The Brick

The Brick Employee Reviews

Canada560 reviews
I worked there for a couple years doing deliveries, some days are harder than others but it’s a pretty good work environment if you like working as a team. Lots of heavy lifting and long days but also decent pay and a chance every year for pay raises depending on your work ethic.
Pros
Cool staff
Cons
Some very long days
This is a bRand new store and already they are having bad habits like favoritism, passing the buck, cattiness among co workers and LOTS of drama and coworkers thinking its ok to be rude to each other. Management is not on the same page. Their products are constantly on backorder, so it makes for a lot of angry customers.
Pros
Good sales training, half hour lunch, great employee discounts
Cons
Drama, cattiness, conflicting managers directions
My experience at The Brick was positive. Great team players, management who encouraged you to do your best. Overall a good experience. If you like sales and like working with the public.
Pros
We sometimes got pizza for achieving targets.
Cons
Hours were variable, depending on how many staff they had in at a time.
I love working at the brick as they have along line of expriced stuff who could go around any situation in problem solving. You alway get an answer and rely adds to you confidence in your caracter.
Place is okay to work for.. Lots of favouritism from management. If you are a favourite you can play on your phone and get away with not doing any work. If you are not a favourite you are expected to pick up the slack from the favourites. Everyone talks behind your back (including managers). You are a slave to sales people, and managers try everything to not help you with escalated customers.
Pros
Can make friends, Christmas party, 1 hour lunch
Cons
Favouritism, cliques, gossip, inappropriate harassment
Poor management ,long hours
The management throw the mistakes on you.

If you want to work there be careful about that report the mistakes and problems when it happens how it happens.
Being new the other employees took advantage, and stole sales and clients. They expected you to give the commissions on all your sales to another sales person for 3 months.
Pros
Ok hours
Cons
Nasty management and employees
For a company that prides on professionalism, they have a clumsy way of training staff. Two days on computer watching random work videos with instructions of "Watch what you think you may need". Then told on third day to shadow someone for an hour then to basically do the job. Very unclear, management was cold and unteeling. Upper management was overheard gaslighting staff and then staff clearly hated the guy. A toxic environment to work in!!
Pros
good sales people
Cons
toxic environment
Vraiment pas pour moi Jai pas aimer l'expérience vraiment plate
Currently hiring new associates before calling laid off associates back. Applied for open positions after lay off and recieved no call backs. Lacking in communication and you get the feeling they are not being totally honest with you.
Pros
Cons
Easily laid off and replaced
With 215 Brick Stores in Canada there are plenty of opportunities for advancement! They promote within. Show up on time, do your job, learn, train and perfect and the world is your oyster at The Brick!
Pros
Promotions, job security, great team
Cons
Can get very busy and hectic
I used to work at The Brick in Langley and I did enjoy working there until one of the Sales Associate was being very disrespectful to me that I didn't even want to work their because his boss didn't even do anything about it even when I went to him for help.
Pros
go for lunch at anytime
Cons
disrespectful workers
I love to work at The Brick help you grow if you worth it . They provide you all the help and Education that you need to grow. one of the best place to start your career
Worked for the brick for 12 years till COVID. Enjoyed the work and the people that came in and the people worked with. Would work for them again given the chance
I didn't like working as a sales associate as you can work with people for hours and then they come in and buy their furniture from another associate and I would get no commission.
No wage, totally commission.
unless your willing to make this job your life's work YOU WILL NOT GET PROMOTED AND YOU WILL NOT GET A RAISE. Peers at this job are rude and commonly do unprofessional things that would get a person fired anywhere else. amazing mid level management though.
Management is rude. Employees are rude. Rules change constantly and dramatically, with some rules not applying to some people. Favouritism runs wild through management. Sales people are asked to put their hard earn sales under “house” so they don’t get their hard earned commission’s, while the company profits completely. You are asked to stay extra hours without pay.
The Brick is a wonderful place to exhibit one's sales talents. I had a wonderful store manager and an amazing General Sales Manager.
I had to leave the job because I relocated to another city otherwise, I would remain with The Brick.
Management was pretty good as far as managers go, co workers were great and very supportive, loved furniture assembly when I was not busy at customer service desk.
Brick store is well known for furniture department as well as department for students and new comers. It helps both in engaging confidence to communicate with customers and help solve issues.
As you work directly with customer you will face a new challenge everyday which sometimes make too much stress but it could be new learning and progressive.