The Brick Employee Reviews

Productive sales orientated company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON15 January 2020
Good place to work.
Management pushed hard to get extended warranties as part of the sale
Problems with back orders not coming in on time.
The people who worked there were very nice
Don’t work here!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ON12 January 2020
The environment is stressful and the people that work there are mean, you will be set up for failure because the training program lacks direction and clarity.
Pros
Pay/benefits
Cons
Horrible management, back stabbing and bullying company culture.
Fun place to work with awsome management
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC12 January 2020
A decent company to work for. The pay grades could be better though.
Would recommend if you are looking for a company with training and growth opportunities for employees.
a typical day at work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 January 2020
Hardest part was hitting the numbers required through the day do to lack of organization for example trying to pick a certain item and it not being in the location it’s supposed to be or you getting to it and it’s been damaged and it hasn’t been brought to a supervisors attention
Brick
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON2 January 2020
It needs to pay the dedicated people more money to make it worth working for the company. More events to encourage staff and employees that they are appreciated.
Could've been great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON30 December 2019
Management in dire need of training. Store manager has no people skills. Too interested in cell phone to help. Operations manager is completely hostile. Sales manager was cool. Staff was awesome.
great workplace would reccomend
Scanner on Inbound Floor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 December 2019
I enjoyed this job theres really good workmates in a fast paced environment with many opportunities for promotion. Management is easygoing and well organised.
Fast-paced and stressful
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON18 December 2019
Pay heavily depends on who walks in the door when it is your turn to greet customers. Fast-paced on some days but can also be very slow. I get along well with my coworkers even when there are discrepancies with sales.
Bestest work place.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Whitehorse, YT18 December 2019
I am been working at brick 6months now, the world best working place ever,peaceful enviroment,cooperative staff. Super cool mangers. I love this job. Its fabulous.
Good place to start with
CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Mississauga14 December 2019
I joined brick as a consultant and had a great experience while learning.once you get used to it it becomes a habit. People are working from last 15-20 years over there.
Amazing staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC9 December 2019
The management/ senior customer service rep did an amazing job in training. They were very understanding when unfortunate events came up and always had a smile on their face. I would recommend the brick chilliwack a million times over!
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 December 2019
Overall great place to work providing flexibility and generous compensation and benefits. Management is supportive and timely updates on promotion and helping close deals.
Okay for short term
Shipper & Receiver (Former Employee) –  170th ave Edmonton6 December 2019
The Brick is the type of place that’s okay to work if you’re in a pinch but should never be seen as a long term job. It’s okay for a few months if you need a pay check but don’t stop looking even if they hire you. The overall employees that work there are good down to earth guys but the management team is rather shady and dishonest in their goals.
Just no.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 December 2019
Don't. Just don't.

Unless you are an exceptionally talented salesperson, but in that case, you'd still be better off finding work elsewhere.

If you are operations inclined, they will grind you into dust and blow you into the wind with their apathy.
Great people
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC27 November 2019
Met many lifelong friends working at the distribution centre. Absolutely enjoyed my time at The Brick. The culture is fun, upbeat and fast paced. People work hard and take pride in what they do.
Ok place to work at, long term not the best option
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, ON26 November 2019
With the few slow months, you gotta get good at budgeting to get through them. 100% commission with long shifts. Co workers are super competitive and will do anything they can to make it out on top. Hardest part of the job is making sure customers see you to purchase product when they come back.
Commie expéditions
Commie expéditions (Former Employee) –  Pointe-aux-trembles, QC25 November 2019
Charger le camion et décharger et faire livraison faire le emballage et aussi faire donner le marchandise par le client et le ménage dans l'entrepôt, mes dans magasin j'aime beaucoup travailler the brick mes quoi j'aime pas sais le recyclage et rapidement pour tout la journée. Le salaire est bien, le sécurité the brick sais correct,
Pros
Oui
Cons
Non
Enjoyed Working For Them
Commissioned Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 November 2019
Was enjoying my time working for them and made me feel like I was back home again within the major home fashions industry where I could continue my career and my sales growth. Was displeased with how I was notified that my time was finished with them the day before my 3 months was up considering that I have been in the industry for more than 5 years with two prior employers and was transferred to another store to help them close it down, before I was let go on day 89. Felt that they may have made a mistake in letting a hard worker who was still trying to learn The Brick culture with a proven sales track record go too early in order to find out what kind of long-term employee I could have become with them.
Job is hard and salary is less.
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC9 November 2019
Salary is not enough as per the hardness of the work you will be paid same even if you do overtime.
They are short of employees and you will be pushed to not take breaks.
Not the greatest
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 November 2019
The pay for what i do is low i do all the floor moves for furniture i ship things between stores and have to train and teach others and much much more

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Brick. Our community is ready to answer.