The Body Shop Employee Reviews

I feel valued!
Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  Canada29 March 2018
This is the most rewarding job I've ever had. I didn't think I'd ever return to retail, but I don't consider this to be the same old retail job. This is The Body Shop, and with it comes with a culture of support, connections, and selling solutions over products.

Head office is easily approachable, and strive to keep even customer consultants on a first name basis. District Sales Managers are supportive and accessible. The recent sale to Natura shows a real shift back to the basics of The Body Shop, including community involvement and activism. This brand has real values, and it's a joy and a privilege to know that I'm a part of supporting community trade, human rights, the planet, and ending animal testing.

Benefits are great. FT employees are offered amazing health coverage and benefits. There is a generous fitness reimbursement, tuition assistance, and access to 24/7 counselling. All employees have access to a discount website, an amazing rate at a popular fitness chain, as well as sales incentives!

If you're hunting for a retail job where you can stock shelves, run a register, and work with little product knowledge, then this isn't the company for you. The Body Shop provides thorough training on products and procedures and encourages its employees to become trusted experts with top notch customer service skills. There are, of course, dollar sales and category targets to be achieved, but I've never felt pressured or undervalued in achieving these. I never, ever want to leave!
Pros
paid volunteer days, management bonus plan, employee sales incentives, approachable head office
Cons
part-time employees not always compensated fairly (opinion)
Good Job to make lasting Connections
Keyholder - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 March 2018
The Body Shop is a great place to work if you value a company that cares about the environment, uses natural ingredients and is cruelty-free. It is a great place to meet new people and I feel you make lasting connections
Great Workplace/ fun environment/ great staff
SEASONAL/CUSTOMER CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC16 March 2018
Very happy with this job through the seasonal Christmas time! Good hours, friendly staff, good customers and training. Nothing bad to say. Management was awesome as well!
Pros
we had potluck during the Christmas, dressing up for promos, and just overall a positive place to work
Cons
nothing bad to say
good for money and reasonable work times
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2018
It's an alright place if you like standing there and doing nothing but talking. It's not really a place I would prefer if you like to move around a lot.
Does not pertain to the Body Shop
Production Technician/Conveyance (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 March 2018
Due to technical difficulties with this website, this review information does not pertain to The Body Shop company. I do not know how this information picked-up on this review.
Not a place I would recommend.
Regional Sales Manager - Corporate East (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2018
This company is poorly managed at the Canadian level. As the company struggles to reinvent itself it has lost the fun and entrepreneurial spirit it once had.
Fun workplace with wonderful discounts
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 February 2018
Started during the Christmas season with the company and was able to gain extra hours based on good work ethics. Often in charge of inventory based on my organizational skills
Productive work environment with enriching goals
Skin Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 February 2018
A sales associate dealing with skin care consultation. Coworkers were great and easy to talk to with a productive atmosphere. Developed an awareness for environmental concerns along with dynamic social skills.
Pros
Access to great products, informative, enriching enironment
Cons
management, inventory
Best values!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB31 January 2018
This job has alot of product knowledge but its worth it. If a fun place to work. Was one of the best places I ever was employed. The values the store holds up are a very important structure of the company.
Great place to work.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, ON25 January 2018
Although a seasonal hire, this job was very nice, one of the better sales jobs out there. The hours were long at times, but such is the issue with Christmas holidays and retail. But overall it was fun and rewarding.
Pros
paid lunch break, tidy environment, good team.
Cons
Christmas time
One of the best retail jobs I had!
Sales Associate/ Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB24 January 2018
Though product knowledge is key to this job, the managers make it easy and fun to understand and are ready to answer any questions you have. It's an interesting job to work and was one of my favorite retail jobs I have ever worked at.
Good brand, horrible management
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON22 January 2018
Love the body shop and what it stands for, overall the job was enjoyable, coworkers were fine, but management was awful. So unprofessional, unpleasant and just had a rude demeanour towards employees AND customers. It was a better atmosphere without the manager around, thats for sure.
Pros
Great brand, lovely area, great customers
Cons
great job but worst manager ever
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 January 2018
when I first started at TBS at Polo I loved it
until we got a new manager who was awful and abusive
I loved working there until she came and wouldn't have quit otherwise
Pros
discount, product knowledge
Cons
bad manager, company doesn't care about your needs, few to no hours
The worst company to ever work for!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tsawwassen, BC8 January 2018
They overwork staff
Far from Ethical in terms of Employee Rights
Management unprofessional, lack any skills, quite shady
Workplace culture unorganized
Pros
There are no PROS to working for the Body Shop
Cons
Long hours, Management unprofessional, this is the most unorganized company to work for.
Awful Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2018
The manager in my chain was way too demanding with hours. I was working full time hours with part-time pay, and when I would say that I can't work extra shifts the manager would make me feel like I ruined her life. She would blow it way out of proportion.
Cons
Horrible Management
Très bonne emploie
Préposée au service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Blainville, QC2 January 2018
J'ai beaucoup aimer mon expérience au Centre de Conditionnement BodyShop. J'ai eu droit à de nombreuse formation service à la clientèle et vente. Ces formations étaient payer et me permettaient une possibilité d'avancement dans l'entreprise. J'ai dû quitter parce que j'ai déménager à Montréal.
Pros
Horaire flexible
Cons
Loins
Great Company! Poor manager!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 December 2017
Great Company. I love the idea of enriching and helping the lives of others. Excellent products I will continue to buy The BodyShop products.
Manager on the other hand, picks favourites, doesn't inform staff of changes to schedule and doesn't follow availability form. Catty environment. 5 hours shifts with no breaks.
Pros
The small sample goody bag.
Cons
No hours
Poorly run
CUSTOMER CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 December 2017
This company cuts corners, has poor management, requires too much of employees without paying them well, managers that don't know what they are doing and are poor at their job
Good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 December 2017
Good team members and management. The store policies are amazing because they do not test on animals and always use community trade ingredients on the products.
Pros
Amazing products, good employee discount, amazing team
Cons
salary, not so many shifts
High Volume and High Demand
Keyholder/Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON11 December 2017
Very fun place, lots of great products and a fast paced environment. Great company with a great purpose to improve our planet!

Management is constantly changing and can be quite hectic. Usually understaffed making sick days and unavailable days an issue.
Pros
Great Energy
Cons
Understaffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Body Shop. Our community is ready to answer.