The Brick Employee Reviews

If you're a hardworker
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON14 November 2018
The place isnt bad to work at the work is decent like any other job in this category. The management is toxic and you get treated like absolute garbage and not like a human being. This location needs an undercover boss to see how the employees actually get treated it's that bad. They also try to get you to do unsafe work.
Cons
Management, not flexable, toxic
sales people were fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC1 November 2018
terrible place horrible pay, company does anything they can to make money and pay sales people less. you are forced to try and sell to people as you are desperate to make money
Pros
some very nice people
Cons
can't make a living no a/c cold in winter
Too much pressure
Sales Associate (full-time) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 October 2018
Very productive company but too much advertising hence a lot of pressure on sales associate to perform well and put in long hours , lowering the rate of commission in case of a price match .
Pros
Very active and uptodate
Cons
Too much pressure
Do not work at the brick hamilton upper james
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 October 2018
Half of the staff in customer service have no idea what they are doing and another half just hates their job. 80% of the calls are frustrated customers whose deliveries have been delayed , furniture damaged etc. I worked there as a part time and they wouldn't give me a single shift in like 2 weeks. Do not work for this certain The Brick location.
Pros
Cons
Do not work here
Hard work only rewarded with mediocre pay and managers desiring even better performance from hard working employees
Customer Service/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 October 2018
Pros: Flexible hours except during September and December. Friendly employees; possibly the most nice and understanding employees at the lower end of the workforce hierarchy.

Cons: Expect to be doing back breaking work without acknowledgement from the company. Pay is NOT worth it and could be found at any other job. Enjoy the luxury of lifting fridges, couches, ovens, and more without ever being allowed to take five minutes to stretch or recover stamina unless being told you're unproductive is something that one could enjoy. Must work for at least 5 Years for advancement depending on department.
Pros
Barbaque/Lunch event for free once a month, Employee discounts on furniature and appliances (although overwritten by sales), flexible hours
Cons
Awful pay for the work done/effort required
Good Place to work
Advertising Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 October 2018
Typical day - 9-10 hours, learned a lot, management was good until the end, most enjoyable part is we all had fun in most of the things the company put on for their employee's.
Pros
Free Lunches
Fun people to work with
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Goderich, ON22 October 2018
Loved my time there great group to work with. The hours are great. Work Tuesday to Saturday delivering fridge Furniture across Southwestern Ontario very enjoyable
great co workers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Penticton, BC18 October 2018
the main manager is terrible absolutely rude doesn't train new people at all then gets mad when you have no idea what you are doing but the rest of the people who work there are amazing.
Pros
paid 30 min lunch
Cons
the store manager
Great Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Gibsons, BC14 October 2018
Good Company to work for. Treated employees well..Fair pay. Lots of learning resources. Fun environment. Would work there again..............................
productive and fun
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 October 2018
great place and excellent working environment really good managers, but is not a place to stay for years this is a job for high school students or new Canadians
productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 October 2018
A typical day at work includes working with awesome people, being taught by knowledgeable co-workers and welcomed into a great and fun job culture.
Teaches you the skills and background foundation to develop your sales skills for future endeavours.
I would never recommend working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC25 September 2018
The brick was one of the worst companies I've ever worked for. If you have kids be prepared to be told by the 2nd day you work there "if I would have known you where a single mom I would have never hired you" and if I had to ever pick my kid up because he was too sick to be in daycare I was threatened that I would be fired. even if you are not a single parent and had family duties to take care of hiring laws and family act laws keep your job safe and the brick clearly does not care. the brick does not pay their employees enough to treat their staff like absolute garbage they had little to no respect for their staff will fight and argue in from of customers about the most petty things. I have never quit a job so fast in my life.
Pros
Other sales staff are friendly.
Cons
Managment, staff arguing loudly infront of customers, horrible training program, not family friendly
no productive and no fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 September 2018
Working in the brick was one of my bad experience in my life because the environment was unprofessional, unethical and unhealthy. The co-workers were bullying each other and fight for their commission. The hardest part of the job was very long hours and sometime don't get a chance on break, stand; whole day with my feet without have a break. The most enjoyable part to work as a sale person and explain about the promotion. Overall, it was a horrible place for me to work.
worked here 3 years with no raise
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 September 2018
worked at the brick beacon hill for 3 years before finally getting a $1 raise... when the federal government implemented a mandatory $15 minimum wage.
Fun Time
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON13 September 2018
Work in the office and take calls send emails, process invoices and payments, I learned how the furniture store operates, Management was easy going, down to earth and very appreciative, always providing incentives, I didn't have any trouble with my duties and really enjoyed the whole job.
Pros
Incentives and lovely work team
Cons
Random work shifts
Good experience, poor management
Corporate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 September 2018
This was my first real position in my field and it has completely made me rethink my career path. I did learn a lot, but the training wasn't great as I filled a position that was urgent. The people that I worked with were some of the best people I have had the pleasure to know, but management was terrible. The three managers above me were dishonest, sneaky, and the definition of fake friends. I witnessed morale in the corporate office plummet to the lowest it has been in years due to mismanagement. I enjoyed my time there for about 8-10 months, and started looking for other employment after that. Overtime worked doesn't matter when you're on salary. When you try to cash in on that time and leave a little early you're reprimanded, but if you don't work the overtime in the first place you're also reprimanded. It's not a company that treats its employees like family, it is a company that doesn't seem to know that your employees are your strongest asset.
Pros
Great coworkers, good initial learning opportunity
Cons
Poor management
Great fast paced place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB4 September 2018
The brick helped me grow into a great worker. I worked here during high school and they taught me what it meant to work hard and work as a team. Overall great place to work no matter age or job title
i loved it there
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB4 September 2018
i no longer work there because it came to a point where i wasn't happy and had to go for personal reasons and the boss did want me to stay but i had to go my own way, see for more info.
It's okay?
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB23 August 2018
This place can be extremely rewarding if you are a favorite, however, if you are not you will be bounced around from corner to corner. This is too much stress to make enough money to provide for yourself, let alone your family. Throughout my time that I was there I never had the same manager for more than 3 months, as people seem to fly through this company.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Odd requirements, too much stress with not enough reward.
Good Manager bad place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 July 2018
As a Sales representative you can expect to work under the pressure 24/7. You work only on commission and if you wanna make more than minimum wage you have to work more than 40 hours week. Tipically the top sales people work every single day.

However, even working on commission you cannot define your schedule. It’s expected from you working 8 hours and 30 min a day. You have to get there 30 min earlier to clean your area. After that you can start working.

The environment is very competitive, and you feel underpaid for the kind of job. There are so many unrealistic goals to achieve that you will feel you are a horrible sales person even when you are doing great.

The only positive thing was my store manager, who is a nice guy.
Pros
The manager
Cons
Almost everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Brick. Our community is ready to answer.