The Bauer Kitchen Employee Reviews

Friendly environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON16 April 2018
I learned a lot about customer service and how to treat customers in a service role. Workplace culture was very friendly and management was very easy to work for. I would recommend a job here for anyone who wants to serve great food in a trendy environment.
was not the best job
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 September 2017
they make you work way too long and over the hours you are schedules as well as they dont give you very many shifts it is a very intense job as well for what you have to do.
Really Enjoyed My Time There
Sommelier/Server (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON6 August 2016
Worked with a solid team, and we all got along well. Lots to like, but no opportunities to advance in the Company. Too bad.
very nice and friendly work environment
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 June 2016
i did dishes and general cleaning, all co workers friendly and helpful, great team work, very nice management could always talk to. was very demanding at times like diner rush but everyone helped everyone to make it better. enjoyed the very friendly work environment the most.
Solid food service company
First pastry cook (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON19 August 2015
The Charcoal Group is highly respected in turning out well trained cooks and chefs. The culture is much more female friendly than many in the restaurant business and there are good opportunities to move laterally within various restaurants.
hard and stressful place
dishwasher (Former Employee) –  waterloo on11 August 2015
You walk in and get changed and work for your shift without any brakes in an 7 hour period. To be honest I didn't learn anything because it was just like what I already learned in school. Well I didn't know who management was because every time I worked it was a different person. Co workers with good for the most part, funny, down to earth, and understanding expect a few who were less then enjoyable to be around. The hardest part was the long and late nights ( that they don't change for school) and just an endless amount of dish with limited help in a busy restaurant. The most enjoyable part was just being in a kitchen and feel like being on a team.
Anyone who has a love for food and service, this is a place to start.
Baker (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON4 November 2014
Was a wonderful place to work. Was team focused and taught only how to serve the best product ever. My eyes that is very valuable.

Fast paced environment, but managed very well.
Fun people, great business
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON3 June 2014
The people were really nice, and i loved working with the other hostesses. I worked weekends because i was in school during the weekdays. Weekends were the busiest so the shift went by really fast. The hardest part of the job was trying to figure out the hostess computer program. It was a program where you had to input constantly what point the customers were at during their meals and input reservations. It was challenging in the beginning but i got the hang of it fast. I improved my customer service skills, as i had to say hello to everyone that came in and out of the restaurant.
Pros
half price meals
Cons
short and busy hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Bauer Kitchen. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2