The Body Shop Employee Reviews in Saskatoon, SK

3.4Job Security & Advancement
Found 2 reviews matching the search See all 1,384 reviews
Big on Values, Bankrupt on Valuing Employees/Customers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK18 September 2018
Great products, great company values (environmental protection, animal rights, human rights, etc), but exceptionally poor at valuing their own employees.

Even when I succeeded, hitting and exceeding my store's budget, instead of being congratulated I was asked, "why didn't you do better?"

Was given store layout plans for other stores that didn't fit the shape or size of my store at all and when we inevitably failed at not being another store, I was criticized for that. Somehow I was expected to be a wizard with magical powers over space and time and had my job threatened repeatedly for not being a wizard.

Was promoted into management and offered far less than what the previous individual in that position had been offered when they first started. Was not allowed to hire new staff during the Christmas season. Was not allowed to terminate staff who were actively disrupting the shop, damaging product, and harassing customers.

Was literally told by the Vice President of Marketing herself that we are NOT to view customers as customers. They are "walking wallets" and our job is to squeeze them of every last dime they have, no matter what. Anything less than that, and we'd be out.
Pros
50% off most products
Cons
literally everything else