The Body Shop Employee Reviews

Good
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 June 2018
Enjoyed working, management was great. Had issues with setting up new displays as we were never sent the right product. Opening and closing the store was fairly straight forward.
Fun enviroment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB5 June 2018
Its a very fun place to work if you can handle alot of different smells all at once. you learn so much about skin care and what products work best for different skin types. very good place to work.
Pros
paid lunch breaks
Cons
cant think of any
Dramatic
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 May 2018
AT first i loved this company and all of its values and superiors. Having worked for this company for 4 years i can honestly say they seemed to have lost that passion for what the company is suppose to stand for ETHICALLY and MORALLY. They don't treat their employees with much respect and their is a lack of professionalism in all of the Winnipeg locations.
manager is rude
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 May 2018
It smelled really good and I liked how they were against animal cruelty. The discount was 50 percent off which was really convenient. the other sales associates were really nice, unlike the male manager.
Cons
unpaid lunch
Unpacking shipments, replenishing shelves, and managing returned products.
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 May 2018
Typically a day began by unpacking the daily shipment followed by replenishing displays and maintaining a cleanly environment. I learned how to properly organize a stock room, make inventory orders, and update daily displays. Management, aside from the regional manager, was notoriously gossipy and difficult to work with. The most challenging part of the job was dealing with the large shipments that came during holiday season. The most enjoyable part of the job was the independence granted to the stock workers.
Pros
Consistent hours as a stock associate and independence
Cons
Difficult management and occasionally hectic days such as Black Friday.
productive
Cashier/Store Consultant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK3 May 2018
a good place to work at. very nice pay, nice coworkers super production. nice employee discount. not a waste of your time. they are very committed people.
Part time employment
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK26 April 2018
For me this was a part time job. It was fun to interact with the customers and try out the products. As a part time weekend and evening employee I wasn't constrained by sales targets.
Fast pace work environment working as a team
Seasonal Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 April 2018
Working at The Body Shop taught me how to interact with customers in person. It taught me excellent communication skills and how to deal with queries they may have about the products. Working during the holiday season taught me to work under pressure, especially since there would be a influx of people at any random moment. My time at The Body Shop helped me work with efficiency and with proper time management. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the store being completely full of customers and having to multi task with them, however, working as
a team with the other employees made it much more enjoyable.
I feel valued!
Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  Canada29 March 2018
This is the most rewarding job I've ever had. I didn't think I'd ever return to retail, but I don't consider this to be the same old retail job. This is The Body Shop, and with it comes with a culture of support, connections, and selling solutions over products.

Head office is easily approachable, and strive to keep even customer consultants on a first name basis. District Sales Managers are supportive and accessible. The recent sale to Natura shows a real shift back to the basics of The Body Shop, including community involvement and activism. This brand has real values, and it's a joy and a privilege to know that I'm a part of supporting community trade, human rights, the planet, and ending animal testing.

Benefits are great. FT employees are offered amazing health coverage and benefits. There is a generous fitness reimbursement, tuition assistance, and access to 24/7 counselling. All employees have access to a discount website, an amazing rate at a popular fitness chain, as well as sales incentives!

If you're hunting for a retail job where you can stock shelves, run a register, and work with little product knowledge, then this isn't the company for you. The Body Shop provides thorough training on products and procedures and encourages its employees to become trusted experts with top notch customer service skills. There are, of course, dollar sales and category targets to be achieved, but I've never felt pressured or undervalued in achieving these. I never, ever want to leave!
Pros
paid volunteer days, management bonus plan, employee sales incentives, approachable head office
Cons
part-time employees not always compensated fairly (opinion)
Good Job to make lasting Connections
Keyholder - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 March 2018
The Body Shop is a great place to work if you value a company that cares about the environment, uses natural ingredients and is cruelty-free. It is a great place to meet new people and I feel you make lasting connections
Great Workplace/ fun environment/ great staff
SEASONAL/CUSTOMER CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC16 March 2018
Very happy with this job through the seasonal Christmas time! Good hours, friendly staff, good customers and training. Nothing bad to say. Management was awesome as well!
Pros
we had potluck during the Christmas, dressing up for promos, and just overall a positive place to work
Cons
nothing bad to say
good for money and reasonable work times
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2018
It's an alright place if you like standing there and doing nothing but talking. It's not really a place I would prefer if you like to move around a lot.
Does not pertain to the Body Shop
Production Technician/Conveyance (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 March 2018
Due to technical difficulties with this website, this review information does not pertain to The Body Shop company. I do not know how this information picked-up on this review.
Not a place I would recommend.
Regional Sales Manager - Corporate East (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2018
This company is poorly managed at the Canadian level. As the company struggles to reinvent itself it has lost the fun and entrepreneurial spirit it once had.
Fun workplace with wonderful discounts
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 February 2018
Started during the Christmas season with the company and was able to gain extra hours based on good work ethics. Often in charge of inventory based on my organizational skills
Productive work environment with enriching goals
Skin Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 February 2018
A sales associate dealing with skin care consultation. Coworkers were great and easy to talk to with a productive atmosphere. Developed an awareness for environmental concerns along with dynamic social skills.
Pros
Access to great products, informative, enriching enironment
Cons
management, inventory
Best values!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB31 January 2018
This job has alot of product knowledge but its worth it. If a fun place to work. Was one of the best places I ever was employed. The values the store holds up are a very important structure of the company.
Great place to work.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, ON25 January 2018
Although a seasonal hire, this job was very nice, one of the better sales jobs out there. The hours were long at times, but such is the issue with Christmas holidays and retail. But overall it was fun and rewarding.
Pros
paid lunch break, tidy environment, good team.
Cons
Christmas time
One of the best retail jobs I had!
Sales Associate/ Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB24 January 2018
Though product knowledge is key to this job, the managers make it easy and fun to understand and are ready to answer any questions you have. It's an interesting job to work and was one of my favorite retail jobs I have ever worked at.
Good brand, horrible management
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON22 January 2018
Love the body shop and what it stands for, overall the job was enjoyable, coworkers were fine, but management was awful. So unprofessional, unpleasant and just had a rude demeanour towards employees AND customers. It was a better atmosphere without the manager around, thats for sure.
Pros
Great brand, lovely area, great customers
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Body Shop. Our community is ready to answer.