The Bethany Group logo
The Bethany Group

The Bethany Group Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Expect Corporate Bureaucracy

In the last 2 years things have really changed at Corporate. Cutbacks of positions and the work trickles down to other departments to pick up the slack. High Management turnover as well as people high up who are making very poor decisions and do not care of the staff below them and will continue to step on them as they move up the ladder. I was treated well, however I did see what was going on and the unfairness. There is not enough staff on the floor where it counts and workers are suffering with injuries, health, and morale. More importantly, residents are suffering due to lack of hands and time for them. Management does not see or chooses to ignore. Yes, pay is good as well as benefits, but it comes at a cost. If you like being run off your feet with sometimes no break then you will fit right in. Look at the newest reviews; this company has changed and not for the better. There are better places to work!

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Lack of staff and support

unsettled place to work

recently my manager was let go with no reason, I believe. she has always been easy to talk with. and has helped me grow in my role.there have been a lot of staff leave over the last few yearsNo respect of the employees.No consideration of what the employees do for the company.Bethany corporate has totally gone hill.

Pros

co workers

Cons

corporate head quarters bad management

Seems to be going downhill quickly

As other recent reviewers have already mentioned, there have been huge corporate changes over the past few years. No one at corporate seems to care when good people leave, too many positions have been cut, the turnover and burnout rates have skyrocketed and we are frequently short staffed. I would have once said that this was a great place to work but the poor culture seems to have permeated the entire organization now. I only hope that things will change in the future but I think there needs to be a complete or almost complete change of senior leadership in order for that to happen.

Pros

My co-workers are amazing, my manager is generally good to deal with, benefits and pay are above average, and most of us really care a lot about our clients.

Cons

Poor work culture, the senior leaders don't lead by example, and communication from the leadership team is very poor and feels insincere.

Facility has gone down hill with new management

Left the company just because of management. There is little being done, issues never solved. Always blamed employees for management issues. Communication is at an all time low. Pay is just above minimum wage, never went up when minimum wage did. Only go up .20 cents at a time. So basically nothing.

Pros

Awesome co workers

Cons

Managment

High Turnover in HR

Was a great place to work when I started, new leadership is cultivating a culture of fear. Worked with three directors before the current, and never had a problem before, also never worked with a director who speaks so poorly of our organizations top man before. 100% turnover in HR department in the past two years should speak volumes to anyone paying attention. Sad the organization is changing so much but not sad to be leaving.

fun place to work

staff and management are great the residents get great care from these wonderful people. lovable and grateful residents, families are nice too. benefits are great also.

I do feel respected and that I do make a difference

The past 13 years has been challenging. I did get corrected over the past 13 years and I do continue to work for this company. I di correct my bad behavior and I did apologized for any of my bad choices and responses to any situation which I responded wrong to.

Great co-workers

Good people to work with. My co-workers are very supportive. We had good working relationships in our department. Superiors/supervisors are supportive as well.

Our site has gone downhill

We have our old manager back and she is rude and has no interest in managing the lodge. She is never at our site and the admin has to do all the work. Us kitchen staff only see her if she needs to complain to us about something. We haven’t got a pay bump in 3 years. The company only rewards management and the rest get nothing. Benefits are ok but I’m thinking about working somewhere else.

Full filling work place

It’s a great place to work. I’ve learned a lot of skills. The work place culture is full filling. Good pay. Great work Schedule. Wonderful benefits. Lots of opportunity to gain skills.

Jobs at The Bethany Group

See more jobs

It was a great place to work.Left because I wasn’t getting enough hours.Would of stayed if I could of got more hours.Over all great place to work.Management was good to deal with.Alawys knew what was expected of you.

Pros

Great wage and great coworkers

Cons

Shift work

great pay, poor management and employees

I loved what I did and how I was paid, there are no complaints there, but my fellow employees where very hard to work with and some treated me like I was not welcomed. The management is very bad at my location because he does not answer any of your questions, and he will fully disregard anonymity. So if you put in a complaint about someone everyone will find out.

Awesome experience!!!

I have really enjoyed volunteering at the Bethany group. Great staff and work environment. I have learnt a lot and look forward to many more experiences there.

A Rewarding Job

No two days are the same that makes this job exciting and fun ! Some days are harder then others but the pay off is still worth it, if you are lucky and get to work with a fun loving energetic Team the hours just fly by and the whole place vibrates with positive energy that is contagious, in short it makes work easier.

Pros

Good benefits, salary, continued paid education

Cons

staff shortage, shift work

was amazing to work with them

I loved working with the bethany group. it was amazing. an amazing company to work for. The only down fall was the pay for km you end up paying out of your pocket for your gas to drive to clients houses. there benefits were great. I loved overall working for them and would definitely do it again.

Toxic Work Enviroment

Company goes through a lot of managers. Aides very standoffish to RN/RPN's and will go to management about anything. Always short of RN's a lot of workplace injuries and staff on leave due to same

Pros

New CEO who is amazing

Cons

Always short of RN's

hard work, limited staff

poor communication all levels, always short staffed. Team work almost does not exist. Not much time to work with clients, due to the lack of staffing on the floor.

Enjoyed working there

Is a good place to work. Enjoyed working with the clients and staff. Will miss everyone when I move. Enjoyed working there will miss everyone the clients and there families.

Pros

great people

Cons

split shifts

good place to work if you like the eldery

most enjoyable part of the job is working with great co workers and great residents. The hardest part of the job is not getting attached to the residents, and seeing them go whether it be they are moving to a different facility closer to family or because they have past away.

Good place to work, friendly staff

Cooking & serving the Residents was enjoyable.The staff were easy to get along with as also too was the management. Busy at times, but overall a good place to work.

Pros

Good benefits and pension plan that was matched by the employer

Cons

Some difficult staff to work with at times

challenging

they offer a good benefits, educational always free to get with pay as well. Challenging job but fun and team work for who you work with. Being RSA is a tough job so many responsibilities but be proud to be part of it.

Pros

good benefits

Cons

tough work
  • The Bethany Group