their favourites and feeds them extra deals. Franchise owner offers sales bonuses then renegs on them and doesn't pay. Management leaves at 4 everyday leaving the customer care staff left to be sales managers.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

No support for sales staff, No training from management, No professional development, Only promote best sales reps, not best managers

If you are new to sales, it's a good place to learn. If you're an experienced professional, you may want to avoid this place.

Things change on a dime, there is little support and a ridiculous amount of requirements that do not enhance the sales process or make you any real money. There are lots of other sales opportunities elsewhere where you will make more money. Management genuinely does not care about the employees.

Pros

Heavy discounts on furniture - stock up while working there, it's well worth it.

Cons

Moody management More money to be made elsewhere No input over work hours, 7 days a week

One of the worst places to work

First you go through video training which is so boring that you have a hard time staying awake and then the manager comes to check on you if you are still awake. After a couple of days of torturous training they just throw you out on the sales ground and push you to sell the products in the store, pushing the emphasis on selling the product insurance more then on the product it self. If the customer was window shopping then you get in trouble for letting them walk out of the store without buying anything. The worst part of the whole experience is when you get your payday and see how miserable it looks as it is not a salary plus commission job but a commission based minimum pay, so that means if your sales didn't get to the unrealistic standard that the high management want, then they have to pay you your minimum provincial hourly pay and if you don't get your sales up somehow without customers in some (magical way) then you get fired exactly before 3 months of work, so that you would not get any benefits. That is why the turnover of employees is so huge there.I do not recommend this job to anybody that is not desperate to find A JOB, any JOB.

Cons

One of the most toxic/frustrating jobs to have.

Bad management... Long hours. Straight commission, with top ups that you owe over due time there. No insurance for associates, nor benefits for associates.Toxic work environment between associates and management. With management letting go people on a daily basis.

Pros

Free lunches some times. Discount

Cons

Long hours, comission, daily un obtainable targets. Toxic associates

Great company

Excellent place to start a sales career. Competitive and fun environment to work in and at. I would highly recommend it. Always challenge yourself to keep learning and you'll make a bundle of cash and have great memories.

Abusive and Nasty Management as well as head office Staff. Ex. District sales Manager

Being new the other employees took advantage, and stole sales and clients. They expected you to give the commissions on all your sales to another sales person for 3 months.

Pros

Ok hours

Cons

Nasty management and employees

A common level playing ground.

The Brick is a wonderful place to exhibit one's sales talents. I had a wonderful store manager and an amazing General Sales Manager. I had to leave the job because I relocated to another city otherwise, I would remain with The Brick.

Worst place I've worked ever.

If you have a personal life or kids, this is not the place to work. Give up your sanity. Definitely not run like any other job. The top salesperson makes the rules. Not a place to grow your career. Definitely would not recomnd. I've seen 3 people quit in the short time I've worked here.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Brick?

Ok place to work at, long term not the best option

With the few slow months, you gotta get good at budgeting to get through them. 100% commission with long shifts. Co workers are super competitive and will do anything they can to make it out on top. Hardest part of the job is making sure customers see you to purchase product when they come back.

Enjoyed Working For Them

Was enjoying my time working for them and made me feel like I was back home again within the major home fashions industry where I could continue my career and my sales growth. Was displeased with how I was notified that my time was finished with them the day before my 3 months was up considering that I have been in the industry for more than 5 years with two prior employers and was transferred to another store to help them close it down, before I was let go on day 89. Felt that they may have made a mistake in letting a hard worker who was still trying to learn The Brick culture with a proven sales track record go too early in order to find out what kind of long-term employee I could have become with them.

Nothing exciting to talk about.

No fun place to work for this company. Nothing exciting to share my reviews. Keep away from getting hired, there is lot more to do in life apart from wasting your time.

great company

very good company to work with, positive work environment. It is good for people who loves working with people. Management is very cooperative and friendly.

Learn with Fun

Great Job Culture, Full training is provided, Conducive environment. It is a commission based place, you sell, you earn. you get opportunities to grow

Great people, fun staff but very low overall wage and lousy Gm.

show up on time is the best, being late is obviously a no-no and early you'll get hounded by the gm about non essential garbage before you even have your sunglasses off. the staff other than that are rather amazing, helpful and mostly everyone gets along in and outside of the workplace. definitely the best part of the job. the hours and shifts are all over the place, you never have a set schedule and are constantly moving around your home schedules, appointments, daycare and such just to fit. this becomes a job in itself. not a good place to work if you still want to have an outside life hardest part is dealing with the low stock levels and constant push back of orders. not pleasant dealing with clients who are upset after their orders get pushed back a month or so time and time again. and who can blame them for being upset. Head office doesn't care about its staff or customers!!!

Pros

Staff

Cons

Stock Levels and General Manager

A great place for working.

There was a good place to work with good people. I was working as a sales consultant with 100 commission based salary. It was a little bit hard to handle your job but after a short period, I was happy. I got the title of the best salesperson in BC for 8 non-consecutive months and 3 times the best salesperson on nationwide.

Pros

some benefits

Nice Place

A good place to work for. Pople is friendly. Lots to learn and have fun at same time. Time goes by quick and lots of opportunities. Love to work here.

Bosses don't care

The commision set up is low compared to other companies. If you don't make your KPI's every month they threaten to replace you. If they have to top you up on pays to minimum wage they claw it back on the next pay that you are above min wage. The hours suck and you never have any weekends off.

Pros

Co workers are amazing

Cons

Commision system is flawed, no real bonuses for reaching targets

overall good experience

sometime stressful but its was a fun most of the time. staff was good and salary was alright as i was a part time employee. Selling furniture was a good experience overall.

Good compay

Challenging makes the employees to push them selves into success help them be patient and positive attitude Aggressive on getting the targets ongoing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Brick. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement