THE BIG CARROT Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
N/A (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2019
Great staff and management team. Wonderful place to work if you are interested in Health and wellness as there is so much to learn and so many people to help you. Hardest part of the job is that it is very busy and physically demanding. Most enjoyable part of the job - everything else!
good place to begin
sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2019
A really nice place to work. The employees are relatively nice & easy to get along with. The customers are generally nice as well. You do get a few interesting ones, but makes for good stories down the line.
Working here, I was introduced into the world of natural/organic food. I learned lots and made a few changes in what I now purchase for myself & family. I've worked in two departments and enjoyed my time there. They're great at giving you the hours that you request. And time off is easy, as long as you ask ahead of time.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Co op
productive fun place
Produce clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2019
I've had a wonderful time gaining insightful knowledge about organic products and healthy life style, i now have adapted as my way of living for myself. The most helpful employees and HR department. Working at the big carrot means finding a peaceful environment to learn and share knowledge with customer who are like family members. I advise anyone to go to the store and walk around just to have an idea as to who they are and what the provide for the community. you will be blowing away, with positive experience.
Great People, Great Products !!!!
Pros
all the help you need to get ahead in life
Cons
needs to be bigger
Run like a family business with great upside potential
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 February 2016
-Work days can be hard to structure do to a culture that lacked leadership.
-Wages out of step with reality though great for some employees bad for business.
-Management training was like pulling teeth.
-The best part of the job was the social responsibility and ethical practices.
Pros
Discount on groceries
Cons
Family business model
A very unique work environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2015
A worker-owned cooperative. Excellent workplace for workers but extremely challenging for management. A very successful business but somewhat insular. Roles and responsibilities of membership, board of directives and management confusing and difficult to navigate. Wages and benefits for workers are excellent but management salaries are inappropriately low. A very busy store in a bustling and funky neighborhood.
There is no C.E O. at The Big Carrot
Pros
Excellent store discount and benefits
Cons
A difficult business model
good place to work
o Took on supervisory role during boss' absence (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2013
it was a very good place to work and the people were very easy to work with