The Body Shop Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Found 8 reviews matching the search See all 1,383 reviews
great ethics
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 October 2017
Great company with great product. Fantastic values lots of heavy lifting and rewards for a job well done. Don't work here for the money but work here for the fact that with every product you are making a difference world wide.
Pros
values and ethics
Cons
long hours at christmas season and very heavy lifting
It's fine in the beguining
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 September 2017
Seems like a fine job at first where people treat each other like family but after awhile you see whats going on. A lot of drama between staff as well as un trustworthy team mates. Managers who spend their whole shift gossiping in the office while you stay on the floor alone, district managers who don't care what it takes as long as you make the targets.
A friendly workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 April 2017
- require workers to be up and moving most of the time
- good training
- workers receive 50% discount on products
- your ability as a sale associate reflects through your units per sale and number of sales
Great values, underpay employees
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 November 2016
Working for The Body Shop in a part time role is great, you get a wonderful discount and a flexible schedule. But once you get into management is where the company falls short. Employees do not get paid for over time work, when the work load is more than 40 hours a week, and underpay their employees. I love the products but I would not be working for this company again.
Pros
Discount, occasional free new products
Cons
Heavy workload with nothing in return
the body shop was a good atmosphere, great people to work with and always friendly customers
Cashier and Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 August 2015
A typical day at the body shop was a good day except when it came to the manager and I we didn't really get along very well. I loved the co-workers I worked with always cheery and joyful to be around. the hardest part of my job was Christmas rush.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management
Interactive, skill-building, educational, and fun work environment
Sales Consultant/Key Holder/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 February 2015
Working at The Body Shop was very enabling. After about 15 months of working with the company, I had learned as much, or more, about customer service and retail as I did in all the years I had spent working all my previous retail related jobs.
TBS is a beauty company providing the consumers with a product that is not only fantastic but it supports and sustains world wide initiatives.
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 September 2012
TBS is a world wide company. The Canadian market is going through alot of changes and I would consider very unstable.

My position consisted of daily review of sales, setting action plans, touchbases, conference calls and shop visits. This position exposed me to the beauty industry which I was not familular with.
Pros
world wide, great market, great peers
Cons
lack of direction, lack of consistant management