The Body Shop

The Body Shop Employee Reviews

Canada222 reviews
Always have to be on
Make sure you can maintain your energy always. It is very sales focused, the customer will always be right and you are a number. I met some great people here I will never forget
It's okay
The job itself is very simple and laid back. I like the products so it makes it easier to sell. Coworkers are pretty easy going but when it's all women you work with, there's gossip and drama. Good part time job but not a place that you can really grow in..depends what location you work at I suppose.
Great company
Great company culture (depending on what store you’re in). Fair wages and room for growth if you express that you want it. Great company for growing your management experience.
seasonal based
the body shop is a great company with great values that you'll be proud to become a part of. the traffic in the store can vary depending on the season. you typically won't need to work too hard unless it's a holiday. if you're not helping customers, you'll be stocking the shelves or organizing the shop. it's a pretty fun place to work.
The district manager is what makes this job suck not the company
The district manager is a bully! She threatened my job over the phone and then held a conference call about me behind my back. She expected me to drive around the city doing her job for her.She is inexperienced, and the reason I QUIT is because she is unprofessional, mean and uneducated in her role. I refuse to work for someone who is mean. ALso learn to use periods and commas in your 50 emails a day. LOL what a joke!!!!
Productive and a fun place to work
The Body Shop is a really nice company to work for with a wonderful philosophy about life. They believe in employees empowering themselves through good hard work and service.
Great place to work at!
You learn a lot about the where the products come from. It's a great placed to learn how to start selling. You make lots of friends and you always getting hours.
The job is very hands on and helps you gain valuable life skills. Ensure to go into the job with an open mind. This job will help you learn interpersonal skills
Team is helpful.
The smell is really good at store.

Fun place work place.

The manager is very helpful. The salary and hours are given appropriately and on time.
do not expect to advance with this company
managers love to gossip and have a power complex. they mostly stay in the backroom and talk on the phone and complain about their workload. The company does not take reports of harassment and discrimination seriously. good place to work if you're looking for temporary work, not to advance career. schedule can be flexible and most team members you'll meet will be nice. There is always something to do on shift.
productive and fun workplace
i enjoyed working at the body shop; i value everything that the company stands for, and i stand behind the products 100%. the team was friendly and fun to work with.
Not a good place to work
heard terrible things about that place nothing good being said. Took over a month to get hired. Manager did not even know how to manage the store unorganized and very unprofessional. While being interviewed she was wearing sweats and a crop top and told me to look professional.
Pros
Cons
Person interviewing was ignorant, unprofessional, dressed inappropriately for work.
Not what I expected
For a company that promotes activism for human rights and women , they definitely do not live up to that in Ontario . The competition for management position is insane and all girls are jealous of each other . There is no support or training when it comes to getting promotions. False promises and no communication.
Perhaps better in other parts of the world but not the store I worked in , sadly . Very corrupted
Stressful and fast-paced
Management is not attentive to details, and do not value experienced employees. They do not have a godd salary increase. It is a fast-paced job that needs a lot of effort and energy.
it was fast-paced, everyday was different.
The work is easy, I'd say the hardest part of working there was definitely all the product knowledge needed in order to sell to customers. My higher-ups were fun to work with, the company is a genuinely caring company. Hours are hard to come by during the off-season, which is why I, unfortunately, had to leave, otherwise, I would've stayed.
Producive and Great place to work
IT was an amazing experience and developed a long lasting relationship.The environment was great felt like I was part of a family. You are standing for a good minute but its definitely a great place to develop your people skills.
Productive and fun place to work
Great place to work and improve. great mentors and very supportive. Very great environment to work. I have learnt the skills required to be successful in communicating well with the customers.
Pros
Gifts
Diverse workplace
A typical day at work is to serve customers and answer questions to determine their individual needs.
Store closing duties include but not limited to preparation of sales reports and reconciliation of the store.

We often need to learn new information about different products.

Some customers may require more patience than others but they are all satisfied at the end of the day.
Could’ve been better.
The upper management and the in store management were all mentally ill! I felt like I was working in an insane asylum. No raises and no room to grow. Company does nothing to show its appreciation for its employees, instead it only continues to take away benefits and perks.
productive and fast paced environment to help women feel comfortable in their own skin
the management is great very accommodating, a typical day at work includes selling product to customers, making sales, most enjoyable part of the job would be talking to all the customers and making them happy with or without a purchase being made.
Great Company but Poor Store Managment
Shop Manager was very unorganized and made for a poor manager. Shop manager would rely on everyone else to do everything for the store.
Scheduling took forever and was constantly being tweaked with so you could never schedule out your life.

NOTE:If you have a side business you do in your personal time, good luck.

If you were good at your job you got to do everyone else's too. Which made for stressful shifts.

The manager was never on the floor instead would be on handheld device every time we would go to the back room.

The company is a great company and has so much to offer unfortunately poor store management results in not many happy employees.