The Brick

The Brick Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative118 reviews
Canada118 reviews

Nice office

Lots of nice people. Management are ok.Schedules are not great as you have to work every other weekend. Work can be stressful depending on the department you are in.

Terrible, overworked

constantly being undermined by management, when you ask for help they respond by saying you should know this instead of answering a question. Management will rarely return phone calls to customers resulting in angry customers. No room for advancement. Avoid at all costs your mental health deserves better than this place

Pros

Some of the staff

Cons

No advancement management doesn't care

Insights into The Brick

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job

Would not recommend

A typical day at the Brick consists of dealing with things on your own all while management watches. This makes it very hard for us to take our breaks (30 minutes payed, 30 minutes unpayed which they don't tell you about when you get hired). I was there for 1 1/2 years and that factor remained consistent. When it came to customer escalations, the managers would push it to the back of their tasks as the same customers would continuously call, asking for a follow up, which would force the CSR's to deal with it unless the customers decide to come in. The only team work is really within the representatives in customer service. We helped each other because management wouldn't. I learned a lot from working here, nonetheless, on how to deal with customers. Favouritism plays an important role in this company.

Pros

your fellow coworkers, some of the benefits

Cons

no help from management

good place to work

good place to work, day went by fairly quickly. took calls from customers and answered questions. pay is good as well, lunch breaks are good, work life balance is good.

Fun workplace

Good environment to work, lively, and very fun. The staff is friendly and easy to work with. Great experience, would recommend to work at The Brick.

Micromanagement

Micromanagement, dishonestly, lack or support, bad salary, no opportunities and favouritismThey will not promote unless you work there more than 10 years

Pros

You can work less hours

Cons

Dont pay well

Mixed feelings

I had a very weird experience at The Brick. Customers were mostly upset, some rules had exceptions, which also had rules; management would change rules and make it seem like it was always like that. Co-workers were fine, but lots of gossip and fawning over.

Not a Productive Place to work at all

Job was boring and the environment was not friendly at all. Arrogant Managers. The staff are rude and they will choose only people they like to talk to

Toxic Management

No structured training, learn on the fly. Management at store level mostly useless. Coworkers generally great but compensation so terrible. Shady business practices

Don't do it.

CSR at the Brick, your job is just to be yelled at for 8 hours by people who broke their cheap furniture and are made the warranty is written to screw up. Don't do it, man.

Amazing family like workplace. Nothing like any other.

A workplace like no other. Everyone is compassionate towards their fellow associates and always there to pull the weight off their shoulders when needed. The structure is like absolutely no other Brick and the atmosphere is unbelievable. If you want professional, you want to work at The Brick in Belleville.

don't bother

You are overworked, stressed and yelled at by customers all for bad pay. They do not care about their employees at all. I worked for 4 years and each year it progressively got worse and I got more miserable.

Pros

nothing really

Cons

long hours, little pay, stress and disrespectful/entitled customers

Stressful

Stay away from this company. Does not provide sufficient training. No time to relax. Always over worked. does not provide sufficient training. No way you can escalate your problems.

Pros

Cons

Make you work for other 2 departments.

Bad management

There is no passion for customer service and employees choose to play on their cell phones rather than take a call. Employees come in up to 2.5 hours late on a regular basis leaving the new person alone to man the customer service desk. Twice a salesman called me pretending to be an irate customer thinking it was funny. This caused me unnecessary stress and wasted my time (company time) while real customers waiting for their calls to be answered. Management supported this type of behavior and I was let go because I didn't fit into the work culture. I was never late..never called in sick and never used my cell phone on company time. I certainly didn't fit into this work culture as it goes against my work ethic.

Pros

Cons

Bad management

An okay place to work

Working as a customer service rep at The Brick was not the worst job in the world. The pay was pretty bad considering the amount of computer programs, policies, and duties I had to be aware of. Also as a CSR you will be at the mercy of the salespeople. They will straight up lie to customers and you will have to deal with the fallout. Management and fellow CSRs were great to work with, but the salespeople are some of the most entitled people you will meet. A fellow CSR quit after a salesperson blew up at them for some idiotic reason and the salesperson did not even get a reprimand.

Pros

Decent working conditions

Cons

Salespeople are pr*cks

Horrible

I was never given proper training and was told many times to lie to customers. I got yelled at for product not being on (time due to the pandemic) and many times we would forward the call because they were a “bad” customer. I got let go because I had to get a COVID test after a co worker kept coming into work knowing that they had just gotten tested and I am at risk with that being said the brick made everyone go to work as usual and did not do anything

Pros

Prefer for you to not take breaks

Sales

Sales department is worst avoid like plague. Sales department manager and store manager are horrible. You have to sell their third class insurance not product.

Pros

You learn Cheating

Cons

Horrible experiences

Wouldn't recommend, they don't value you

If you need help with something, good luck, management will get mad at you and send you off to a different manager; then if you do what that manager told you, the other one will get mad and ask you why you did such thing... Very contradictory and frustrating. The schedule is super random, you may be up to work 9 days in a row without notice. You won't feel valued here, they won't do much for you. Lastly, breaks: they claim that you have 2 15min breaks (+30min lunch), but you'll hardly take those, as if the office is somewhat busy or there are only 2 people there at the moment (even when it's been dead the whole day), they'll make a bad face and tell you no.

Pros

Good colleagues in CSR department.

Cons

Bad management.

Sucks.

They do not respect the employees and there outside lives. Got a volunteer position over covid, and they fired me because my availability wasn't the same as when the laid me off. Pathetic. Seriously, don't waste your time. Employees in that place are on a constant revolve.

Pros

None.

Cons

Everything.

Too much stress

No help from management.They hire me for office work asked me to perform cashier’s job as well.they need to provide more effective training and help during training period

Horrible company to work for

Customer service representatives (CSR) run the store, especially since there are so many problems with peoples furniture, delivery, experience and no credit was given to us and no raises. The pay is basically minimum wage even though we litterally got yelled at everyday. The customers were extremely nasty because the policies were not in favour of them. Everyones mental health working there went extremely downhill because of how bad the job environment is. It is not worth it at all. Its just a big capitalist company who doesn't care about their employees. CSR's are at the very bottom even though they do the most. Now let's talk about the covid protocol. Working there was so unsafe. The screens didn't even cover the whole counter so you were always in contact with customers. Sales reps would always come into the CSR office when they were not allowed to because they interact with customers on the floor. After numerous complaints to management nothing was done. Pros: schedule was very flexible and sometimes free food

Pros

Flexible schedule, sometimes free food

Cons

Minimum wage, ruins mental health, covid protocols are unsafe, no credit for your work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Brick. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement