The Bradford Group

The Bradford Group Employee Reviews

Canada55 reviews
Friendly environment
Very repetitive. Typical call center very sales oriented. Definitely very helpful and friendly staff willing to guide all new employees to succeed. Even though the work is pretty much the same every day the company definitely tries to make it more enjoyable and interesting through events, daily activities and other incentives.
Fun place to work
Fun place to work you get to talk to some pretty interesting people and hear some great stories would highly recommend also lots of natural lighting which is a plus
I really enjoyed my time at the Bradford exchange. For the most part all the supervisors are amazing, great HR friendly co workers very nice place to work
Horrible
Was employed 3 years. Stats would change monthly until they were almost impossible to meet and then management would question why you weren't meeting them.
Let me go due to lack of work end of one month then 2 weeks later had job posting looking for people to do what I had done.
Work graveyard shifts was ok
I would say if you are an email agent so it’s a bit better than being on the phone all the time but you will have to start on the phone and then level up lol
meh
Another high-pressure sales job in a dying market.
Was selling collectible coins to elderly people.

Stuck at a desk for 8 hrs / day using outdated tech.

Great wage and great training. Interesting product. I learned a lot but it was not for me.
Terrible place to work
Would not go back the place is awful!!! They make you lie to customers as to when their order has shipped!! We have to take the backlash from customers when they don't receive their order
The worst job I have ever done
Very cut throat. If you can sell, there is a mediocre life waiting for your. If you can't, you'll be on the streets look for a new job within a month. The interview is nothing but a sales pitch to new meat. They are professionals at tossing people out the door. I have never seen such an abuse of the labour act 'probationary period' clause. Turnover is so high that current employees won't bother to get to know you unless you make it past three months.
Do you really want the stress?
What a toxic environment - selling cheques to American customers (the majority are senior citizens with some in their nineties and they have no money).  It's different in the US, people use cheques like we use a debit card and the older generation is resisting giving up their cheques.  Bradford Exchange Checks advertises in US newspapers and in flyers and inserts - misleading prices - $3.50 a box with free shipping - and an offer code that will lower the price - actual price will be higher with service and handling and taxes etc. added on. Customers phone in and go ballistic when given the price that includes trackable shipping and fraud protection and identity restoration programmes that the computer defaults onto the order.  You will lose the order (considered to be a sale) if you don't remove the shipping and securities before customers hang up in shock when you tell them the price. Imagine being yelled at and accused of being a fraud. So you kept the sale but you lose the securities so now you have also gone in the red for your daily statistics (called Metrics).
You will be harassed with coaching sessions if you don't meet your Metrics or "goals".  It isn't your fault when people call in and hang up on you or they have the wrong department or they want Customer Service but they call in on the Order line.  These calls go against your "orders per call" Metrics.  Every employee has bad days when they lose a couple of calls (that's all it takes to put your Metrics in the red).  Then there will be good days where the customer will accept the ridiculous price of $115 for four
 - more...
Dealing with customers and meeting quotas by making sales targets on a weekly basis. I learned a lot working at bradford for several years with day to day consumer interactions.
Basically a sweatshop
Most managers quit after 24 months, the site director has no formal education and everyone is afraid all the time. If you work here, you probably made some regrettable life decisions.
Good people to work with.
Steady hours, standard pay, incentives. Great team environment. Management is always friendly. Was promoted to the Hamilton Exchange team within 6 months of working there.
Not quite truthful when hiring
When they hired me, I fully explained that I didn't want to do any type of sales, and they said there were NO sales. They also said that we didn't work past 8 pm. The first week on the floor I was reprimanded because I wasn't up to my quota with shipping and extra security (sales) that they required to be on each order.(Customers didn't like paying extra security and shipping, so they would ask for it to be removed). It was unacceptable that I hadn't reached my monthly quota by the first week of the month. Then when my next schedule came up I would be working 3-11 pm. When I went to my manager , she was more interested in talking to another employee about her weekend adventures. 75% of the team I was hired with have also left. I feel they wasted my time and theirs by training me for 3 weeks, only to have me leave 2 weeks after that, knowing what I was told before I was hired. Be honest when your hiring about what is expected and offered!!!
Pros
lots of free parking
Cons
not honest about what to expect
Sales Culture is casual but lucrative
I saw the reviews on here and was hesitant to even apply for the account manager position, but I wanted to try something new so I went in for an interview.
The job sounded interesting so after I was hired I accepted - thought I would give it a shot until something else came along.

That was 2 years ago and I am still here. I have seen people come and go, but they typically couldn't get to work and thought they were too good to work so they didn't have a chance at hitting their numbers.

I always thought that coins were for grandfathers but I am really interested in history and that is the best part of this job.

I also like the hours, and the perks- food, cash, and the people that work here are generally cool - I have made some good friends here and management is fair and accommodated me when I needed extended time off.
Pros
Great people, good money
Cons
Not a simple sell
Worked as a Bilingual Customer Service Rep.
If you enjoy being treated like a child in grade 1 again, needing to raise your hand to go to the washroom than this is the place for you! the training was in a room with 20 other people, with a trainer that had no patience or even a personality. Than you were lucky enough to have lunch in the lunchroom with a bunch of current staff who did not say hello, smile or even acknowledge each other which added to the wonderful atmosphere. The only pleasant part of my job was talking to customers on the phone, which I thoroughly enjoyed until I would constantly get reminded that I wasn't selling fast enough, or getting off the phone fast enough etc. Add to that, the pay is so low that it quickly makes you realize that working at a fast food restaurant would probably be more enjoyable. All in all, I have worked in many different fields over the years and I have to say, this was the most unpleasant working experience I have ever had.
Pros
Interacting with the public over the phone
Cons
Too many to list
Supervisors Terrible
I was in the past an employee and at first I was doing ok. Then I went from the one department to the other and the supervisors in the rare coin division were cruel and always compared one person to the others at morning meetings. The one supervisor told me I would never succeed because I was afraid to succeed, by selling a product in cold calling that I did not have any belief in the ticket prices, The same supervisor would go up behind people including me and scare us and think it was funny and ok to do.
Toxic Turnover Culture and Shady Sales
Terrible place to work. Shoddy merchandise, terrible sales-only-matter culture, do not care about their employees, high turnover rate. A good manager makes it better but there aren't many. Avoid.
You do not matter to them
They have a demonstrated history of hiring through contracts with temporary agencies, then hiring the employee so that the start another 3 month probation, then firing the employee right before that probation ends.

They use people. The job is stressful due to a huge pressure for unreasonable upsells for things people do not want or need. If you are ever sick, you are made to feel like a villain for taking time off work to get better. If you decide to work here, make sure to come to work sick so that you infect everyone else because that's obviously what they would prefer.

Choose from one of the MANY other call centers in London to work for, steer clear of this bottom of the barrel American company who cares only about profits, not people.
Pros
Good hours, lots of free parking
Cons
Nowhere to eat nearby, horrible management/staff relations, poor culture, high pressure for little reward
More work, less pay.
hard to meet metrics, encourages employees to lie to customers, expects you to sell more than your wage per week.

Collectibles Manager is a complete bully. picks on people until they are forced to quit.

Archaic systems, unwilling to advance
Management two-faced, far too much favouritism!
Started off being a nice place to work with nice people...quickly noticed favouritism. I did not like how high the mark up was on the coins we sold, it was not realistic. However, it is a business. If Manager was better qualified and acted like a professional I’d most likely not have left, but I could not put up with the bullying nature, lack of respect to some of her staff any longer and found work elsewhere.
Pros
Met a lot of great people (non management)
Cons
Favouritism, disrespect, ignorance, two faced management and HR.
Account Manager
I had some doubts from the reviews on here but I decided to try it out because I was looking for something new.
I started working as an Account manager selling coins - it wasn't easy at the beginning but I like a challenge. The training was good and the supervisor was always willing to help me which I liked.

The people that wok here are really friendly and there are fun incentives and the hours are awesome- which I wasn't finding at other jobs.
Pros
Great hours, fun environment, incentives
Cons
Harder than I thought but good for me because I like to push myself