The Banff Centre Employee Reviews

Great workplace
Safety And Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB19 October 2017
Great company, great staff and professional workplace. Most enjoyable part was getting to know all the staff members throughout my daily duties as a security officer.
Good bus boy job
Server (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB22 September 2017
I got $2 above minimum at the time. They give you the solid 40 hours a week. If it's a bit slow they may cut it down a bit but everybody got even hours.

The benefits worked out great, you have access to the gym and swimming pool.
Pros
Great salary, easy to get promoted
Cons
Long hours on your feet
Amazing
banquet server (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB3 May 2017
Long hours, but amazing job. Beautiful location. Since it is unionized you make a bit more per hour than a regular job, but it takes awhile to start moving up since there are so many staff.
Pros
free food
Cons
Best place to work in my career
Executive Assistant to the President (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB3 May 2017
EA to the President
- All duties associated with organizing the president
- Personal Assistant duties
- Calendar management
- Travel planning
- meeting management
Amazing place to start my hospitality career!
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB23 April 2017
At the Banff Centre I start off at as a server and eventually got promoted to being a bartender. I had an amazing team to work with which really helped me into my transition from server to bartender. If I ever decided to live in Banff, Alberta again I would definitely reapply at the Banff Centre.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of Hours
No clear direction
Painter's assistant (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB27 March 2017
i found the banff centre to be a great place if your looking for a cheap staff acom, the banff centre is the best bet. besides that most the management is there, because they have worked there the longest. not the best qualified people
Pros
cheap staff acom
Cons
Lots of people just counting the days till retirement
beautiful view
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB1 February 2017
this was my first serving and barista job. learned a lot from the staff. Amazing view and amazing food. Everyone was so friendly from the serving staff to all the customers.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
no cons
Housekeeping department hiring process racist. Union useless and never in office
Building Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB10 December 2016
This is for the housekeeping/custodial(building service worker) department A few good people keep the place running, but overall very poorly managed. Experienced Canadian will be turned down for inexperienced phillepenos time and time again. Also discipline is focused on non-philipeno employees. If you speak against management you wil be targeted and eventually outed.

High turn over rate (saw over seven people quit or be wrongfully dismissed within a few months). Supervisors treat you as expendable.

Benefits don't kick in for six months.
Pros
Good pay. Banff centre perks
Cons
Poorly managed, racist, poor hiring process
Great learning experience and work culture
PHOTOGRAPHER PRACTICUM (Current Employee) –  Banff, AB31 October 2016
Great learning experience and work culture. Practicum positions at Banff Centre provide commercial and visual artists with real-world experience in their field and invaluable mentorship from esteemed professionals in their field.
Productive and multicultural place to work
Room attendant (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB19 February 2016
I learned different new things of my co workers who became really good friends , I improved my english and learned a bit of french .
Pros
50 % off per meal
Extremely collaborative and inspiring
NBC Sponsored Field Producer/Director (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB5 November 2014
Being surrounded in a mountain environment around people that are passionate about what they do really affects the quality of your work. Working at the Banff Centre has been my best work & life experience and I would recommend the place to anyone.
Great place on many levels.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB27 August 2014
I worked there prior to my migration to Australia, and had I not made this move, I would likely still be employed there. I only resigned my position as I got married and relocated to here as my wife is Australian. I loved the people I worked with and still am in contact with a few. They are a great team and I hope to stay in touch with some of them for years to come.
Pros
Beautiful landscape surrounds it, and it added to skills I had gained elsewhere.
Cons
I was starting to not want overnight shifts and now married and a father, I need something more day time.
Fun workplace within a Union
Food & Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB12 June 2014
We had a beautiful view of the Rocky Mountains, were treated well, paid well, etc. I enjoyed working with my friends and my awesome supervisors.
Fun, Creative and Fast Pace Enviroment
Pantry Cook (Internship Only) (Former Employee) –  Banff, Alberta13 February 2014
Duties- make sandwiches, veg and fruit platters as well as cheese platters and salads. prepare side dishes for buffet such as steamed vegetables and mashed potatoes. set up buffet and serve on the buffet. I learned alot at the Banff Centre i learned to be more creative with food and work in a time limit enviroment. the people i worked with were fun and encouraging.
Great place with a wonderful landscape
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB13 June 2013
I loved working there and had it not been for my relocation, I would have probably still been there.