The Body Shop Employee Reviews for Retail Assistant Manager

See reviews about:
Found 13 reviews matching the search See all 1,363 reviews
meh
Key holder/Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON13 November 2017
Management just went with the flow of the day and lacked organization. Too much gossip amongst employees because management would engage in that type of behaviour.
Bitter Sweet.
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON21 August 2017
I've worked there on and off for a couple of years. I've seen some of the most passionate, knowledgeable employees leave due to how they're treated and go unrecognized in the company. There was a time where I went through FOUR managers at least in half a year. They hardly promote within and there are no benefits or extra hours unless you're management. It's upsetting they chose not to promote staff who have the knowledge and passion for the company, but will bring in a random person who has no experience in the field of skin care.. it kills sales and the customer experience.
Pros
Discount, ethical and cruelty free products
Cons
No growing room
Relaxed environment, fun to work
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC1 July 2017
TBS allows a lot of freedom while working. Given that it itself is a small store front, there are much you can do to the visuals as long as it looks pretty. Management is also not always controlled by HQ, so depending on the store manager, the flexibility shifts. You get 5 pieces of makeup upon hire, but the benefits are not that great; discount is not as good as customer discount.
Lovely place to work.
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC28 September 2016
Loved working for The Body Shop, all the great smells and produces made it easy to talk about and sell. I really enjoyed doing customers makeup and demonstrating how produces worked.
contiuous learning and great atmosphere
Customer Consultant & Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON21 July 2015
Everyday is a new learning experience, with new products coming out every few months, your always learning something new about current or new product, daily specials and ongoing customer service.
My boss is the greatest holds everyone to their own standard, and holds everyone accountable to obtain goals... love seeing return customers that remember me and what I've taught them about skin care or make-up application.
Pros
company promos when new product comes out
Positive Friendly Environment
Customer Consultant, Key holder (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 February 2015
This company always has new products to offer their clients. As customer consultants, our knowledge is constantly increasing in terms of product ingredients and their associated benefits. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, it is very easy for a new hire to observe their sales techniques and learn the product terminology in accordance with The Body Shop's guidelines. TBS offers a 50% discount to its' employees as well as one free product whenever a new line is introduced.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Salary
Interactive, skill-building, educational, and fun work environment
Sales Consultant/Key Holder/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 February 2015
Working at The Body Shop was very enabling. After about 15 months of working with the company, I had learned as much, or more, about customer service and retail as I did in all the years I had spent working all my previous retail related jobs.
Lovely coworkers and great product
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK14 January 2015
Being in the corner of a mall, traffic can be quite slow. When I open the store I prepare the registers and floor for customers. Checking email to see if there are any changes to the sales. When the store opens it is slow. I make a list of things that can be done throughout the day if one hasn't already been made.

All the people I have worked with have been absolutely amazing. They are the kindest people I have met. I became friends with them very quickly, whether it was the current staff when I joined or the new hires.

The best part of this job is that you get to work with people you enjoy being around.
Pros
great product, staff discount, co workers, smells amazing, cruelty free, fair trade
Cons
few shifts, part-time only, head office, minimum wage
co-worker are very nice and helpful
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON12 December 2014
My managers are very nice and helpful, they are willing to teach me or tell me when I do wrong. I have improved my retail store experience from here.
Fun place to work with excellent manager and co workers
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB24 October 2013
I usually opened in the morning with preparing the float,starting the computers opening the doors.As I key holder I had access to the safe.
Closing procedures were POS administration and Cash out ,finish paperwork and report to head office.
Stocking up,keeping track of orders,customer service advisory and
knowledge of our products was something I really enjoyed as a Body Shop sales associate.This company has great values and that is what I stand for as well.
Pros
Outstanding work moral
Cons
n/a
Loyal and energetic company
Sales Associate and Store Key Holder/MOD (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON10 June 2013
Great Staff
Great Values
Management team was efficient and fair to staff
I was able to strengthen my leadership skills, as well as gain insight on approaching customers, up selling product, and connecting sales.
Being able to successfully assist customers was a rewarding feeling that drove my sales.
Having customers come back and compliment my work ethic was rewarding.
Fun, energetic place to work, with a strong focus on community fair trade values.
Key holder/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, Ontario18 July 2012
A typical day at The Body Shop starts with ensuring that the Point of Sale system is balanced, and working correctly. After completing the morning paperwork, the day is focused on ensuring that all customer needs are met, and all associates know their personal goals and the goals for the store that day.
Through working at The Body Shop I have learned how great it is work for a company with strong values such as, community fair trade, and not testing on animals. Through these strong values, I appreciate any company with a strong set of values, and that put their customers first.
The hardest part of my job at the team leader is balancing managing my fellow associates, and the interpersonal relationships I have formed with them.
The most enjoyable part of my job is providing our customers with great products that I am proud to sell to them.