The Bethany Group

The Bethany Group Employee Reviews

Canada26 reviews
We have our old manager back and she is rude and has no interest in managing the lodge. She is never at our site and the admin has to do all the work. Us kitchen staff only see her if she needs to complain to us about something. We haven’t got a pay bump in 3 years. The company only rewards management and the rest get nothing. Benefits are ok but I’m thinking about working somewhere else.
Was a great place to work when I started, new leadership is cultivating a culture of fear. Worked with three directors before the current, and never had a problem before, also never worked with a director who speaks so poorly of our organizations top man before.

100% turnover in HR department in the past two years should speak volumes to anyone paying attention.

Sad the organization is changing so much but not sad to be leaving.
staff and management are great the residents get great care from these wonderful people. lovable and grateful residents, families are nice too. benefits are great also.
The past 13 years has been challenging. I did get corrected over the past 13 years and I do continue to work for this company. I di correct my bad behavior and I did apologized for any of my bad choices and responses to any situation which I responded wrong to.
Good people to work with. My co-workers are very supportive. We had good working relationships in our department. Superiors/supervisors are supportive as well.
It’s a great place to work. I’ve learned a lot of skills. The work place culture is full filling. Good pay. Great work Schedule. Wonderful benefits. Lots of opportunity to gain skills.
It was a great place to work.Left because I wasn’t getting enough hours.Would of stayed if I could of got more hours.Over all great place to work.Management was good to deal with.Alawys knew what was expected of you.
Pros
Great wage and great coworkers
Cons
Shift work
I loved what I did and how I was paid, there are no complaints there, but my fellow employees where very hard to work with and some treated me like I was not welcomed. The management is very bad at my location because he does not answer any of your questions, and he will fully disregard anonymity. So if you put in a complaint about someone everyone will find out.
I have really enjoyed volunteering at the Bethany group. Great staff and work environment. I have learnt a lot and look forward to many more experiences there.
No two days are the same that makes this job exciting and fun !
Some days are harder then others but the pay off is still worth it, if you are lucky and get to work with a fun loving energetic Team the hours just fly by and the whole place vibrates with positive energy that is contagious, in short it makes work easier.
Pros
Good benefits, salary, continued paid education
Cons
staff shortage, shift work
I loved working with the bethany group. it was amazing. an amazing company to work for. The only down fall was the pay for km you end up paying out of your pocket for your gas to drive to clients houses. there benefits were great. I loved overall working for them and would definitely do it again.
Company goes through a lot of managers. Aides very standoffish to RN/RPN's and will go to management about anything.
Always short of RN's a lot of workplace injuries and staff on leave due to same
Pros
New CEO who is amazing
Cons
Always short of RN's
poor communication all levels, always short staffed. Team work almost does not exist. Not much time to work with clients, due to the lack of staffing on the floor.
Is a good place to work. Enjoyed working with the clients and staff. Will miss everyone when I move. Enjoyed working there will miss everyone the clients and there families.
Pros
great people
Cons
split shifts
most enjoyable part of the job is working with great co workers and great residents. The hardest part of the job is not getting attached to the residents, and seeing them go whether it be they are moving to a different facility closer to family or because they have past away.
Cooking & serving the Residents was enjoyable.The staff were easy to get along with as also too was the management. Busy at times, but overall a good place to work.
Pros
Good benefits and pension plan that was matched by the employer
Cons
Some difficult staff to work with at times
they offer a good benefits, educational always free to get with pay as well. Challenging job but fun and team work for who you work with. Being RSA is a tough job so many responsibilities but be proud to be part of it.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
tough work
I have worked for the Bethany group in Camrose for over 40yrs. Retired in 2014 Loved my job . Looking towards just being a greeter at Walmart I'm a sociably butterfly , I like people, and doing my best to keep all people happy. I would love to work at the Camrose Walmart
Learned to be resilient by working on several different units.
team work was a big factor in the positive outlook of this company
I was able to hone my skill further than i was able to before sadly i was not to fond of the management team they had in place.The residents i worked for were very happy with the sevice i was able to provide for them.
Pros
good people
Cons
bad management
awesome company to work for. i personally learnt more understand on individuals . management was very easy to talk to and comment on a job well done , gave many of thanks . co-workers where awesome got along well with each other . hardest part of the job was if a senior died it was very sad . most enjoyable was serving the seniors it was a pleasure to see a smile on there fACES KNOWING they where in a safe and respected place from harm