The Brick Employee Reviews

a fun day every mounth
inbound (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 March 2019
its so hard to work there, they even dont have many people applying there so when i took the three day course before i started i fail but ether way the teacher let me pass and he changed some wrong answer. And theyre even paying the agency worker more than regular by 7 dollar per hours and still they didnt learn to increase for regular worker so they dont leave and since they didnt increase im out
Pros
only free lunch the first 3 days
Cons
hard work they say max lifting is 70 lb but actually its like 110 lb
Good place
Merchandise Associate (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON10 March 2019
Good place to work at. Good people to work with. For the most part, the management was pretty good. Workplace culture was really good, a lot of the people got along with each other
Horrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 March 2019
Poor management, treated employees horribly. I’ve never been called useless more in my life. Worked for this company for over 5 years, I left with anxiety disorders and daily panic attacks.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor management.
Training management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC26 February 2019
Not enough training
Poor management
Employees are rude
Stressed work
They want you to work like pro
Not enough hours
Lots of reports to work on
If co works doesn’t like you, u are fried
Pros
30 min break
Cons
Short hours
Horrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC11 February 2019
Horrible place to work. Management requires you to stay within 10 feet of your customer at all time and constantly up sell product that the customers do not want. They work off an up board so if a customer walks in to go to customer service that is your customer till they leave the store and you go to the bottom of the list and will have to wait till you are next on the list. If you work with a customer and they plan to come back to buy later you had best be there when they come back or another sales person will step in and finish the sale and take half of the commission.
Pros
You have a lot of free time to sit on a couch and wait for customers
Cons
Long hours. Poor managment.
Management there could use some work
Earned management (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 February 2019
The Management at the brick is all over the place, there was never a time I worked there and when I went in I felt like the management was getting something positive done. Constantly where they running around telling their employees to do something and then 10 minutes later have a different boss come in and tell you to drop what you're doing to go do there task, meanwhile boss #1 comes back and sees his task uncompleted and then takes repercussions out on you. DO NOT BE SUPRISED if one day you come in and they treat you like everything is fine and then fire you with 4 hours remaining on your shift.
Pros
The money
Cons
Everything else about that place.
I loved Working Here
General Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK30 January 2019
Although The Brick gets a bad rap from some of its customers, it was a surprisingly good place to work, depending on the Regional manager you had at the time.
Pros
Discounts!
Cons
Regional Manager Roulette
13 February 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are proud to thank our employees for their good work and the discounts are one way of doing it.

Was great for the most part
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON29 January 2019
Sales manager was awesome.
Sales people were great help learning.
Store manager was not pleasant.
Deal with a lot of angry customers when their items don't arrive on time.
Pros
Good income
Cons
No stock on site
Trash
Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2019
Worst place to work nightshift. Was hired as a Operator for O.P didnt touch the machine once to pick . Constant lifting . Always having to load and lift product beyond 100lbs your self.
Summary listed
Customer Service/ Line-Haul (Former Employee) –  Burnaby Lake City B.C.18 January 2019
Each Day meet with staff in both Dist/Fleet update on Company Events/Promotions, create a buzz. Planned Staff Events.. Staff recognition (Employee of the month/Anniverserys/ etc) Advise Staff of Corporate Updates. Importantly listen to all staff feed back and address any issues they may have.
Pros
Keep an open Staff Communication Line
Cons
Never let staff issues go unanswered
14 February 2019

Thanks for sharing you experience. Communication and recognition to our employees is one of our priority. We want everyone to feel they can express themselves anytime!

Want to know more about The Brick?

Ask a question
Staff are great people employees treated poorly at times by some management
Csr (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB6 January 2019
I worked here for almost 3 months never had a complaint from a customer on me was never brought into the office regarding poor performance had a meeting with management to see where we were at at about the two and a half months mark and at that time all that was mentioned to me was that I needed to take initiative to find out more of what hasn't been done in the office that day when I come in because I didn't start at the beginning of the day and that I needed to make sure that my notes were up to date after that meeting I did exactly what was asked of me then two weeks after that I was fired when I asked for a reason I was told that I just wasn't a good fit the supervisor directly involved in my training was terrible she didn't train me for more than 2 days and the rest of the time she relied on the other staff working in customer service to train me and that was difficult because these other people have their own job to do it wasn't their responsibility to train it was the supervisors and in my opinion how well an employee is trained is directly a reflection of the quality of the supervisors ability to train they require you to take notes on all the different processes which I can understand it's a lot to remember make sense unfortunately they don't provide you with any notes or help you very much in creating these notes so how am I supposed to make notes on processes if I don't know what processes we do working at this location you weren't allowed to take a sick day unless somebody else in the office was willing to cover your shift otherwise you were told you had to come  more... in sick I experienced four occasions where my supervisor got into an argument and started yelling with a customer and as an employee I saw a way to rectify the situation without fighting but was unable to say anything because this is supposed to be the supervisor dealing with this an example but not so much and definitely not in an appropriate manner I think that the store manager is not aware of poorly the training program is here because I think he's being fed what he wants to hear and he's not around or able to watch enough as he has his own work to do I actually feel sorry for him because he's a really nice person I do not recommend working here  less
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Poor training practices, listening to unhappy customers daily and not being allowed to take a day off when you're sick
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North York, ON6 January 2019
Great place to work for, management team there are phenomenal. Staff are pleasant and always willing to help. There are no regrets working for The Brick.
Pros
Management always willing to work with you in any circumstances
Cons
Not much advancement
14 February 2019

Thanks for sharing your experience! Team work is one of our values! We want to offer as much opportunity of advancement as we can. Please do not hesitate to reach out to your management team to see what possibilities can be offered to you. Ask them about our manager in training program!

CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC14 December 2018
There is no communication between managers is they are never on the same page. There is no proper training programs for new staff. Most sales consultants do not understand how extended warranties work for products and are sold incorrectly.
Pros
flexible
Cons
management
Great work environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 December 2018
Loved the worked environment. Very chill and easily to get along with supervisors. Loved getting up and going to work everyday. Wasn't a very challenging job as I workout 4 times a week with heavy weights.
horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 December 2018
not a nice place to work
the customers are miserable and so is the management lol
save yourself some stress .............................................
Warehouse great environment
Senior inbound operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 December 2018
I spent almost 8 years here, the people are amazing, the work is enough to keep you busy the whole day and there is great job security
I would highly recommend working for the brick
Pretty relaxed atmosphere
Line Haul Driver (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 November 2018
Was enjoyable place to work for the most part. Never really dealt with Managment that much unless something was wrong. Good group of drivers that worked there and they were helpful and responsible.
Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC14 November 2018
In the typical day in the customer service area was having at least an hour a day just getting yelled at and sales people making everything to extreme. The workplace was 98% male and had sexism and racism as i was not Punjabi and 97% of mu coworkers were. However, the rest of the girls behind the desk worked together to make the days go bye.
Pros
Half hour lunch
Cons
Most of the time i had to work through my lunch at my desk.
If you're a hardworker
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON14 November 2018
The place isnt bad to work at the work is decent like any other job in this category. The management is toxic and you get treated like absolute garbage and not like a human being. This location needs an undercover boss to see how the employees actually get treated it's that bad. They also try to get you to do unsafe work.
Cons
Management, not flexable, toxic
sales people were fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC1 November 2018
terrible place horrible pay, company does anything they can to make money and pay sales people less. you are forced to try and sell to people as you are desperate to make money
Pros
some very nice people
Cons
can't make a living no a/c cold in winter

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Brick. Our community is ready to answer.