The Brick

The Brick Employee Reviews for Merchandiser

Merchandiser32 reviews
Canada32 reviews

fun energetic work environment

This fast paced work environment had many perks but the best part was seeing the whole store work towards similar goals to achieve in the company. now one idea could ripple through the company so you could visibly see change.

Part of the clique

Worked as sales for about 6 months then went to truck and merch. Sales was full-time, good experience for never been in sales however the environment surrounding was that of High School level politics. Grown adults fueding over prospective sales (understandably that's the gig) the level of division amongst the sales team that stemmed down the employee line through to the warehouse and trucking. Sales only cares about that - Merchandise / Warehouse workers as well as those on the Truck truly go above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction. In my experience on the truck more times that I can recollect the driver and I would either move furniture / appliances we were not authorized to nor was it safe however due to customers tendency to exploit the complaint system to management our personal safety was disregarded for the sale. Rarely expect management to have your back unless on sales. In sum, The Brick Corp is doing an exemplary job is sticking to its corporate values undermining humanity and comradarie.

Pros

Hour Lunch, Customers do sometimes appreciate you going the extra mile

Cons

Long hours on truck (12hr+ days sometimes), Lack of support from Management

Insights into The Brick

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job

Shady company

Currently hiring new associates before calling laid off associates back. Applied for open positions after lay off and recieved no call backs. Lacking in communication and you get the feeling they are not being totally honest with you.

Pros

Cons

Easily laid off and replaced

Just no.

Don't. Just don't. Unless you are an exceptionally talented salesperson, but in that case, you'd still be better off finding work elsewhere. If you are operations inclined, they will grind you into dust and blow you into the wind with their apathy.

nice work environment but very low pay

it is nice to work at the brick, the management team are amazing but they do not pay enough for the job you do. The benefit is not that good as well. over all it is okay to work at the brick.

Toxic workplace

This is the worst job you can possible endure, the whole store Is unorganized, most the managers have no clue what they’re doing. You are taken advantage of and antagonized. Always asked to do more, and nobody has any appreciation for your hard work unless you are favoured by the manager, also they basically have a new employee every month, because nobody wants to work here.

Fun

Job was decent but management wasnt the best. Our manager got fired a couple months in and was not replaced as long as i was there. We kind of had to figure out things as we went without guidance.

Management at the brick. Drug dealers managing the brick

Management is terrible. They are not all on the same page. The store is drama filled. Turn over rate is extremely high. Managers don’t seem to care for there employees unless they are sleeping with them. Lot of people including managers have drug problems

Merchandising

Unloading, moving furniture Always something new Management is excellent, staff and employees are hard workers, very easy going, multiculture Everyone is very nice

Pros

Cons

Mone

Fun and easy

Good atmosphere, moving furniture around and doing pick ups. The hardest part is getting to know the computer systems. There are monthly votes for employee of the month with a sweet 75$ bonus

Awesome friendly and cooperative workplace

Typical days are fairly simple, pre-planned by management, received much warehouse experience, friendly, knowledgeable management, awesome workplace culture, hardest part is the computer system with occasional lagging, love the friendly coworkers

Hard but fun

I enjoy working at the brick I just wish that there was a full time position for me then i wouldnt be searching for another job, I do enjoy the work and my coworkers

Best Canadian company to work for

Excellent all around. Great story and great work in Canada as we speak. Fantastic community company. I have never felt more a part of a family before.

Great first Job

The management group I work with is amazing and so are my co workers. I have learned a lot from the management team there, but its just time for me to find a new job, move on and start a new chapter in my life.

Pros

relaxed mangers when it comes to breaks

Cons

High expectations for what you get payed

amazing work place

I have some of the best possible bosses anyone could ever ask for. there's a high energy work team and everyone gets treated with respect. in general it's an amazing place to work.

Pros

employee discounts on furniture and appliances

Cons

non that I can think of

A very toxic workplace

There is a lot of drama at this place, each department seems to hate the other ones and it is extremely tiring. The work its self isn't bad, a little weight intensive with all the lifting, but the environment makes it extremely difficult to continue.

Merchandiser

I really enjoyed working at the brick, just sucks that i got let go because sales were slow. Other than that great place to work and a great group of people to work for.

Terrible company

Sales driven so they don't care about anyone that isn't selling. Minimum wage with 19 cent raises, terrible hours, benefits don't kick in for a year after you've become full time which is likely already a year wait. So two years before benefits. Warehouse employees expected to learn their antiquated, super unfriendly computer system. Again, all for minimum wage. Look elsewhere.

great place to work

the brick is a great place to work, always keeps you busy, hard working people and great and flexible hours. really worked good with how much I had to balance at the time

Pros

shorter days, weekends off.

Cons

less pay.

Happy working with team with company

I worked 75 hours every 2 weeks I do recieving and shipping and inventory. Always active in any kind of work. Moving furniture & appliance and updating price tag. Always smile and keep myself safe and team in away to any dangerous things.

Perfect job for university students

So far, my experience here has been great. Sure there are some cons to my position, but the pros definitely outweigh them. The experience really depends on what you make of the job. There are many aspects that my co-workers may not like about the position, but for me, I never let the tiny, stupid things affect me. Additionally, there are some stressing situations (such as dealing with an overwhelming number of pick-ups) but ultimately it really depends on how you can handle stress. In terms of co-workers, most of the people I have worked with have been very nice and easy to get along with (although there always is that one self-entitled person who thinks they are above others). My supervising manager is, without a doubt, the best manager that I have ever worked with. She is very relatable, as well as easy to talk to. Not only that, she treats me and everyone around us with the respect they deserve. The most enjoyable part of the job, for me, is when I deal with amazing customers who are happy to talk to me. Usually when that happens, I will more than likely go out of my way to ensure that the customer leaves here with a smile on their face.

Pros

Flexible schedule, great co-workers, low stress

Cons

Higher-ups

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Brick. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement