The Body Shop Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Found 12 reviews matching the search See all 1,383 reviews
Body Shop Alberta Canada
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 July 2018
The District Manager and the Regional Manager need to be replaced. The Body Shop boosts about non animal testing and fair trade etc. but they do not take a look at what's happening in their own back yard. The RM and DM talk bad about employees and gossip to other employees, they are never around when needed and do not have a clear set of expectations. The pay is just above minimum wage and the hours suck. No work life balance at all. The temporary manager at South Centre is a real piece of work. She coaches employees and embarrasses them right in front of customers etc. I would not recommend working here. Wasted 3 years of my life for nothing.
manager is rude
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 May 2018
It smelled really good and I liked how they were against animal cruelty. The discount was 50 percent off which was really convenient. the other sales associates were really nice, unlike the male manager.
Cons
unpaid lunch
Good Job to make lasting Connections
Keyholder - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 March 2018
The Body Shop is a great place to work if you value a company that cares about the environment, uses natural ingredients and is cruelty-free. It is a great place to meet new people and I feel you make lasting connections
Was a great job wonderful company to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary Canada18 April 2017
Had a great group of girls and great management. Was a fun place to work with a lot of support and common goals. Everybody was involved in scheduling and was easy going when holidays were booked and shifts sorted.
Pros
Staffing
Great environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 March 2017
My coworkers were all very amazing! Great environment, everyone was super understanding and fun! It taught me a lot of skills that will definately help me in the jobs to come!
Pros
Good hours
Working At The Body Shop
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 February 2017
I couldn't have asked for a more fun, inclusive, and fair first employer. From my first day I felt very welcomed by all my co workers. Hours were great and flexible when needed, and trainers were competent. Salary was fair, and product knowledge was super easy and fun
Positive Friendly Environment
Customer Consultant, Key holder (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 February 2015
This company always has new products to offer their clients. As customer consultants, our knowledge is constantly increasing in terms of product ingredients and their associated benefits. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, it is very easy for a new hire to observe their sales techniques and learn the product terminology in accordance with The Body Shop's guidelines. TBS offers a 50% discount to its' employees as well as one free product whenever a new line is introduced.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Salary
High energized, fun workplace
Cashier and Sales Person and Stock person (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 February 2015
A typical day at work consisted of dealing with cash, selling and restocking and trying out the amazing products.

I learned how to better deal with cash. I learned how to open and close a shop. I learned how to properly sell product.
I learned about the products.

The management was amazing!! Best people I have ever worked for. They were very friendly but consistent and stern when needed. Very organized, understanding and driven. Wonderful people.

My co-workers as well were very friendly, fun, enthusiastic, organized and driven.

The hardest part of my job was - nothing except getting paid minimum wage.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the management and staff and the amazing product i got to try out and sell each day!!
Pros
Great management and staff amazing product
Cons
minimum wage
It is fun place to work and you can enjoy all the products
Sales Associate&Back up Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 January 2015
The job is always busy or you need to keep yourself busy. There is always something do to, greet customers, restock, and learn more about products. I learn a lot form as job as a team lead. I lean how to communicate with other employee because it is so different when you need to give them orders and coach them. Also, I learn more about how to make a store nice and do first thing first. The hardest part of the job is you really need to have a good team or it will be the worst job you ever have. I love the product and I am always enjoy working there.
Pros
good employee discuont
Cons
break is short and team is really important
Very productive and fun work environment
General Sales Manager / Coach & Trainer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 March 2014
Typical day?
9-5
Open store, review sales from previous eve.
Sell to customers, coach and train staff on PK every shift.
Set goals and targets for self, staff and store.
Manage team.
Motivate and challenge the team.
Books, Schedules, Inventory control.
Communicate with owner.

What Did I learn?
Management, Leadership, Public Relations skills. People skills.
How to run both a small and large team. Recruiting, refining sales skills, how to be an effective coach and trainer.
How to be a mentor.
Balancing relationship with staff and being an effective Leader.
Inventory control, merchandizing skills, organizational skills.
How to create and promote goals and targets and coached on how to achieve them.
Budgets

Management?
Here would have been Owner as I was Management. My relationship with the owner was excellent. He was a very good and supportive player. Very involved in his stores and my teams. Flexible and excellent to work for.

Co-workers?
I had wonderful teams of very dedicated staff. They loved their jobs and their co-workers and even worked on their days off just to be around each other. We ran a very successful store together. I had a fantastic Assistant Manager who ran the show when I went between stores, and who later Managed the shops when I took time off for other ventures.
Members of my Team who went on to their own careers came back to me during holidays and other busy times through out my years at The Body Shop.

Hardest Part of the job?
Watching Corporate come in and take away what the founder worked so hard to build.

more...
The most enjoyable part of the job?
The team and the regular customers.
Selling and the friendly competition the team had to be the best.
Pros
Team, Owner, Customers, Great Store
Cons
Corporate Take Over
The Body Shop sells very good products that I continue
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta7 October 2013
Happy fun atmosphere where the assosicates truly love the product they sell.