The Brenda Strafford Foundation

The Brenda Strafford Foundation Employee Reviews

Canada10 reviews
Decent job when you are new to health care. Wages are low compared to other companies. Prepare to work short staffed regularly and care for 15-20 residents. If you get injured you will not get hired for other positions even after you have recovered and you will not be rehired. RN staff are only available for education and sit their offices all day or perform administrative duties, they do not participate in care no matter how short staffed the unit is.
I worked at the Okotoks location for many years, it was great at first then once management switched new hands became my worst nightmare, lots of racial discrimination, very poor Staff and residents Care even worse. You would care for 15-20 people on your own then get yelled at for being to slow, proper care is not given to residents and management just want staff who come in, shut up and keep quiet, if you stand up for residents they pick on you and get rid of you. I would never work there again or out a family member in their care.
Pros
Close to where I lived
Garbage company to work. Discrimination and hatred in the air see, feel and take. Stress is high. Management favours only who they like. Staff quits only because of the manager treats unfair. Turnover high.
The Brenda Strafford Foundation lives its values - clients first, Quality, Engagement, Leadership and Compassion. The teams are great and people are supportive of one another. It is truly a team environment.
Worst company to work for. Managers have no clue what they are doing. You work really hard and get absolutely nothing in return. Do not recommend working here!!!!!!
They care about their residents and their staff. Clifton Manor has a family feel to it.
Innovative programs and at the forefront of person centred culture of care.
Since the passing of the owner, the new management has not followed his directives for employee care. No one in the upper management care about anyone except the bottom line. Not really a good attitude for a charitable organization.
Staff there are nice. Easy to approach and they are willing to help in any way they can. I had fun and enjoy the time I was there. The residents are very nice and cooperative as well. Over all, good place.
I learned a lot of things, its helps develop my knowledge, they have a good management, and we enjoy working as team, we have a good teamwork..and the hardest part of my job, was when the first time i start my work at facility because im adjusting everything, but after a week ill be good because im a past learner.
High Middle Management Turnover due to:

Cut-backs

Backstabbing

Lack of Professionalism

Everyone Burns out, no exceptions
Pros
The Vision is paved with good intentions but poor senior management
Cons
See Above