The Bradford Group Employee Reviews

Not quite truthful when hiring
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 February 2019
When they hired me, I fully explained that I didn't want to do any type of sales, and they said there were NO sales. They also said that we didn't work past 8 pm. The first week on the floor I was reprimanded because I wasn't up to my quota with shipping and extra security (sales) that they required to be on each order.(Customers didn't like paying extra security and shipping, so they would ask for it to be removed). It was unacceptable that I hadn't reached my monthly quota by the first week of the month. Then when my next schedule came up I would be working 3-11 pm. When I went to my manager , she was more interested in talking to another employee about her weekend adventures. 75% of the team I was hired with have also left. I feel they wasted my time and theirs by training me for 3 weeks, only to have me leave 2 weeks after that, knowing what I was told before I was hired. Be honest when your hiring about what is expected and offered!!!
Pros
lots of free parking
Cons
not honest about what to expect
Worked as a Bilingual Customer Service Rep.
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 October 2018
If you enjoy being treated like a child in grade 1 again, needing to raise your hand to go to the washroom than this is the place for you! the training was in a room with 20 other people, with a trainer that had no patience or even a personality. Than you were lucky enough to have lunch in the lunchroom with a bunch of current staff who did not say hello, smile or even acknowledge each other which added to the wonderful atmosphere. The only pleasant part of my job was talking to customers on the phone, which I thoroughly enjoyed until I would constantly get reminded that I wasn't selling fast enough, or getting off the phone fast enough etc. Add to that, the pay is so low that it quickly makes you realize that working at a fast food restaurant would probably be more enjoyable. All in all, I have worked in many different fields over the years and I have to say, this was the most unpleasant working experience I have ever had.
Pros
Interacting with the public over the phone
Cons
Too many to list
Supervisors Terrible
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 September 2018
I was in the past an employee and at first I was doing ok. Then I went from the one department to the other and the supervisors in the rare coin division were cruel and always compared one person to the others at morning meetings. The one supervisor told me I would never succeed because I was afraid to succeed, by selling a product in cold calling that I did not have any belief in the ticket prices, The same supervisor would go up behind people including me and scare us and think it was funny and ok to do.
Toxic Turnover Culture and Shady Sales
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 September 2018
Terrible place to work. Shoddy merchandise, terrible sales-only-matter culture, do not care about their employees, high turnover rate. A good manager makes it better but there aren't many. Avoid.
You do not matter to them
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 August 2018
They have a demonstrated history of hiring through contracts with temporary agencies, then hiring the employee so that the start another 3 month probation, then firing the employee right before that probation ends.

They use people. The job is stressful due to a huge pressure for unreasonable upsells for things people do not want or need. If you are ever sick, you are made to feel like a villain for taking time off work to get better. If you decide to work here, make sure to come to work sick so that you infect everyone else because that's obviously what they would prefer.

Choose from one of the MANY other call centers in London to work for, steer clear of this bottom of the barrel American company who cares only about profits, not people.
Pros
Good hours, lots of free parking
Cons
Nowhere to eat nearby, horrible management/staff relations, poor culture, high pressure for little reward
More work, less pay.
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON25 July 2018
hard to meet metrics, encourages employees to lie to customers, expects you to sell more than your wage per week.

Collectibles Manager is a complete bully. picks on people until they are forced to quit.

Archaic systems, unwilling to advance
Management two-faced, far too much favouritism!
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 June 2018
Started off being a nice place to work with nice people...quickly noticed favouritism. I did not like how high the mark up was on the coins we sold, it was not realistic. However, it is a business. If Manager was better qualified and acted like a professional I’d most likely not have left, but I could not put up with the bullying nature, lack of respect to some of her staff any longer and found work elsewhere.
Pros
Met a lot of great people (non management)
Cons
Favouritism, disrespect, ignorance, two faced management and HR.
Account Manager
Account Manager/Sales (Current Employee) –  London, ON27 April 2018
I had some doubts from the reviews on here but I decided to try it out because I was looking for something new.
I started working as an Account manager selling coins - it wasn't easy at the beginning but I like a challenge. The training was good and the supervisor was always willing to help me which I liked.
The people that wok here are really friendly and there are fun incentives and the hours are awesome- which I wasn't finding at other jobs.
Pros
Great hours, fun environment, incentives
Cons
Harder than I thought but good for me because I like to push myself
Was not a fun time
Customer Service Representative/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 March 2018
Not a fun place to work, they want you to shill overpriced junk to mainly senior citizens. Not to mention they record any time away from your computer even when you go to the bathroom which they will penalize you for if you go over 10 minutes in total which is shared with your wrap up time. Also, you have to bring your own lunch or you will go hungry most of the time as it is in an out of the way location with the nearest restaurant being a timmys 15 minutes away on foot.

Although this doesn't become apparent until after a few weeks as the training staff are nice
Pros
the training was a nice experience
Cons
poor job stability, constant pressure to sell, monitored all the time, out of the way
learning dealing with people problems,deal with confidential information
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON22 February 2018
go everyday for work help my clients ,get individual and group targets done,have a little fun with my co.workers
i have learned how to deal with people problems on phone,how to make customers happy,patience,listening skills ,explain my point in details
work hours are not stable change very often
talk to people over the phone and help making them happy is the most enjoyable part
Pros
very friendly enviroment
Cons
no job security
fun workplace with amazing supervisors
Oct'17-Present (Current Employee) –  London, ON25 January 2018
Great fun workplace with amazing supervisors. Started with agent in collectibles and after three months Moved to checks department. Work though is not hectic but its kind of difficult to maintain good metrics.
pretty good
Call Centre Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 December 2017
The staff are amazing and made the job enjoyable but the Management seemed to disconnected from the employees so it felt like a divide rather than a team
4 months, hit 3x sales targets to be laid off
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 December 2017
Started here in early September with a great mindset. Training was good and people were friendly.
I hit all my sales targets 3x higher than anyone else. I had good attendance, good call evaluations and a good sales reputation. I was told I would be hired on permanently in a few weeks.
I got a call tonight at about 8:45pm staying that my placement was terminated due to a lack a work required for the Bradford Group and that I couldn’t work anymore of my shifts. This place is absolutely despicable and ridiculous. Meanwhile they keep hiring people on! People have bills to pay and mouths to feed and they lay me off with 0 NOTICE.... 3 weeks before Christmas after approving me for 60+ hours of overtime.
Pros
Cons
Inconsiderate management
Terrible Place
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 October 2017
Worked here for just over a month, worst mistake ever. The training didn’t teach you anything about what you are actually doing on the computers. Management doesn’t care at all about you like they say. HR doesn’t call you back like they said they would.

When in “nesting” the trainers were rude and made harassing comments towards you and would tell you to “figure it out yourself” when you had a problem.
Pros
Co - Workers
Cons
HR Staff and Management
A good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON5 September 2017
Its a busy place and I have learnt a lot about the products they sell. The people there are friendly and the supervisors are very supportive always willing to listen.
This Company Thrives on Misleading Customers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON31 August 2017
I work in the checks department and all of the advertisements sent out to customers are purposefully misleading. When the customer calls to place an order, it's usually 3-4x higher than the price on the advertisement because of all the fees. And of course, the agents on the phones have to deal with the yelling and screaming from customers about this while I'm sure the higher ups are rolling in money and laughing at us. Not a good place to work, advertisements are deceptive, no job security if you're a temp.
Cons
Long commute, misleading advertisements, too much focus on performance
Just a temp job
Customer service for cheques (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 August 2017
Was hired on as a temp at minimum wage. Within a week I was bumped up to selling cheques, with a pay raise ($12). Worked for 6 months and was hired permanently. Then they started my 3 month probation. Did everything the same, got the stats, but in the last week of my probation I was let go. Worked a total of about 9 months. I wasn't the only one they did that to.

Its fine if you don't need permanent. They had fun days and some nice bonuses if you meet stats.
Cons
Can be hard to hit stats
Without previous call center experience this would be a total struggle
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 June 2017
Not near any food places, bring a lunch. Stress will quickly build up. there are a lot of crabby customers on the line, but the few good ones help you ease up! :)
Cons
Not near any food places, bring a lunch
Bradford exchange
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 June 2017
inbound call from all over North America. Cross selling products and checks. hours can depend if they want you for weekends. Not everyone can like the workplace. training was average, but management do not acknowledge that you exist.
Not a good place
Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 May 2017
When I started working here I thought it would be great, 9-5 mon- fri with a good salary?! Who wouldn't like it? That was until they decided to make it 100% commission to get the salespeople to become "sharks". You need to have a switch to turn off your morals when you're calling 90 people (most of them over the age of 75) trying to sell coins marked up by (literally) 200-500% to people that won't try to find the real prices online or know anything about true value of coins. But hey to work 9-5 mon-fri sometimes you just have to do what you have to do.
Pros
Working hours
Cons
Call centre atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Bradford Group. Our community is ready to answer.

The Bradford Group Reviews by Location