The Body Shop Employee Review

View all The Body Shop reviews

Good experience
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CA31 August 2012
Company is great customer service environment and has great benefits .
Pros
great discount
Cons
must keep look busy without tasking when slow

Other The Body Shop Employee Reviews

Fast pace work environment working as a team
Seasonal Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 April 2018
Working at The Body Shop taught me how to interact with customers in person. It taught me excellent communication skills and how to deal with queries they may have about the products. Working during the holiday season taught me to work under pressure, especially since there would be a influx of people at any random moment. My time at The Body Shop helped me work with efficiency and with proper time management. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the store being completely full of customers and having to multi task with them, however, working as
a team with the other employees made it much more enjoyable.
I feel valued!
Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  Canada29 March 2018
This is the most rewarding job I've ever had. I didn't think I'd ever return to retail, but I don't consider this to be the same old retail job. This is The Body Shop, and with it comes with a culture of support, connections, and selling solutions over products.

Head office is easily approachable, and strive to keep even customer consultants on a first name basis. District Sales Managers are supportive and accessible. The recent sale to Natura shows a real shift back to the basics of The Body Shop, including community involvement and activism. This brand has real values, and it's a joy and a privilege to know that I'm a part of supporting community trade, human rights, the planet, and ending animal testing.

Benefits are great. FT employees are offered amazing health coverage and benefits. There is a generous fitness reimbursement, tuition assistance, and access to 24/7 counselling. All employees have access to a discount website, an amazing rate at a popular fitness chain, as well as sales incentives!

If you're hunting for a retail job where you can stock shelves, run a register, and work with little product knowledge, then this isn't the company for you. The Body Shop provides thorough training on products and procedures and encourages its employees to become trusted experts with top notch customer service skills. There are, of course, dollar sales and category targets to be achieved, but I've never felt pressured or undervalued in achieving these. I never, ever want to leave!
Pros
paid volunteer days, management bonus plan, employee sales incentives, approachable head office
Cons
part-time employees not always compensated fairly (opinion)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Body Shop. Our community is ready to answer.