The Brick Employee Reviews

no productive and no fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 September 2018
Working in the brick was one of my bad experience in my life because the environment was unprofessional, unethical and unhealthy. The co-workers were bullying each other and fight for their commission. The hardest part of the job was very long hours and sometime don't get a chance on break, stand; whole day with my feet without have a break. The most enjoyable part to work as a sale person and explain about the promotion. Overall, it was a horrible place for me to work.
worked here 3 years with no raise
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 September 2018
worked at the brick beacon hill for 3 years before finally getting a $1 raise... when the federal government implemented a mandatory $15 minimum wage.
Good experience, poor management
Corporate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 September 2018
This was my first real position in my field and it has completely made me rethink my career path. I did learn a lot, but the training wasn't great as I filled a position that was urgent. The people that I worked with were some of the best people I have had the pleasure to know, but management was terrible. The three managers above me were dishonest, sneaky, and the definition of fake friends. I witnessed morale in the corporate office plummet to the lowest it has been in years due to mismanagement. I enjoyed my time there for about 8-10 months, and started looking for other employment after that. Overtime worked doesn't matter when you're on salary. When you try to cash in on that time and leave a little early you're reprimanded, but if you don't work the overtime in the first place you're also reprimanded. It's not a company that treats its employees like family, it is a company that doesn't seem to know that your employees are your strongest asset.
Pros
Great coworkers, good initial learning opportunity
Cons
Poor management
Great fast paced place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB4 September 2018
The brick helped me grow into a great worker. I worked here during high school and they taught me what it meant to work hard and work as a team. Overall great place to work no matter age or job title
i loved it there
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB4 September 2018
i no longer work there because it came to a point where i wasn't happy and had to go for personal reasons and the boss did want me to stay but i had to go my own way, see for more info.
It's okay?
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB23 August 2018
This place can be extremely rewarding if you are a favorite, however, if you are not you will be bounced around from corner to corner. This is too much stress to make enough money to provide for yourself, let alone your family. Throughout my time that I was there I never had the same manager for more than 3 months, as people seem to fly through this company.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Odd requirements, too much stress with not enough reward.
Good Manager bad place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 July 2018
As a Sales representative you can expect to work under the pressure 24/7. You work only on commission and if you wanna make more than minimum wage you have to work more than 40 hours week. Tipically the top sales people work every single day.

However, even working on commission you cannot define your schedule. It’s expected from you working 8 hours and 30 min a day. You have to get there 30 min earlier to clean your area. After that you can start working.

The environment is very competitive, and you feel underpaid for the kind of job. There are so many unrealistic goals to achieve that you will feel you are a horrible sales person even when you are doing great.

The only positive thing was my store manager, who is a nice guy.
Pros
The manager
Cons
Almost everything
Great people, fun staff but very low overall wage and lousy Gm.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK18 July 2018
show up on time is the best, being late is obviously a no-no and early you'll get hounded by the gm about non essential garbage before you even have your sunglasses off.

the staff other than that are rather amazing, helpful and mostly everyone gets along in and outside of the workplace. definitely the best part of the job.

the hours and shifts are all over the place, you never have a set schedule and are constantly moving around your home schedules, appointments, daycare and such just to fit. this becomes a job in itself. not a good place to work if you still want to have an outside life

hardest part is dealing with the low stock levels and constant push back of orders. not pleasant dealing with clients who are upset after their orders get pushed back a month or so time and time again. and who can blame them for being upset. Head office doesn't care about its staff or customers!!!
Pros
Staff
Cons
Stock Levels and General Manager
Job security
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QC29 June 2018
Lazy managers, the company is poorly managed and many employees take advantage of that
Cheap on equipment
Repeatedly make mistakes on payroll.
Comprehensive if you miss days
Will always pay you to the last dime
Pros
job security
Cons
poorly managed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 June 2018
Great team of people supporting you -sales driven commission atmosphere so must be ready to work and continuously learn new product knowledge. Great opportunities for advancement.
great place to work
General Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB20 June 2018
I really enjoyed working at the brick. It is a very fast paced sales environment but there was always room for advancement and some of my best mentors came from this job
A great place for working.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC22 May 2018
There was a good place to work with good people. I was working as a sales consultant with 100 commission based salary. It was a little bit hard to handle your job but after a short period, I was happy. I got the title of the best salesperson in BC for 8 non-consecutive months and 3 times the best salesperson on nationwide.
Pros
some benefits
good for part time
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 May 2018
Its not a bad job at all in my honest opinion, life and school caught up with me and i couldnt do much about it so i had to go my own way. If you need a part time job give it a shot
Pros
hours flexible/free food
Cons
a bit strict depending on manger
Great place to cut your teeth
General Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 May 2018
A fun work environment to learn the craft of sales. You get to interact with a lot of clients to build up your skill set. Mentorship and training has fallen off from mid 2000’s but I hear it’s still a fun place to work. If your serious about sales here is a good place to start, if your good move on once your ready.
Pros
Can move up quickly if your good
Cons
Long hours/extensive black out periods for vacation
A lot of work
Shipping/Receiving Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 May 2018
Hard work but it was rewarding. It is what you'd expect from a warehouse job. The warehouse is very clean and the company pays well. If you work hard there is room to advance.
Not a good workplace in any way.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  1587 REGENT Winnipeg, MB26 April 2018
This workplace is workhorse mentality. It may claim to be a Canadian company but it doesn't show Canadian qualities when it comes to their staff. You are on full commission, of course, but you are also on an up board system which means you could be wasting a lot of time with a customer that clearly is not purchasing and you are not allowed to leave them nor are you allowed to go back on the board to get a new customer to try to earn an income. it is a bad business model. It is archaic.There is so much wrong within this company that I would need a week to novel it.
These days I am trying to be more positive.
great job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC22 April 2018
Very good place to increase your knowledge of technology and also, learn how to improve your selling skills, great working here!!! the management is a bit pushy though at times
Not a Good Place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON20 April 2018
Not a good place to work. Started with lots of hours, over 30. Ended with 12 hours per week. A little hard to pay your bills. Managers play favorites. They hire relatives of co workers. Those workers are given maximum hours. Senior employees are cut back. No training provided.
Pros
Cons
few hours unless you are related to someone else in the store
Get ready to work hard
Delivery Driver/Mover (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON17 April 2018
Hard work and long hours is the name of game here. I learned the value of a hard days work at the Brick. Management was okay and the culture was laid back for the most part.
friendly environment
Customer Service Representative (Part time) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 April 2018
good experience to gain in fast paced friendly environment by handling warranty claims, phone calls, emails in a specific time. Processed purchases using cash register and completed cash out at shift end ensuring a balanced cash drawer.