The Brenda Strafford Foundation

The Brenda Strafford Foundation Pay & benefits reviews

Canada83 reviews

Clear
3.6Pay & benefits

They solve any problem as soon as possible.

Employees have more motivation to learn new skills Work life balance benefits Best Words to Describe FunChallengingRewardingCollaborativeFlexible

Pros

They give incentives

Cons

payment is not enough

Why bsf?

I have been working with BSF for years and up to the present. Working here makes me feel valued and a core part of the team. Though at times, workloads can be overwhelming, my job remains stimulating and challenging. Salary and benefits wise, they are competitive enough to keep me working here. More than that, teamwork is never absent. everyone is helpful more so during short staffing. The management listens to anyone's concerns and grievances if there's any. Most of all, the opportunity to grow and develop to achieve measurable results is possible at BSF.

No human right

There’s no human right working at here at all especially during the pandemic. You are only allowed to work one place and no extra shift to pick up, the salary is unfortunately too low to cover your life. If you apply for leave of absence, management will push you to resign. Yes, that is it.

Pros

Cons

Working pressure, horrible management

Fun workplace

Nice place and good organization/management to work with, its fun working with seniors. good environment and all staff are friendly. likewise company benefits are great,

Amazing company

Best place I have every worked. Very easy and friendly people. Made me feel comfortable to learn as it was my first time working as an HCA. Pay better than most places. Overall amazing.

Pros

High paying, benefits, 8 hours only

Great Place to work

*Great benefits such as dental, health and free physio therapy *close to the train station *the management team will help with what ever they can when you are in need

awesome company.

It's a very good company. The benefits is soo good. The most enjoyable part of the job is giving the seniors a good and unforgettable service. I love it.

Poor work conditions and management

I worked for Clifton cannot for over two years. In the beginning I was told that in 6 months when I graduated high school I would be given a full time position, and benefits. When i finally got a full time position after two years, the postion suddenly didnt exsist any more. Without warning my hours were cut and would oven go long periods of time with out having shifts. I felt racially decraminated against by my manager who belittled staff members on a regular basis. Management found any loop whole they could so they didn't have to pay people for full time work and benefits.

Pros

It was close to my house

Cons

Productive and a great place to learn

Brenda Strafford Foundation - Clifton Manor is a very productive workplace where I learnt WCBs, Disability management, Recruitment, Trainings, Performance Management, Employee Intake, Disciplinary Procedures, and handling employee grievances .I actively worked on AVANTI HRIS Software to manage all the employee data such as employment history, Payroll, Performance Reviews, Salary Grades, Codes etc. I had a wonderful experience working in a unionized environment. This organization is working closely with two unions i.e. AUPE and UNA. I had a great opportunity to work on reviewing Collective agreements and HR Policies. I also handled administrative tasks such as filing, fax, scanning and photocopying the documents.My co-workers were quite supportive and professional. I also took the initiative to deliver the trainings to the program managers on Violence prevention at workplace. Overall, it was a great experience working at Brenda Strafford Foundation - Clifton Manor.

Very good staff nice working with them more activities.

Working at Dementia Unit such a challenging job.I learned a lot in regards to their behaviours,mood and needs.But the most thing to make all easy is working with everyone with a team and compassion.Although the hardest part of them is to deal with their behaviour but it was a very enjoyable job because all of them needs you and i know all of us wants to be useful and im happy because you will gain trust.

Pros

more benefits

Cons

pressure

Management Beware

High Middle Management Turnover due to: Poor Work Environment Bullying and Harassment of Management Bad benefits Job enlargement High Stress Cut-backs Backstabbing Lack of Professionalism Everyone Burns out, no exceptions

Pros

The Vision is paved with good intentions but poor senior management

Cons

See Above

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Brenda Strafford Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement