The Brick logo
The Brick

The Brick Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Can be a fun place to work at.

Most of the people are ok to work with. From what I've seen, it's like being in high school all over again. Since it's mainly a commission base pay, if you help someone else's clients, they have a hard time sharing the commission.

Pros

Some free meals when you are required to work an event.

Cons

It's commissioned work mainly, plus a tiny wage.

The worst place to work

Poor and inexperienced management (Park Royal). Fires people over the phone and takes advantage of new comers who work there that don’t know employment law by not paying any severance when he fires them. Low pay, favoritism, no work life balance. Not recommended.

Pros

Cons

Poor management

The worst company I have worked for

I should've known from day one that this job was going to be a nightmare. The company on a whole was the absolute worst company I have ever had the displeasure of working for. The job culture constantly felt tense and toxic. Everyone was out for themselves in management. I would liken it to rats fleeing a sinking ship. Every day felt like your department was going to be cut because of who was actually in control of The Brick. The department I worked in was full of over worked, over stressed, under paid toxic personality traits that you had to work in close proximity with every day. No one cared except for maybe one of my co-workers and in the end was the very first job I had to take a sick leave from due to stress and the toxic work environment that was created by the people I worked with and the company itself. Would not recommend anyone work there if they can help it.

Pros

"Bistro" in the building (garbage food however)

Cons

Toxic work environment, bad management, no support.

Very low salary

Low salary, not benefits for the part time workers, nobody cares about nobody, back pains and long hours, after 3 years no increase salary and not benefits at all.

Cons

Very bad place

Terrible. Do not recommend.

To be frank, you are a number to them. Replaceable at any time unless you are a top sales writer. Then you can be untouchable. Management and District Managers are: childish, unprofessional, and will dehumanize, and demoralize you, unless you are “in”. As long as they’re profiting, you are a cog in their machine, and once you stop being profitable or useful you become an inconvenience. The reason there is never any room for a liveable wage is they have it set up so managers bonus from staying under budget every quarter. They stay under budget by not giving out raises or fixing up their stores. Letting their employees work for less with less to ensure they get an extra money bonus every month. This company needs a serious turn around on how they interpret their employees, policies, and the pay structure.

Pros

Cons

Working for this company

fast paced

retail is getting tougher not all people can handle the new stressed customers . it takes a strong smart person to succeed. The weak never make it they just blame others for their failure.

Pros

busy environment

Cons

retail hours

Fair enough to start with

Depends on what department you are into. But from where I am, I would say, I've made the right decision.SUPERIORS - are great especially my boss becouse he leads by example.CO-WORKERS - mostly are great. Just stay away to negative people and you will get the job done. Just prove yourself and don't get intimidated.PAY - fairly enough especially if you know how to handle your WANTS versus NEEDS.SUPPORT - they provide what is NEEDED for the job. Sometimes it takes awhile.

Pros

Good for starters

Cons

NONE. If you know how to handle things and don't get too emotional.

Use to be great

When i first started there it was a great place to work. But now its a terrible to work for they don't care about there employees. anymore its now an us against them mentality

Pros

non

Cons

terrible management and work inviroment

Not the greatest place but it could be worse

Doesn't seem to care much for employees, the little guys don't matter much to them, the work is not worth the reward, basically forced into long days, stupid people constantly no one in DC seems to have their head on straight

Super friendly

Best people I ever work with, very generous in sharing experience and knowledge .it s commission base for sales so you have to work hard sometimes for your money but it could be easy after 3 months to get regular cash amount coming in

Cons

Super busy or super quiet

Jobs at The Brick

See more jobs

Besoin de changements

Je n'ai vraiment pas été alaise dans cette compagnie pour plusieurs raisons que je ne souhaite évoquer ici.

Variable ethics

I worked for the company just short of 8 years. The company struggled to recognize diversity and tended to feel they deserved praise when hiring outside the box. That being said, promotions were prioritized to specific groups and there was never a clear understanding of advancement opportunity. The processes are ever changing and not clear or concise and at a store level employees are treated even poorer with some management members working many more hours than should be tolerable with little to no benefit.

Pros

Discounts on furniture, benefits package, company contests.

Cons

No appreciation, no training, lacking diversity, promotions based on friendships not skills, toxic work culture

Awesome place to work!!

Always a fun environment, the staff and management are all there to meet the goals set out by the company and look after the customers needs first and foremost.

Environnement de travail sous pression

Les gérants pousse +++++++ les plans de services, vente d'accessoires lampe etc car comissionné à 10% aucun salaire préétablie donc peu arriver parfois de devoir de l'argent à la compagnie si n'arrive pas à atteindre le salaire minimum alors la paie suivante vous tomber en dessous du salaire minimum. Aucune reconnaissance personnelle alors vous êtes reconnu la journée même si vous avez faite une belle journée de vente car rapporte beaucoup d'argent à l'entreprise au détriment de vous même. Emploi+++sous pression. Si vous recherché l'insécurité et un bas salaire cet emploi est pour vous.Par ailleurs, mesures covid peu respecté, vendeurs avec masque en dessous du nez à maintes reprises.Gérant ne porte aucune action contre les personnes concernés.

Pros

aucun

Cons

beaucoup

Horrible

I was never given proper training and was told many times to lie to customers. I got yelled at for product not being on (time due to the pandemic) and many times we would forward the call because they were a “bad” customer. I got let go because I had to get a COVID test after a co worker kept coming into work knowing that they had just gotten tested and I am at risk with that being said the brick made everyone go to work as usual and did not do anything

Pros

Prefer for you to not take breaks

Worst place to work at

Worst place to work at and worst attitude from customer service The manager is a back stabber The sales people are very bad Will never be back there to work or shop

Part of the clique

Worked as sales for about 6 months then went to truck and merch. Sales was full-time, good experience for never been in sales however the environment surrounding was that of High School level politics. Grown adults fueding over prospective sales (understandably that's the gig) the level of division amongst the sales team that stemmed down the employee line through to the warehouse and trucking. Sales only cares about that - Merchandise / Warehouse workers as well as those on the Truck truly go above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction. In my experience on the truck more times that I can recollect the driver and I would either move furniture / appliances we were not authorized to nor was it safe however due to customers tendency to exploit the complaint system to management our personal safety was disregarded for the sale. Rarely expect management to have your back unless on sales. In sum, The Brick Corp is doing an exemplary job is sticking to its corporate values undermining humanity and comradarie.

Pros

Hour Lunch, Customers do sometimes appreciate you going the extra mile

Cons

Long hours on truck (12hr+ days sometimes), Lack of support from Management

Busy and fun environment. Never a dull moment

Great company to work for. District manager, owner and others from Head office are very down to earth and take the time to get to know you. Best company I have worked for hands down. Very welcoming and eager to help you succeed.

Pros

Management is eager to help you succeed and approachable

Cons

Long hours - hard to get everything you need done in a day

One of the most toxic/frustrating jobs to have.

Bad management... Long hours. Straight commission, with top ups that you owe over due time there. No insurance for associates, nor benefits for associates.Toxic work environment between associates and management. With management letting go people on a daily basis.

Pros

Free lunches some times. Discount

Cons

Long hours, comission, daily un obtainable targets. Toxic associates

Enjoyed all employees to work with!!

Good place to work but wages are very poor for the scope of the job and some of the interactions with customers you have to deal with!! Would still be there i wnjoyed working there but wages were to poor to stay!!

I enjoyed going to work traveling town to town and meeting new people

It was a physically demanding job that requires working with your hands and problem solving skills which I very much enjoyed along with traveling

Pros

Meeting new people and traveling to different towns daily

Cons

Long hours way past closing time and we weren't getting paid overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Brick. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement